Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

Pop Art

Tbh if Judas had been released as originally intended it would probably have debuted at #1/2 on the Hot 100 which would have forced radio to back it and the era would have been a lot less messy

Exactly. It was already a little risky releasing a single about Judas Iscariot to begin with, but the fact that it was released on a Friday and three days before a major Christian holiday, Easter, really killed any chances it had. It's still a great song, but it just kills me that it didn't chart as well as it would have had it had a proper release date.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney had a poll on Facebook anyone could vote for. I voted for it because I knew it would flop

Well. :crossed:

Anyways, Gaga would probably make a public poll also. :shrug:

Americano

Britney had a poll on Facebook anyone could vote for. I voted for it because I knew it would flop

:wtf:

jhonyguy04

^ that was when I turned anti-Britney. But now I'm pro-Britney

lol that was so 2011 to be anti-Britney. now 2012 is anti-Madonna.

Christina has had beef with Britney, Beyonce, Mariah, P!nk, Gaga, and Kelly Osbourne. She's always been a b---h and acted head-and-shoulders above everyone else. Her Blender '03 interview was legendary in the stan community when she called Britney and Beyonce fake, superficial artists (as well as everyone who performed at the VMAs that year except Madonna and Mary J. Blige). I never could find myself to appreciate her simply because I know what kind of person she is.

I wonder if she's a b---h just bc or if her upbringing has anything to do with it....... :usrs: :usrs: :usrs: Either way I think she's an amazing artist etc. & think it's way too early to blow off Your Body. Songs rebound all the time, I mean look at Stronger. she still has time.

hausofmike

lol that was so 2011 to be anti-Britney. now 2012 is anti-Madonna.

2011 was a bloody Stan war battle.

aaronyoji

Same. The label should let Gaga or her fans choose the singles more often, because their choices aren't always the best.

but the fans dont always know what they want, so hardly anyone will be pleased because theres so many different opinions. plus, a lot of fans don't really know what goes into choosing a single worthy song, everyone will just suggest their fave. maybe if gaga had a list of two or three that SHE likes, (cuz remembr, she is the artist, not a chart-obsessed puppet of her fans) then had fans choose one of the three, then it could be more effective.

jhonyguy04

Again. The 4th single usually flops for all artists after their debut. Just let us choose the last single and we are all happy!

KE$HA – Die Young: 45.951 (+ 2.428)

RIHANNA – Diamonds: 44.706 (+ 5.209)

Seems like they traded spots from last week. :shrug:

Judas wouldn't have performed well regardless of when it was released. Sonically it's too blaring and in your face for most listeners. Not to mention that everyone in my entire town were losing their sh*t because of the lyric "I'm in love with Judas".

With a Monday release it could have been a minor hit, but too many people were offended by it/didn't like it for it to have repeated the success of Born This Way or any of her singles up to that point.

I feel like they're gonna give her a Friday release...

Ever since Billboard started the new rules, it seems like the industry as a whole has given up on #1 debuts so they're just shooting for radio deals instead now.

I'm not saying this is likely, but Lady Gaga has the day of the Super Bowl off in the US.

The Super Bowl would be the best possible promo for a new single. It along with the Grammys would make that song massive.

:giveup:

Archived