🎄 December Fan Mail 🎄

Sign in to follow this  
society

COVID-19 Updates & Discussion

TOSK

Expert report predicts up to two more years of pandemic misery

(CNN)The new coronavirus is likely to keep spreading for at least another 18 months to two years—until 60% to 70% of the population has been infected, a team of longstanding pandemic experts predicted in a report released Thursday.

They recommended that the US prepare for a worst-case scenario that includes a second big wave of coronavirus infections in the fall and winter. Even in a best-case scenario, people will continue to die from the virus, they predicted.

"This thing's not going to stop until it infects 60 to 70 percent of people," Mike Osterholm, who directs the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota, told CNN.

"The idea that this is going to be done soon defies microbiology."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/health/report-covid-two-more-years/index.html

FfFfFfFF

More than anything, this shows how variable and even subjective rankings are.

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • LMAO 1

Gaby15

Travel restrictions will change in Hungary from Tuesday.

Previously there were unrestricted entry into the country from EU member states and Serbia.

As there is another flare-up of the epidemic in some neighboring countries, Hungary will apply a three-level classification from Tuesday. Foreigners from red countries are not allowed to enter at all, except those with a special permit. Foreigners from yellow countries are required to undergo two weeks of quarantine or two negative corona tests.

These restrictions do not apply to transit traffic or to those who have been confirmed to be infected and recovered.

Red countries: Ukraine, Belarus, most of Balkan countries, Asia and Africa

Yellow countries: Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Portugal, Great Britain, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Japan, China, USA.

The number of cases in Hungary is still low (5 new cases were reported today).

FfFfFfFF

A visual representation on how the cases multiplied in the US

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Shook 1

Kattys

Bumping this thread because COVID-19 is speeding up in my country, and my anxiety about it is unbereable :fatcat: I fear that something can happen to my grandmas or dad for MONTHS... Anyone here?