💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

All the confirmed new Chromatica lyrics, songs, soundscapes

littlepotter

Featured Posts

littlepotter

Here I've compiled a list of key takeaways from the Paper magazine interview that are relevant to new music from the album.

1- There will be a song featuring "wild animal noises," references to prehistory.

Confirmed lyrics "battle for your life". (Rumored title: Babylon)

Spoiler

She calls for her longtime manager, Bobby Campbell, to play a song off her sixth studio album, and asks him to turn it up: "Louder, please." Amidst a flurry of wild animal noises, references to partying in "BC" and fierce house beats, Gaga warns listeners to "battle for your life" on the track, as she mouths each lyric to herself.

2- The album's full of explosive anthems, and its climaxes are "way bigger than The Fame".  

Spoiler

Chromatica can be seen as a reflection of this radical acceptance; it's an album Gaga describes as "dancing through her pain." Featuring explosive anthems that brim with euphoric synth-pop climaxes (way bigger than The Fame), its lyrics nevertheless reflect Gaga's more somber, personal experiences. "It's a smack across the face throughout the album," Gaga says of its celebratory sound. "We don't stop being that happy. You will hear the pain in my voice and in some of the lyrics, but it always celebrates."

3- A song featuring a fellow female pop star (likely Ariana) is about accepting trauma.

Confirmed lyrics: "It's coming down on me, water like misery" (Rumored title: Rain On Me)

Spoiler

One such message led Gaga to collaborate with a fellow female pop star, who has similarly experienced immense trauma while in the public eye. Their song together is a monster of a dance tune, but its message is about submitting yourself to devastation ("It's coming down on me, water like misery") — a flawless dance floor crier as a "celebration of all the tears," Gaga describes. "I sat with her and we talked about our lives. It's two women having a conversation about how to keep going and how to be grateful for what you do."

4- There will be a song about gaga's antipsychotic meds.

Confirmed lyrics: "My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911"

Spoiler

Elsewhere in Chromatica, Gaga explores topics like her antipsychotic medication ("My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911")...

5- There will be a song about femininity, and the strength of both Gaga and the LGBTQ+ community in helping her "become a woman" - echoing what she has previously talked about in an episode of Rupaul's Drag Race: Untucked (Season 9, Episode 1).

Confirmed lyrics: "I'm not nothing without a steady hand".

Possible lyrics: "Can I feel free on my own? Do I need to be loved in order to feel like I've conquered it all?"

Spoiler

...and the undeniable force of femininity ("I'm not nothing without a steady hand"), the latter of which acknowledges both her own strength as well as that of the community who has "cheer[ed] her on" and helped her "become a woman." Specifically, she calls out trans women and gay men for helping her cope with PTSD and move past any spirals associated with reliving her pain. "In 2020, what does it mean to be a free woman?" Gaga questions, prompting a song that answers this question and sees her challenging the need to be with a man — or anyone at all — in order to survive. "Can I feel free on my own? Do I need to be loved in order to feel like I've conquered it all?" Speaking to the track's origin, Gaga says, "It came from thinking on some days I was going to die. I was like, 'I'm going to die soon, so I better say something important.' Now I listen to it and know that I'm going to live."

6- The album's genre is mainly classic house, including very big dance breaks, electronic outros, synths, and emotional power-pop melodies.

Spoiler

From start to finish, Chromatica is firmly rooted in classic house, with crisp, clubby dance breaks that all sound like they're competing with each other to be the biggest on the tracklist. Sonically, it's perhaps Gaga's most focused, consistent album to date, with all these producer contributions laddering up to the same fearless electronic tapestry, weaving in unruly breakbeat outros, emotional power-pop melodies that send a dopamine rush through the brain and tons of slick, shiny synths. You can weep to these songs just as much as you can sweat to them, and Gaga seems to be encouraging both at once.

7- Bonus: She's recording with Tony again, possibly for Cheek to Cheek 2! She has previously said that their next project would consist of Cole Porter songs.

Spoiler

"I think the only day me and BloodPopÂź ever had a fight was when I was trying to learn a jazz tune because I was going to see Tony [Bennett] really soon. He was like, 'We have to finish this!' and I was singing a Cole Porter record in the corner"

chaeri pls

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music

we have to stan the saint @littlepotter :hug: 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Pop Music

also the KissFM Australian male host could NEVER have gotten this steamy hot tea because he was too busy not understanding what Chromatica even was or how to pronounce it 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Chromatica AND another jazz album? This just keeps getting better.:excited:

I'm really excited for Babylon tbh

weed

Tony causing drama between Gaga and Bloodpop, I’m gagging 

littlepotter
6 minutes ago, Pop Music said:

we have to stan the saint @littlepotter :hug: 

saints sweeties I'm so sorry :bradley: 

:runhug:

chaeri pls

TINDER

Add six feet under to it too! I mean she basically confirmed the lyrics at Zane lowe

I am tinder

JazzGa

3-There will be a song about gaga's antipsychotic meds.

Confirmed lyrics: "My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911"

I think this is the same song from the Zane Lowe interview that went like

"Every single day I dig a grave/Sit inside wondering if I'll behave... You're the worst thing and the best thing that's happened to me"

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

littlepotter
4 minutes ago, SherlockPart2 said:

Add six feet under to it too! I mean she basically confirmed the lyrics at Zane lowe

Oh I forgot about that! I'd rather keep this thread just for the Paper magazine info

chaeri pls

• Admin changed the title to All the confirmed new Chromatica lyrics, songs, soundscapes

Archived