IFPI: Shallow 8th bestselling song of 2019 WW

Supersonic

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GaGaAst
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well ur country doesn't necessarily reflect the global market. In many Countries Shallow did have a lot of sales, longevity not to mention media impact and covers etc

Doesn't mean it was bigger than Poker Face or Bad Romance tho

I'm just asking since it's #8

But I just realize this is probably last year's Global chart not all time :air:

Yes it did really well WW but not in level of BR or PF. But just my view. I just saw a tweet that says it sold 10.2M units in 2019. As per Wikipedia, PF has sold 14M and BR has sold 12M.

Again, I am just answering your question- Is it a bigger  global hit than BR and PF.

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Runway
Just now, GaGaAst said:

. I just saw a tweet that says it sold 10.2M units in 2019.

A “tweet” is not a source, we will only know how much it sold when IFPI reveals its full report next month. Even if it was true, Shallow would’ve sold 10M in a year, while BR sold 12M in 12 years :billie: 

GaGaAst
1 minute ago, Runway said:

A “tweet” is not a source, we will only know how much it sold when IFPI reveals its full report next month. Even if it was true, Shallow would’ve sold 10M in a year, while BR sold 12M in 12 years :billie: 

It is not tweeted by a random user in twitter. I guess singles sales in streaming era will be much higher than digital sales 10 years back irrespective of how big the songs were. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_singles

FFXIV WhiteMage
2 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

It is not tweeted by a random user in twitter. I guess singles sales in streaming era will be much higher than digital sales 10 years back irrespective of how big the songs were. 

2010:messga:

the legendary c&@k block of TikTok on BR!

She could’ve have 2 number 1 IFPI songs:saladga:

GaGaAst
3 minutes ago, PoCHEMist said:

2010:messga:

the legendary c&@k block of TikTok on BR!

She could’ve have 2 number 1 IFPI songs:saladga:

I still don't understand till date why Tik Tok was so huge especially compared to BR.Yes TT was catchy and fun song but BR was iconic and changed industry   

Economy
16 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

Yes it did really well WW but not in level of BR or PF. But just my view. I just saw a tweet that says it sold 10.2M units in 2019. As per Wikipedia, PF has sold 14M and BR has sold 12M.

Again, I am just answering your question- Is it a bigger  global hit than BR and PF.

Are those sales SPS like counting streams?

Economy
Just now, GaGaAst said:

I still don't understand till date why Tik Tok was so huge especially compared to BR.Yes TT was catchy and fun song but BR was iconic and changed industry   

I wouldn't go that far. I didn't hear any music sound like BR after that I don't think it changed industry

U could argue Gaga increased the bar for music videos but it wasn't Bad Romance alone that did that

33 minutes ago, Runway said:

Gaga IFPI entries:

2009: #1 Poker Face & #4 Just Dance

2010: #2 Bad Romance & #4 Telephone

2011: #6 Born This Way

2019: #8 Shallow 

Expected higher for a song that is soon to be her most successful hit single and one that spent 150 days at #1 on the worldwide iTunes chart and had over 2 billion streams. But an achievement nonetheless 

GaGaAst
22 minutes ago, Economy said:

Are those sales SPS like counting streams?

Edit sorry it says its Digital single sales, which includes streaming. PF has sold 14M digital sales and IFPI list for 2009 says it sold 9.8M units.

These are units from December 2018 to December 2019 or something like that right? What would its total be then? less than 15M?

GaGaAst
8 minutes ago, PoCHEMist said:

IFPI numbers  are SPS

Anyway it says digital sales do must be including streaming. So does this mean Shape of You is the 2nd best selling song of all time? Its digital sales is 41M (Highest in Digital sales) and only one song has sold more than that Whitechristmas  50M by Bingcrosby releasedin 1942 and also there will be no digital sales back then 

FFXIV WhiteMage
11 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

Anyway it says digital sales do must be including streaming. So does this mean Shape of You is the 2nd best selling song of all time? Its digital sales is 41M (Highest in Digital sales) and only one song has sold more than that Whitechristmas  50M by Bingcrosby releasedin 1942 and also there will be no digital sales back then 

It's quite complicated actually but you can put it in that way. (I hate SOY:selena:)

But it's unfair nowadays because of streaming .  

Archived