opinion

Forced my boyfriend to listen to Gaga for the first time

oheyitso

Featured Posts

ImCalledTT
1 hour ago, Cherry Cherry said:

Your blog series has been a real pleasure to read throughout quarantine

I have to say I really love how British you are

Once you've ranked Chromatica you could maybe do Cheek to Cheek or Gaga's unreleased tracks/pre-the Fame EPs

This was so lovely, thank you so much! x I'll def be doing Chromatica and then who knows, the sky's the limit! 

Ahaha, just out of curiosity, what gives away my Britishness? 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cherry Cherry
23 minutes ago, ImCalledTT said:

This was so lovely, thank you so much! x I'll def be doing Chromatica and then who knows, the sky's the limit! 

Ahaha, just out of curiosity, what gives away my Britishness? 

It's my pleasure :kiss:

The £, A levels/GCSEs, very British expressions, also the humour. You have the classic English sense of humour. And the spelling!

I think it's obvious to anyone who's a Brit x

ProfessionalClown
5 hours ago, ImCalledTT said:

Back back back back... back again. But we've heard Rain On Me since I last posted and life feels so much better now! :vegas:

Ready and raring for Chromatica next week (!!) I've uploaded my JOANNE track ranking and review. This is an album I've always found so comforting and warm, and it was properly hard to dissect and separate it. Alas, we move x

Catch it here: https://toomuchtt.wordpress.com/2020/05/23/ranking-joanne-on-first-listen/, and have a cheeky peek at this week's new tier categories.

joanne-blur.jpg

Can't wait to review Chromatica next week as the cherry on top of what has been such a fun blogging ride. Thanks for all your support everyone! KISSES x

Hide contents

@Itsbrenda @kah once again, the time has come ladies

I see no bottom tier, as Joanne deserves.

Is he gonna do ASIB as well?

ImCalledTT
44 minutes ago, Cherry Cherry said:

It's my pleasure :kiss:

The £, A levels/GCSEs, very British expressions, also the humour. You have the classic English sense of humour. And the spelling!

I think it's obvious to anyone who's a Brit x

God, honoured that Sherlock Holmes reads my blogs! Ahah but no, that's fun I didn't even think about the Britishness of my writing, but glad you're on board with the humour 

ImCalledTT
39 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

I see no bottom tier, as Joanne deserves.

Is he gonna do ASIB as well?

Chromatica's next up (hopefully out on Friday, if I'm not too in shock from listening lol), and after that I'm really not sure to be honest! Will probably venture back into other pop culture moments. 

heavymlover

We have quite similar opinions on Joanne. It's refreshing to read your perspective as someone whose first major introduction into Gaga's discography was Joanne. Not the case for most people around these places. 

I think I have a little more appreciation for Million Reasons and Dancin' in Circles than you do, but overall we have pretty similar thoughts on the album.

Looking forward to your (and everyone elses) thoughts on Chromatica.

ProfessionalClown
2 hours ago, heavymlover said:

We have quite similar opinions on Joanne. It's refreshing to read your perspective as someone whose first major introduction into Gaga's discography was Joanne. Not the case for most people around these places. 

I think I have a little more appreciation for Million Reasons and Dancin' in Circles than you do, but overall we have pretty similar thoughts on the album.

Honestly, being a fan since the beginning, there was a lot of influx of stans from Joanne to right after ASIB and I saw a LOT of hatred idk why. I hate the people who think they're  better just because they were here longer. Gaga influenced us all in the same way and we call her Mother Monster for a reason because she cares for us like one. Some of us were just born at different times in her career.

heavymlover
15 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Honestly, being a fan since the beginning, there was a lot of influx of stans from Joanne to right after ASIB and I saw a LOT of hatred idk why. I hate the people who think they're  better just because they were here longer. Gaga influenced us all in the same way and we call her Mother Monster for a reason because she cares for us like one. Some of us were just born at different times in her career.

As someone who's been around for a while, it kind of excites me to see people who became fans during ARTPOP/Joanne/ASIB. It means that there's different aspects of Gaga's career that attract diferent kinds of people, and that those songs could mean as much to them as TF/TFM/BTW meant to us.

Franch Toast

First off, why in the hell was a tarantula crawling toward you on your desk? Is it your pet? The pet of someone with whom you live? Are you Billie Eilish's roommate? :billie:

Secondly, a delightful read as always, and I love the categories (I was just explaining what a Karen is to a friend today over chat) and the visuals, even though some taste was missing in the actual rankings. :huntyga: Your appreciation of "A-YO" made me think you may have almost redeemed yourself for doing "Dance in the Dark" and "Dope" dirty in earlier rankings, but then the "Just Another Day" slander came. :triggered: It's such a carefree, cheerful, and song, and one of the only songs that Gaga wrote all on her own – I find it deceptively simple and easy to underestimate. "Just Another Day," "A-YO," and both versions of "Angel Down" (I actually prefer the work tape) are my favorites off of Joanne. I also really like "Million Reasons," in spite of the hate it gets on this site, but I agree, it's more of a KP5 ranking. In other ways, you are more generous than I am, because there are a couple of Karens on the album for me. 

If you do find yourself looking for something to do between now and Chromatica, I'm sure your readers would love to see a ranking of ASIB! :party:Thank you for writing this! 

She/Her/Hers

ImCalledTT
9 hours ago, heavymlover said:

Yeah I do think I definitely connect with the album a lot more because it was the one that made me realise I loved her voice. Plus, I think jumping in at ‘Joanne’  acted as something of an easing point bc I’ve worked up some time before tackling Gaga’s ‘weirder’ albums (I feel like I enjoy them all a lot more now than I would have done a couple years ago!)

thanks for reading again love!

ImCalledTT
6 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

First off, why in the hell was a tarantula crawling toward you on your desk? Is it your pet? The pet of someone with whom you live? Are you Billie Eilish's roommate? :billie:

Secondly, a delightful read as always, and I love the categories (I was just explaining what a Karen is to a friend today over chat) and the visuals, even though some taste was missing in the actual rankings. :huntyga: Your appreciation of "A-YO" made me think you may have almost redeemed yourself for doing "Dance in the Dark" and "Dope" dirty in earlier rankings, but then the "Just Another Day" slander came. :triggered: It's such a carefree, cheerful, and song, and one of the only songs that Gaga wrote all on her own – I find it deceptively simple and easy to underestimate. "Just Another Day," "A-YO," and both versions of "Angel Down" (I actually prefer the work tape) are my favorites off of Joanne. I also really like "Million Reasons," in spite of the hate it gets on this site, but I agree, it's more of a KP5 ranking. In other ways, you are more generous than I am, because there are a couple of Karens on the album for me. 

If you do find yourself looking for something to do between now and Chromatica, I'm sure your readers would love to see a ranking of ASIB! :party:Thank you for writing this! 

Ahaha the ‘ttarantula’ was just a spider, I was just being dramatic :messga:

JAD is a beautiful song, don’t get me wrong! I just think it SOUNDS like it’s a bonus track on Joanne, like it doesn’t fit the sound to me, and I think because I love  a lot of the other tracks, it kinda gets lost in the shuffle for me. That being said, A-YO and both Angel Downs  (with the worktape also being my favourite) in my top tier must make sense with your fantasy. What would you put as your Karen’s? I just couldn’t do one of my fave albums dirty like that :saladga: (Gaga kinda looks like a Karen in that) 

Hopefully see you next week for Chromatica! And YES ASIB is def on the cards, but it would be similar to Joanne in the fact I’ve already listened/watched and loved

Franch Toast
5 hours ago, ImCalledTT said:

Ahaha the ‘ttarantula’ was just a spider, I was just being dramatic :messga:

JAD is a beautiful song, don’t get me wrong! I just think it SOUNDS like it’s a bonus track on Joanne, like it doesn’t fit the sound to me, and I think because I love  a lot of the other tracks, it kinda gets lost in the shuffle for me. That being said, A-YO and both Angel Downs  (with the worktape also being my favourite) in my top tier must make sense with your fantasy. What would you put as your Karen’s? I just couldn’t do one of my fave albums dirty like that :saladga: (Gaga kinda looks like a Karen in that) 

Hopefully see you next week for Chromatica! And YES ASIB is def on the cards, but it would be similar to Joanne in the fact I’ve already listened/watched and loved

My least favorite tracks are "Grigio Girls," "Perfect Illusion," and "Hey Girl." Based on the song itself, "Grigio Girls" is probably a Karen for me, but I feel bad saying so since Gaga wrote it for her friend Sonja who's since passed away. I love Florence's music, but I think "Hey Girl" is probably in the category of Lana's IG for me. I never clicked with with the album version of "Perfect Illusion," in spite of enjoying Tame Impala, but it's probably mid-tier for me – I like the live version a lot more, sort of like with "Hair." 

I love Joanne as well and find it to be extremely cohesive. I really wish she would've given "A-YO" proper single treatment. 

And glad that wasn't a real tarantula. A brightly colored spider came crawling at me yesterday while I was gardening, and I yielded to the spider and took a break from replanting my peppermint. 

She/Her/Hers

ImCalledTT
7 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

My least favorite tracks are "Grigio Girls," "Perfect Illusion," and "Hey Girl." Based on the song itself, "Grigio Girls" is probably a Karen for me, but I feel bad saying so since Gaga wrote it for her friend Sonja who's since passed away. I love Florence's music, but I think "Hey Girl" is probably in the category of Lana's IG for me. I never clicked with with the album version of "Perfect Illusion," in spite of enjoying Tame Impala, but it's probably mid-tier for me – I like the live version a lot more, sort of like with "Hair." 

I love Joanne as well and find it to be extremely cohesive. I really wish she would've given "A-YO" proper single treatment. 

And glad that wasn't a real tarantula. A brightly colored spider came crawling at me yesterday while I was gardening, and I yielded to the spider and took a break from replanting my peppermint. 

Hey Girl was weird to me because it was so UNLIKE anything Flo or Gaga had ever done (at least, in my smol brain). I wanted to like it so badly because of the iconicity of the collab, but I do think it's a bit rigid and awkward on Joanne - that being said, it's a fun collab and I do enjoy its tempo and structure. Def a middle tier for me. Interesting to hear your thoughts on Grigio Girls and Perfect Illusion, and god I agree - why A-YO wasn't a proper single is BEYOND ME. Especially after the half-attempts to promote John Wayne. 

Hope the peppermint is okay, sending my love!

ImCalledTT

The Chromatica tier ranking is up (and I put her in her own thread because I feel like the album deserves it frankly). Interested to hear where everyone feels the songs fit into the new tiers - do you agree with my bottom tier? 

Spoiler

Excuse the beggy tag, but if you find a minute between streaming Chromatica, I thought you might like to see! @kah @Itsbrenda @Franch Toast @Cherry Cherry @heavymlover

Itsbrenda

YES! 

I will give this a read tomorrow! 
I can’t take a single bit of negativity towards Chromatica on this day (if there is any) :vegas:

Archived