💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What ever happened to Marry The Night?

Pop Art

Featured Posts

Rollercoaster

Why are we crying over this? It's an awful song. The hook misses, the 2nd verse is for basic b---hes and the vocals are edited to sound like metal scraping metal.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a great song but not very '' Gaga type ''. I mean its just a typical pop song like other songs on the album. Judas and Scheiße are the only songs which are very Gaga type. and I dont even want to talk about the long of the video.

I think it'sbecause of the 4th and 2nd theories.

It was the 5th single from the album. Most releases after the 3rd or 4th single seldom ever perform well on the charts. The exceptions to this rule are VERY RARE.

And don't give me Rihanna and Katy Perry. The only reason their "later" singles have been successful is because of payola + the general public's taste for inanely generic music.

It's an epic song that should have been more widely recognized than it was, but it wasn't allowed the opportunity to shine.

End of story.

True

Its a great song but not very '' Gaga type ''. I mean its just a typical pop song like other songs on the album. Judas and Scheiße are the only songs which are very Gaga type. and I dont even want to talk about the long of the video.

Yes i feel it's differant then anything else Gaga has ever made.

Pure Adrenaline

No, I totally understand where you're coming from. Every major artist is expected to have at least one single under perform. It's just that Marry The Night is my favorite song on the album, and it still kills me that it basically bombed worldwide.

it was hard for public to understand it, and it's easy just to deny sth than try to figure it out so => flop off the charts.....but if it was released instead of BTW or Judas would have been a hit I'm sure about it

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Guest StutterGlitch

I agree with all your points, especially #4. I think it would've done better if it was released as the second single.

I love Marry the Night with my life but I agree with the comments about that the song is noisy and the vocals too. I mean, in the live performances, the voice of Gaga sounds SO MUCH better than the studio version tbh.

Tommymonster44

Could you tell me what happened to Lights by Ellie Goulding?

Well, Ellie's first few singles off of her album didn't really gain traction at all outside of the European markets. When she released lights, it was the same old and nobody thought it would do well. It seemed like everyone's predictions were true and the song was terrible terrible. Then, slowly, over a very slow and drawn out period of time, the song gained more and more traction. Eventually it peaked at number one for several weeks and became this massive hit.

So basically, Ellie's first few singles flopped and Lights was looking like the final failure before it took off out of nowhere and became one of the biggest songs of 2012.

romonster

It would've smashed if it was the first single, with Born This Way being the 2nd single, TEOG the 3rd and Scheiße the 4th, as Gaga initially planned.

Redstreak

It would've smashed if it was the first single, with Born This Way being the 2nd single, TEOG the 3rd and Scheiße the 4th, as Gaga initially planned.

Tbh I think BTW wouldn't have done that well if it hadn't been the first single.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Tommymonster44

Tbh I think BTW wouldn't have done that well if it hadn't been the first single.

It's a great song that is radio and sales friendly, so I think it would have been great.

But I do agree with the first single idea. It just wouldn't be natural for the Born This Way era to get kicked off with any other song apart from Born This Way itself.

Jesse Pinkman

I think at that point, people were over Born This Way, I think people thought that Gaga was trying too hard & their beliefs were "confirmed" with the video, Gaga simply burned out, but in out eyes she had created a masterpiece. I hope she can regain her overall popularity with ARTPOP which I think she will.

It's science, bitch

Dangerous Man

During that time, the GP was influenced by the media that Gaga is an illuminati creature and when you think of the title itself, Marry The Night, and with the lyrics of "I'm gonna marry the dark", they will actually get scared to that song. The GP doesn't really care about the deeper meaning of any gaga songs unlike us little monsters.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

I think that's half the reason why she had that media blackout… I think she knew that the GP was over her, and was tired of her. Marry The Night only made it worse. The media blackout was, in my opinion, the smartest thing she has done so far in her career.

Because it gave everyone the opportunity to miss her. Now she can come back with an amazing new single!

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

Archived