šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Forced my boyfriend to listen to Gaga for the first time

oheyitso

Featured Posts

ImCalledTT
37 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

The live versions of "Hair" are the best. I like them so much better than the album version, which in my opinion is overproduced. There are a few other good ones on YouTube too ā€“ from the iHeart Radio concert, where she dedicates the song to a Little Monster who took his own life, and the Thanksgiving special, plus a couple of others.Ā 

Oh, and I loved your write-ups and your chart system! I agree with most of your rankings other than "Dance in the Dark" and "Dope."Ā :heart:

Ā 

Thank you, that's very sweet of you to say! I'll have to repay DITD another visit because of the UPROAR it's caused on here - maybe I had blocked ears the first time around

Ā 

I'll definitely check out those performances - I'm a sucker for a live vocal > studio production ANY DAY

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Itsbrenda
22 hours ago, ImCalledTT said:

Nowhere nearĀ as exciting as the Chromatica announcement, but I'm back with my ARTPOP reaction, review and ranking!

https://toomuchtt.wordpress.com/2020/05/08/ranking-ARTPOP-on-first-listen/

Potentially spoilers... but y'all I absolutely LOVED it. Genuinely I was hooked from start to end (apart from THAT one song lol:billie:) Just look at how many elite tiers there are in the little tease I've left below...

artpop-blur.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the rankings and new categories this week! Please let me know your thoughts below, I really love the discussions and hearing some seasoned fans' opinions!!
Ā 

Ā  Hide contents

@kahĀ @ItsbrendaĀ I stuck to my wordĀ :oops:

Ā 

Thank you! Excited to read this one!Ā 

Itsbrenda

I love it, although, did you purposefully leave Dope out of your album order šŸ˜‚

also,Ā 

ā€œThe almost Cockney accent in the second verse was not the move. I donā€™t know if its even what she was aiming for, but no Oliver, you canā€™t have any moreā€ - DeadĀ 

also,Ā 

GUY the top? Come on now. ā€˜Love me love me please retweetā€™Ā :saladga:

excited for Joanne, please tag me again! šŸ™ƒ

ImCalledTT
21 minutes ago, Itsbrenda said:

I love it, although, did you purposefully leave Dope out of your album order šŸ˜‚

also,Ā 

ā€œThe almost Cockney accent in the second verse was not the move. I donā€™t know if its even what she was aiming for, but no Oliver, you canā€™t have any moreā€ - DeadĀ 

also,Ā 

GUY the top? Come on now. ā€˜Love me love me please retweetā€™Ā :saladga:

excited for Joanne, please tag me again! šŸ™ƒ

Yeah Dope and Jewels Nā€™ Drugs were skips for me, decided theyā€™d be better off just not there (although Dopeā€™s actually growing on me now yaknow).

G.U.Y is a timeless hit and Iā€™ll be hearing no slanderĀ :queenga:

thanks again love, Iā€™ll see ya at the next one!Ā 

Itsbrenda
3 hours ago, ImCalledTT said:

Yeah Dope and Jewels Nā€™ Drugs were skips for me, decided theyā€™d be better off just not there (although Dopeā€™s actually growing on me now yaknow).

G.U.Y is a timeless hit and Iā€™ll be hearing no slanderĀ :queenga:

thanks again love, Iā€™ll see ya at the next one!Ā 

Didnā€™t even realise Jewels Nā€™ Drugs wasnā€™t on the list šŸ˜‚

So great to hear that both Aura and Dope are growing on you @ImCalledTTĀ :firega:

As to my opinion ARTPOP the song - I skip it for the party, but I like it in general. It definitely took some time tho, I used to hate itĀ :saladga:Ā the performance below helped big time

Ā 

Ā 

ImCalledTT
7 minutes ago, kah said:

So great to hear that both Aura and Dope are growing on you @ImCalledTTĀ :firega:

As to my opinion ARTPOP the song - I skip it for the party, but I like it in general. It definitely took some time tho, I used to hate itĀ :saladga:Ā the performance below helped big time

Ā 

Ā 

This was such a good performance - enchanting, haunting, controlled, playful.Ā :huntyga:

'Scuse myĀ enquiring as a wannabe new Gaga fan, but why did she perform ARTPOP? It wasn't a single was it? Is there a story behind this performance? Feel like Fallon is such a big TV spot I'm surprised she didn't choose a bigger song!Ā (I'm glad she went with this tho)

Glamourpuss
3 minutes ago, ImCalledTT said:

This was such a good performance - enchanting, haunting, controlled, playful.Ā :huntyga:

'Scuse myĀ enquiring as a wannabe new Gaga fan, but why did she perform ARTPOP? It wasn't a single was it? Is there a story behind this performance? Feel like Fallon is such a big TV spot I'm surprised she didn't choose a bigger song!Ā (I'm glad she went with this tho)

For a long time especially in the earlier eras she used to sing an album track and wouldn't always sing the single she was supposed to be promoting. It was one of the things I loved about her back then.Ā 

ImCalledTT
10 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

For a long time especially in the earlier eras she used to sing an album track and wouldn't always sing the single she was supposed to be promoting. It was one of the things I loved about her back then.Ā 

Oh I totallyĀ respect that - it's such a fun way to do things for the fans rather than the GP (and also give people a broader taste of your album tbh). Can't wait for her to sing Chromatica I, II and III!!

heavymlover

I'm so here for some ARTPOP loveĀ :bradley:Ā The messy era kind of had a negative impact on some people's opinion on theĀ album. I totally agree with you on J&D. Total skip for me. On the other hand, I actually really enjoy MJH (and I don't even smoke).

Also, you should check out I Wanna be With You. It's the original version of Dope, and in my opinion it's the superior one, although I understand Gaga changed it because Dope was a very personal telling of some of theĀ issues she was going throughĀ at the moment.

Ā 

Ā 

ImCalledTT
19 hours ago, heavymlover said:

I'm so here for some ARTPOP loveĀ :bradley:Ā The messy era kind of had a negative impact on some people's opinion on theĀ album. I totally agree with you on J&D. Total skip for me. On the other hand, I actually really enjoy MJH (and I don't even smoke).

Also, you should check out I Wanna be With You. It's the original version of Dope, and in my opinion it's the superior one, although I understand Gaga changed it because Dope was a very personal telling of some of theĀ issues she was going throughĀ at the moment.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah I'm glad I've got to appreciate the album outside of any era mess:oops:Ā can't believe y'all let that happen, smh.

Ā 

I loved I Wanna Be With You wow! It's definitely a more paired back Dope, with smoother vocals and just generally softer sonically. And those drums at the end with the big build up? BEAUTIFUL. I kinda get why she changed it up for the album, because it doesn't really fit with the ARTPOP sound, but I'm glad we've got this standalone version at least.Ā 

ImCalledTT

Back back back back... back again. But we've heard Rain On Me since I last posted and life feels so much better now!Ā :vegas:

Ready and raring for Chromatica next week (!!) I've uploaded my JOANNE track ranking and review. This is an album I've always found so comforting and warm, and it was properly hard to dissect and separate it. Alas, we move x

Catch it here:Ā https://toomuchtt.wordpress.com/2020/05/23/ranking-joanne-on-first-listen/, and have a cheeky peek at this week's new tier categories.

joanne-blur.jpg

Can't wait to review Chromatica next week as the cherry on top of what has been such a fun blogging ride. Thanks for all your support everyone! KISSES x
Ā 

Spoiler

@ItsbrendaĀ @kahĀ once again, the time has come ladies

Ā 

8 minutes ago, ImCalledTT said:

Back back back back... back again. But we've heard Rain On Me since I last posted and life feels so much better now!Ā :vegas:

Ready and raring for Chromatica next week (!!) I've uploaded my JOANNE track ranking and review. This is an album I've always found so comforting and warm, and it was properly hard to dissect and separate it. Alas, we move x

Catch it here:Ā https://toomuchtt.wordpress.com/2020/05/23/ranking-joanne-on-first-listen/, and have a cheeky peek at this week's new tier categories.

joanne-blur.jpg

Can't wait to review Chromatica next week as the cherry on top of what has been such a fun blogging ride. Thanks for all your support everyone! KISSES x
Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

@ItsbrendaĀ @kahĀ once again, the time has come ladies

Ā 

Pretty close to what I would rank the songs at too.Ā 

I'd put PI lower and Grigio Girls higher tho.Ā 

Archived