💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy is having a girl!

Spyro

Featured Posts

Spyro
7 minutes ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

It's understandable why it feels like that, but to me "gender" reveals are really uncomfortable as a concept. I don't blame expecting parents, but I do hope that more will start to think about them in a new light.

My personal discomfort with it mainly stems from my own experience as a nb/trans person rather than my being a progressive. I'm constantly at odds with how others define my gender and see me, so I hope that more parents will let their children find themselves before constructing everything around their fetus's sexual organ. The idea that 'not everything has to matter' is kind of funny to me when new parents often already map out a child's wardrobe, toys, interests, and future mates from the shape of their developing genitals.

I am happy for Katy with her new child though, she seems so happy!

I don't see an issue with gender reveal party's.  It's another way to celebrate a mother & father with their baby.  I might not be able to put my shoes in yours, but my feeling is that for the first three-four years of a child's life.. the parents aren't really doing anything wrong.  But it ends when the child is aware to live their life with how they identify.  By three-fours pass by, nobody but the parents will remember the party.  Again, might not be able to truly understand, but that's how I see it

Spyro the Dragon

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

Literally nobody in this whole entire thread did that tho? Go back and re-Read this thread so you can understand what was happening. Because nobody called her ignorant, and everyone is congratulating her lol 

It was insinuated. And I did read the thread. That discussion is so unnecessary and so inappropriate in this thread. 

Delaney Elias

Congrats to her! I know she's gonna be a great mom! 

Delaney

Gracious Gaga
5 minutes ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

It's understandable why it feels like that, but to me "gender" reveals are really uncomfortable as a concept. I don't blame expecting parents, but I do hope that more will start to think about them in a new light.

My personal discomfort with it mainly stems from my own experience as a nb/trans person rather than my being a progressive. I'm constantly at odds with how others define my gender and see me, so I hope that more parents will let their children find themselves before constructing everything around their fetus's sexual organ. The idea that 'not everything has to matter' is kind of funny to me when new parents often already map out a child's wardrobe, toys, interests, and future mates from the shape of their developing genitals.

this this this this all of thissssssss . 

the baby is the same baby it was when they first announced pregnancy.  it makes no difference if it has a penis or vagina so I dont understand the significances in learning about what's in between its legs!

but thats juuuuuuuust my silly old opinion :) 

♥ Kindness Police.

1 hour ago, RepentingSinner said:

Prediction:

She will be named after Katys grandmother.

are you trying ti make me cry because i fcking will cry :bradley:

dont even think it'll happen but i love it already

Spyro
1 hour ago, Gracious Gaga said:

the baby is the same baby it was when they first announced pregnancy.  it makes no difference if it has a penis or vagina so I dont understand the significances in learning about what's in between its legs!

I've never had a child (hehe), but have been at my fair share of gender reveal parties.  I fee like you're looking too much into it.  People are just there to celebrate the life of a new baby.  When my sister had her gender reveal party (the third one overall from my sisters) my mom would always wear a shirt "blue or pink maw maw loves you" to all of them.  So I kinda feel like you're missing the point... people will react to blue or red the same and it's just a way of celebration of human life.

Spyro the Dragon

Squeeshy Keety
4 minutes ago, Regina George said:

It was insinuated. And I did read the thread. That discussion is so unnecessary and so inappropriate in this thread. 

I think we all need a little bit of peace in this thread :)

Gender isn't a dirty topic, so I think we would do better to get along

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Monsterxo
7 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Males and females navigate the world completely differently, and have different types of life experiences, so of course its exciting for the parents to know whats in store for the life they bring into the world. Whether Katy's baby girl grows up liking makeup and dresses or toy trucks and soccer, there are still universal differences between the two sexes.

Economy
1 minute ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

U could the say the exact same about literally every other thing tho

We humans are social beings and have social constructs and culture for literally almost anything

The same way u say we shouldn't pick out specific types of clothes or toys... That could apply to literally everything. We don't know what the child's personality will be and a lot of it is evolved by Environment anyway so do we prepared nothing if we have kids?

What about entertainment? Movies? Would it not be presumptuous then too to assume a kid will like a certain type of cartoons and to mold them that way? What if they prefer pigs instead of cats on tv?

I think it's inescapable to make assumptions especially something with as much planning and excitement as having a child that u prepare so much for

I think the important thing above all is that parents love their kids and also recognize each child is unique and could turn out differently to what they may expect whether it's gender or something else like their likes and dislikes and that they do not let that be an issue and accept them for who they are

Social constructs don't have to be bad. They create a certain predictability, comfort in social interaction (cuz u know what's considered appropriate to say or not say in a certain circumstance etc). It also makes it possible to create large groups of likes and dislikes in entertainment for example. Without some degree of social pressure whether it's conscious or not, our tastes would be so all over the place we couldn't have enough ppl like the same things to support industries like artists for example

I think for social beings like humans social constructs do more good than bad in themselves despite their negative associations these days...

The issue is not knowing how to accept individuals that don't want to confirm to social constructs and I think that's where ppl have to be challanged. It's ok to have a social norm and that's culture too but acknowledge some individuals don't want that norm and accept them

Like 90% of ppl (educated guess I don't actually know the real number) or more of ppl are perfectly happy to have social constructs on gender. I like being male and I like having males clothes and stuff to identify with and I see nothing wrong with that

But again ppl just need to be aware not to force expectations. I think that's where the real issue lies

Gracious Gaga
Just now, Economy said:

U could the say the exact same about literally every other thing tho

We humans are social beings and have social constructs and culture for literally almost anything

The same way u say we shouldn't pick out specific types of clothes or toys... That could apply to literally everything. We don't know what the child's personality will be and a lot of it is evolved by Environment anyway so do we prepared nothing if we have kids?

What about entertainment? Movies? Would it not be presumptuous then too to assume a kid will like a certain type of cartoons and to mold them that way? What if they prefer pigs instead of cats on tv?

I think it's inescapable to make assumptions especially something with as much planning and excitement as having a child that u prepare so much for

I think the important thing above all is that parents love their kids and also recognize each child is unique and could turn out differently to what they may expect whether it's gender or something else like their likes and dislikes and that they do not let that be an issue and accept them for who they are

Social constructs don't have to be bad. They create a certain predictability, comfort in social interaction (cuz u know what's considered appropriate to say or not say in a certain circumstance etc). It also makes it possible to create large groups of likes and dislikes in entertainment for example. Without some degree of social pressure whether it's conscious or not, our tastes would be so all over the place we couldn't have enough ppl like the same things to support industries like artists for example

I think for social beings like humans social constructs do more good than bad in themselves despite their negative associations these days...

The issue is not knowing how to accept individuals that don't want to confirm to social constructs and I think that's where ppl have to be challanged. It's ok to have a social norm and that's culture too but acknowledge some individuals don't want that norm and accept them

Like 90% of ppl (educated guess I don't actually know the real number) or more of ppl are perfectly happy to have social constructs on gender. I like being male and I like having males clothes and stuff to identify with and I see nothing wrong with that

But again ppl just need to be aware not to force expectations. I think that's where the real issue lies

I love u but you need to not used so many spaces between each paragraph <3 LOL <3 

♥ Kindness Police.

Squeeshy Keety
7 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I don't see an issue with gender reveal party's.  It's another way to celebrate a mother & father with their baby.  I might not be able to put my shoes in yours, but my feeling is that for the first three-four years of a child's life.. the parents aren't really doing anything wrong.  But it ends when the child is aware to live their life with how they identify.  By three-fours pass by, nobody but the parents will remember the party.  Again, might not be able to truly understand, but that's how I see it

That's fair. For me, I have distinct memories (as do my parents) of trying to reaching out in my expression from the age of 3, but my parents every time would tell me not to do that and hand me a "boy" toy or take the hair tie out of my little bangs. I think the thing is, an infant knows literally nothing and receives all stimuli from their parents, and so for me and others like me, the mismatch was super jarring from a really young age. I just think certain things don't need to affect how we see our children such as their genitals, as we don't treat children with different eye colors or nose shape any different. I personally don't know the supposed best way to raise a child, but I think it does take a certain level of sensitivity and flexibility.

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Economy
3 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I love u but you need to not used so many spaces between each paragraph <3 LOL <3 

Sorry :enigma:

Did I make any sense tho on my opinion essay tho or was it too confusing? :emma:

I'm always struggling between feeling like I'm not explaining my deep thoughts in enough details and feeling like I'm ranting so much p will get lost and I never know if I write too much, too little, or just right

I've been told I often over-explain myself :rip:

But I find if I don't often my point gets taken out of context or incorrectly to what I meant :laughga:

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, VenusHooker said:

Because the doctor told her it is a GIRL. God! 

the baby having a vagina doesn't necessarily mean they will identify as a girl/woman.  I know a couple people who have vaginas but identify as men. aka transgender LOL <3 thats what they meant by assuming the babies gender by saying its a girl because it has a vagina.  if we're speaking scientifically, the baby is FEMALE. 

♥ Kindness Police.

Economy
2 minutes ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

That's fair. For me, I have distinct memories (as do my parents) of trying to reaching out in my expression from the age of 3, but my parents every time would tell me not to do that and hand me a "boy" toy or take the hair tie out of my little bangs. I think the thing is, an infant knows literally nothing and receives all stimuli from their parents, and so for me and others like me, the mismatch was super jarring from a really young age. I just think certain things don't need to affect how we see our children such as their genitals, as we don't treat children with different eye colors or nose shape any different. I personally don't know the supposed best way to raise a child, but I think it does take a certain level of sensitivity and flexibility.

A little off topic but do u think this is why some trans feel the need to transition? Because they act the way society expects the other sex to act?

Cuz based on the arugment that sex and gender isn't the same thing and that genitals are just a biological aspect... 

Then why are transitions even relevant or ppl want them?

Cuz if anything that suggests they are associating their gender with their sex yet they are the ones saying it's not the same thing. Cuz say u have a female gender in a male sex body, if the two aren't the same why need a physical transition at all then? Seems contradictory? :huh:

Maybe since ur Trans u can explain ur view to me better on this cuz I never got it. The only explanation I can think of is that ppl aren't accepting enough about their gender expectations so they feel if they transition society accepts them better?

Squeeshy Keety
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think the difference is we now have the ability to provide our children with an abundance of choice. They will only ever be able to choose from the options presented to them from their parents, and I think presenting many options sends a message of inclusion that kids are sensitive to. This is true with a child's forms of expression and the labels we assign them too. If we give them the tools to express it themselves, they'll be able to figure it out

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Archived