Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What ever happened to Marry The Night?

Pop Art

Featured Posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pity Party

idk but i fell in love with the instrumental of it, but then the full version came out and i wasn't to keen to it personally. I just didn't like her vocals in the chorus..mainly when she said "any-MUH-ORE!" and "expl-ORE!" to me it just felt... :huh:

Quite similar to what Billboard once said with regards to the chart performance of MTN, the track was more club-friendly than radio-friendly in a way. And the over-exposure had already caught her at that time. Too bad, but MTN would had slayed the charts if it was released as the 2nd single instead of Judas, just the way Gaga originally intended to. It's one of my most favourite tracks from BTW to be quite honest along with TEOG. Not to mention, Gaga had claimed that MTN was also her most favourite and most personal track from BTW... :coffee:

People don't do good sometimes, it's no big deal, EVERY artist will experience a song that doesn't make the top 10. I think this fanbase is a little spoiled or maybe they just have a twisted view of how singles work.

So true.

So true.

People need to get educated on how charts work. Because they think #29 is bad, wait until she charts #50 or something... It happens all the time. Look at Britney Spears' chart record... She's a ~legend~, but she basically "flopped" until Toxic. I don't know where this fanbase got the delusion that everyone needs top 10 hits in order to stay relevant.

Adele had the general public on her side the whole time, that's why her singles and album did well.

I'm so glad Marry The Night didn't do so well, or as well as people expected. It reminded the public, and especially the fans, that she's human and can't win everything.

WarriorPrince

The public didn't like the song. I can totally see why they didnt.

The frist time i listened to MTN my reaction was "ew what was she even thinking" i didnt even care about the amazing lyrics back then. Now i love it, but i'm a stan.

People don't do good sometimes, it's no big deal, EVERY artist will experience a song that doesn't make the top 10. I think this fanbase is a little spoiled or maybe they just have a twisted view of how singles work.

you just hit the nerve.

woork

Arturo

The public was not here for the song. Period. I don't understand why we're still having a philosophical bonfire over a song that was released to the radio almost a year ago. Let it rest in peace.

Oh my ****ing gosh....

It's been 11 months?...

Where has the time gone? :toofunny:

oussamonster

It wasn't a mainstream song, it was made to be released as a single, and the fact that the video (even though I pesonly like it) wasn't as entertaining as gaga's previous work as it was more self sentred and took itself too seriousley, not to mention the lack of promotion as the song wasn't perfomed at man stages as much as the previous singles.

HighwayFantasy

i think the most of the people who are responsible for chart sales just dont get the meaning behind the vid.

Archived