society

COVID-19 Updates & Discussion

LadariousGarage

Featured Posts

Expert report predicts up to two more years of pandemic misery

(CNN)The new coronavirus is likely to keep spreading for at least another 18 months to two years—until 60% to 70% of the population has been infected, a team of longstanding pandemic experts predicted in a report released Thursday.

They recommended that the US prepare for a worst-case scenario that includes a second big wave of coronavirus infections in the fall and winter. Even in a best-case scenario, people will continue to die from the virus, they predicted.

"This thing's not going to stop until it infects 60 to 70 percent of people," Mike Osterholm, who directs the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota, told CNN.

"The idea that this is going to be done soon defies microbiology."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/health/report-covid-two-more-years/index.html

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TOSK

• Miaou

• LadariousGarage

• KanyeWest

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stay updated here: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html I have seen alot of threads about Coronavirus lately on Gagadaily, so I decided I dunno, maybe we should have a thread which has updat

Some advice from a Chinese liddo: 1. Take this seriously enough, but don’t panic. Sometimes what we suspect might be COVID 19 symptoms such as headaches and chest pains are just results of our ex

So I found out today people in my family have COVID-19; and 1 has passed this morning... I’m so heartbroken. I can’t physically be there for them.

FfFfFfFF

More than anything, this shows how variable and even subjective rankings are.

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • LMAO 2
Gaby15

Travel restrictions will change in Hungary from Tuesday.

Previously there were unrestricted entry into the country from EU member states and Serbia.

As there is another flare-up of the epidemic in some neighboring countries, Hungary will apply a three-level classification from Tuesday. Foreigners from red countries are not allowed to enter at all, except those with a special permit. Foreigners from yellow countries are required to undergo two weeks of quarantine or two negative corona tests.

These restrictions do not apply to transit traffic or to those who have been confirmed to be infected and recovered.

Red countries: Ukraine, Belarus, most of Balkan countries, Asia and Africa

Yellow countries: Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Portugal, Great Britain, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Japan, China, USA.

The number of cases in Hungary is still low (5 new cases were reported today).

FfFfFfFF

A visual representation on how the cases multiplied in the US

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Shook 1
  • 2 months later...
Kattys

Bumping this thread because COVID-19 is speeding up in my country, and my anxiety about it is unbereable :fatcat: I fear that something can happen to my grandmas or dad for MONTHS... Anyone here?

• 4 months later...
OBEY

@Economy Not me being like wow vaccination is being slow... and then seeing quebec has like 16% of its population at at least one dose of the covid vaccine and being the best province out of BC-ON-MAN-SAS-PEI-NB :emma:

I'll take the victories where I can LMAO 

• LMAO 1
Economy
2 hours ago, OBEY said:

@Economy Not me being like wow vaccination is being slow... and then seeing quebec has like 16% of its population at at least one dose of the covid vaccine and being the best province out of BC-ON-MAN-SAS-PEI-NB :emma:

I'll take the victories where I can LMAO 

Tbh

Less than 80% of delivered vaccines have been administered in Canada. Trying to figure out the slow administration of it

OBEY
13 hours ago, Economy said:

Tbh

Less than 80% of delivered vaccines have been administered in Canada. Trying to figure out the slow administration of it

Here they don't have enough employees to vaccinate people :( 

• Sad 1
Economy
34 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Here they don't have enough employees to vaccinate people :( 

They had a WHOLE YEAR to plan out the logistics of this roll out its not like the pandemic came and they were offered the vaccine a month later

Jezz why is the government always so disorganized with everything???? We knew long before they were coming.

- Rented spaces

- Equipment

- Hired proffessionals

- Training new ppl for vaccine administering under a program if needed since theres medical shortage

Like thats all stuff u can sort out with a little bit of time and a year should of been enough to plan that :saladga: