💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What ever happened to Marry The Night?

Pop Art

Featured Posts

I somewhat agree. However when I heard Marry the Night for the first time I loved it, but thought to myself "This is so different. Will people accept it if it's released as a single later on?"

I think the song just wasn't catchy enough for the musically ignorant general public to like.

It's not that is was too artsy or sophicated for the public - just too loud and annoying without being catchy. The root issue is that Gaga likes heavy metal and brought it's influence into pop dance. Really heavy loud songs have ALWAYS HAD A LIMITED AUDIENCE.

Garibay might be part of the issue too - that guy has never shown he has the magic hit-making touch as a producer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Garibay

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ, some of y'all are hopelessly traumatized with MTN. GET OVER IT. One year ago and y'all are still dwelling over this. Be grateful it went Gold.

elijahfan

The public just didn't like the song.

This is probably the reason, it isn't very difficult to see why. While I love the song to death, the production is noisy, especially during the chorus with those hard-hitting synths. It shares this distinction with Judas, the other song from the album that didn't perform well.

When I first heard the Born This Way single, the first thing I thought was "Gosh... THAT is noisy". And still, the song was a hit.

^ Not like the last minute of MTN.

BTW is very busy and in your face - as was Bad Romance - but not just pound-pound-pound in an uncatchy way.

I somewhat agree. However when I heard Marry the Night for the first time I loved it, but thought to myself "This is so different. Will people accept it if it's released as a single later on?"

I think the song just wasn't catchy enough for the musically ignorant general public to like. It's my favorite song of all time and it's part of the reason why Born This Way makes The Fame Monster look so damn basic. The hook is a bit stale. The song would have been perfectly fine without "M-m-m-marry the night"

And whoever superior entity are you?

Reading stuff like this makes me wanna puke

When I first heard the Born This Way single, the first thing I thought was "Gosh... THAT is noisy". And still, the song was a hit.

While Born This Way is very layered in production, the beats weren't as strong as the ones from MTN.

Arturo

And whoever superior entity are you?

Reading stuff like this makes me wanna puke

A majority of the general public thinks that a song that isn't catchy isn't worth their time. Why do you think things like Starships, Call Me Maybe, and Poker Face were massive hits?

I never claimed to be superior to anyone, and I don't know why you're offended since you're obviously not part of the general public since you stan for Gaga and know more about the music industry than most.

If reading comments like that makes you want to vomit, well I can't help with that problem.

elijahfan

While Born This Way is very layered in production, the beats weren't as strong as the ones from MTN.

... not sure the public was affected by this subtlety ^^' A noisy song remains a noisy song, and I gotta say that the BTW album as a whole is veeery noisy. I first found it exhausting to listen to it from start to finish without any break. It drained me from all energy.

Its still gonna go #1.... some songs take awhile.

photo-39.jpg?_r=1351399699

Makes me think what will happen IF it turned out (not raising my hopes here) to be like Lights of Ellie Goulding. :fan:

zNetworkMonster

Makes me think what will happen IF it turned out (not raising my hopes here) to be like Lights of Ellie Goulding. :fan:

Could you tell me what happened to Lights by Ellie Goulding?

It's ahead of its time... I'll be honest, I'm surprised "Born This Way" did so well.

I really doubt.. that it's success had anything to do with radio....

MARRY THE NIGHT WAS #1 on A LOT OF BIG MAINSTREAM RADIO STATIONS including Z100/Y100 Miami and New York top radio stations.. for days straight.. and in miami's case weeks straight.. #1 most requested song of the day.. it peaked at #14 on pop radio... and was still rising UNTIL....

interscope dropped it..

just like JUDAS(judas peaked #15.. on pop radio.. and although it was a 2nd single.. It was dropped quickly after TEOG started selling more than judas.. and never really allowed to truely grow on radio.. because interscope wanted an immediate hit for the album coming out weeks later..)

I honestly believe it was because they wanted an instant hit.. and it wasn't an instant smash.. like I've mentioned before on here.. MOST HITS LIKE RIHANNA AND KATY are SENT TOP 40 WITH HEAVY PROMOTION.. and are BASICALLY FORCED TO BE SPINNED.. many people have thrown the term buying a number one with many big pop names on radio today.. and these people are big within the music industry.. the industry is rigged.. and it's obvious... anyone that a--lyzes pop music can see that..

if marry the night was pushed as hard as BORN THIS WAY was.. it would probably be a top 10 hit at least.. JUDAS flopped because it wasn't an instant hit either.. it wasn't doing bad at all.. until interscope dropped it.... then again interscope was pushing LMFAO.. so it could look like favoritism on their part too.. not wanting gaga to take the spot light from LMFAO who barely get hits..

Interscope dropped every single gaga had after Born this way too quickly.. and focused on the next single too quickly... 5 singles in less than a year...... really?

Katy's teenage dream went though most of 2010.. all of 2011.. and early 2012.. with what? 6 singles? CG,TD,FW,ET,LFN,TOTGA

Born this way smashed.. Judas was slow to smash.. dropped.. TEOG smashed.. but not hard enough.. ADELE erupted.. interscoped pushed YOU AND I to jump on a bandwagon.. did okay.. dropped.. MARRY THE NIGHT.. slow to smash.. dropped..

that's just horrible management from the label... they ****ed up the entire album cycle.. after born this way.. and gaga should have been allowed to do W.E the **** she wanted.. SHE IS WHY THE FAME MONSTER did as well as it did..

Interesting theories... You're probably on to something since it did seem she had some disputes with her label, but then it she gave in a little. Like when she let Interscope choose the singles after a while.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Batwings

It was the 5th single from the album. Most releases after the 3rd or 4th single seldom ever perform well on the charts. The exceptions to this rule are VERY RARE.

And don't give me Rihanna and Katy Perry. The only reason their "later" singles have been successful is because of payola + the general public's taste for inanely generic music.

It's an epic song that should have been more widely recognized than it was, but it wasn't allowed the opportunity to shine.

End of story.

Archived