MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

COVID-19 Updates & Discussion

LadariousGarage

Featured Posts

São Paulo (Brazil's most populated and "most important" state) also is on lockdown and Bolsonaro called their governor a moron for doing that :fail: Why is this man still our president baffles me

• Sad 1
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TOSK

• Miaou

• LadariousGarage

• AnnaNicoleSmith

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stay updated here: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html I have seen alot of threads about Coronavirus lately on Gagadaily, so I decided I dunno, maybe we should have a thread which has updat

Some advice from a Chinese liddo: 1. Take this seriously enough, but don’t panic. Sometimes what we suspect might be COVID 19 symptoms such as headaches and chest pains are just results of our ex

So I found out today people in my family have COVID-19; and 1 has passed this morning... I’m so heartbroken. I can’t physically be there for them.

Mister G
1 minute ago, Red said:

São Paulo (Brazil's most populated and "most important" state) also is on lockdown and Bolsonaro called their governor a moron for doing that :fail: Why is this man still our president baffles me

He probably thinks the virus is a joke just like Trump did weeks ago.

BadGurlMadge

Sweden’s might gonna add all high schools to the list with online classes but the government is refusing with closing all schools with kids of the age 6-12. That’s because our health organizations says it’s unnecessary

Gymnasiums and Universities are closed though

Edited by BadGurlMadge
3 minutes ago, Mister G said:

He probably thinks the virus is a joke just like Trump did weeks ago.

Word on the street is that Bolsonaro lied about testing negative, like...... he might even have the disease and is still saying bullshit, like wtf

Mister G
8 minutes ago, Red said:

Word on the street is that Bolsonaro lied about testing negative, like...... he might even have the disease and is still saying bullshit, like wtf

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are several politicians who have it and lied about their status. Trump and Bolsonaro disgust me.

BadGurlMadge
5 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Spain :

1720 deaths (+394 in 24h)

28 572 cases (+3646 in 24h)

:rip:

So I have several Spanish friends and I heard it’s terrible there and I’m so worried:ohno:

MelbHawker

I live in the state of Victoria in Australia - I'm in Melbourne. 

Our state leader just announced that the state is going to go into shut down to stop the spread of this virus. All non essential businesses will close and all schools will finish tomorrow. This has never happened in my state before, and people are panicking because businesses are being closed and not much financial relief is on offer - it's a real mess. There are millions that are jobless tonight, and are wondering how they will pay their rent and afford food to eat. They have not put a freeze on mortgage and rent payments, as well as bills (and the cost of living here is ridiculously high). These are terrible times.. so upsetting. I'll probably wake up tomorrow morning jobless.

MelbHawker
On 3/19/2020 at 9:15 AM, Miaou said:

This is HORRIBLE 

I've seen this multiple times on the net recently.. I'm certain it was confirmed that this was not Coronavirus, it was actually from a smoking-related illness.

MelbHawker
On 3/18/2020 at 11:47 AM, Saymyname432 said:

Such a racist post.

It's not racist, sorry. 

The World Health Organisation has been aware of wet markets in China for the last 2 decades and has previously stated that the outbreak of a deadly virus was inevitable / a ticking time bomb given their markets house live animals (there's literally cages full of live animals who can barely move in these markets) which they actually eat as delicacies. The animals (live bats, frogs etc.) they eat have been PROVEN to carry viruses such as this one. 

I don't blame or hate Chinese people at all. What's clear though, is there's obviously a colossal lack of education and common sense among those who continue to eat these animals and abuse them in these markets. I blame the Chinese Government for not taking the threat seriously and allowing it's people to continue putting themselves and everyone on earth at risk. I don't care if it's apart of their culture - cultures can change for the better as we've seen in many countries throughout history. Massive amounts of people are dying and people lives are being turned upside down and destroyed - the reason why is exactly what I described above. I could lose my grandparents to this virus. Shouldn't be happening. It's not racist at all. These wet markets are the source of the virus - they should be banned by China. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Cuomo has done a great job leading his state during the outbreak, an example for the country imo.

Wish we had someone like that in the White House

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Mister G
16 minutes ago, TOSK said:

Wish we had someone like that in the White House

Governors took initiative at the state level before that orange mess started addressing this more seriously. Convinced he’s only trying to be aggressive about this so he can look like some hero to his base and so he can go golfing again. 

Edited by Mister G
  • Like 1
Mister G
1 hour ago, MelbHawker said:

I've seen this multiple times on the net recently.. I'm certain it was confirmed that this was not Coronavirus, it was actually from a smoking-related illness.

Omg are you serious?? So she’s claiming it’s COVID when it actually isn’t?