Sign in to follow this  
other

July 30 (2021) - London, UK

spicemuncher

Keywords in the statement, “No earlier than June 21st” meaning it could be later, and also “the government hopes”, hoping is cute but don’t kid yourselves.

There is no way things will resume that fast. Between mutations showing up left and right, vaccine efficacy being varied by supplier and even being not effective on some mutations, production delays and past experience, I don’t see it happening.

I am not even optimistic stadium shows will happen next year, let alone this year.

scottishmonster
1 minute ago, numb the flame said:

I am very weary of anything he says at this point because for the last year he did the bare minimum far too late. We don't even know if the vaccine will be a one time work forever type of thing or more like the flu jab where it's a every year type of thing. Scotland and Wales are doing the right thing with waiting before setting out a plan and giving everyone false hope with these dates etc because at this point England is our guinea pigs to try and see what will go right and what will go wrong. 

I understand this but Im trying to see the positives too much doom & gloom recently, Im clinging to the first positive news since the start of this whole pandemic

• Love 1

numb the flame
2 minutes ago, scottishmonster said:

the key difference this time around is the vaccine though which has already went alot better than expected. The concerts in England so ill be travelling if it goes ahead, with sturgeons permission or not, this is one of the biggest problems where theres different rules throughout the UK :ladyhaha: 

Considering we're meant to be a "United Kingdom" there's one rule for England, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland. This is going to be yet another mess regardless of the vaccine or not. The tour won't be taking place in North America nor Paris this summer so she definitely wont be doing one gig for London. 

all on my own i'm a toxic innovator with my trigger fingers rests on the incinerator

numb the flame
4 minutes ago, scottishmonster said:

I understand this but Im trying to see the positives too much doom & gloom recently, Im clinging to the first positive news since the start of this whole pandemic

It's better to expect nothing than expect everything and be disappointed. I understand you want to see some happiness from the last year but it's too soon to start thinking of anything like concerts happening again.

all on my own i'm a toxic innovator with my trigger fingers rests on the incinerator
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
Just now, scottishmonster said:

the key difference this time around is the vaccine though which has already went alot better than expected. The concerts in England so ill be travelling if it goes ahead, with sturgeons permission or not, this is one of the biggest problems where theres different rules throughout the UK :ladyhaha: 

Okay but just bear in mind that a single dose of the vaccine doesn't mean you're completely immune to Covid-19. We don’t even know how long the vaccine protects you against COVID-19, and also there are many strains now circulating in England which has shown signs of evading the immune system. Its not a golden ticket out of this until we completely eliminate Covid-19 from circulating in the UK. 

Its not really a problem, Boris has set out England's plan for coming out of lockdown. Not the entirety of the UK. Nicola is the one who will set out Scotland's plan tomorrow. The UK as a whole works together and has similar routes out, but the main person we should be listening to is Nicola and not Boris. 

We should be hopeful, but at the same time realistic about things. The Chromatica Ball in London will most likely not go ahead, and I don’t see live concerts happening before 2022

End Racism Now
  • Like 1

scottishmonster
3 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

Considering we're meant to be a "United Kingdom" there's one rule for England, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland. This is going to be yet another mess regardless of the vaccine or not. The tour won't be taking place in North America nor Paris this summer so she definitely wont be doing one gig for London. 

The rules for each seperate country is the biggest flaw in the entire outcome of the terrible way this pandemic has been handled.

I forget about other dates & just clung to the hopeful news. Id rather they just cancelled the tour or reschedule already to save everyones hope of this going ahead.

numb the flame

Step 3 no earlier than 17 May states:

Performances and sporting events resume - larger performances with venues 1,000+ or half full will be allowed indoors and outdoors 4,000 capacity or half full (whichever lowest)

In very largest outdoor seated venues such as football stadiums up to 10,000 people allowed to attend (or 1/4 full whichever is lowest)

scottishmonster
4 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Okay but just bear in mind that a single dose of the vaccine doesn't mean you're completely immune to Covid-19. We don’t even know how long the vaccine protects you against COVID-19, and also there are many strains now circulating in England which has shown signs of evading the immune system. Its not a golden ticket out of this until we completely eliminate Covid-19 from circulating in the UK. 

Its not really a problem, Boris has set out England's plan for coming out of lockdown. Not the entirety of the UK. Nicola is the one who will set out Scotland's plan tomorrow. The UK as a whole works together and has similar routes out, but the main person we should be listening to is Nicola and not Boris. 

We should be hopeful, but at the same time realistic about things. The Chromatica Ball in London will most likely not go ahead, and I don’t see live concerts happening before 2022

Totally understand but this morning I read an article that the vaccine has redudced the risk of dying by 75% . I dont think it will ever go away fully unfortunately and become as common as the flu with minor symptoms. 

Its a massive problem, If the restrictions are lighter in England majority of people will visit England & vice versa which was proven last year.

• Like 1

numb the flame

this is the newest update from the BBC regarding events:

"Up to 10,000 sports fans could be back in stadia by mid-May as part of the government's plans to move England out of lockdown.

It would come as part of step three of the four-stage plan laid out by PM Boris Johnson -by 17 May at the earliest.

The government's plan outlines how up to 10,000 people or a quarter of the stadium's capacity - whichever is the lowest - would be allowed. 

It would mean, for example, any Premier League ground with a capacity of 40,000 or more could welcome 10,000 fans, while a smaller crowd, up to a quarter of the normal capacity, would be allowed in smaller venues.

"The turnstiles of our sports stadia will once again rotate," says Johnson.

Under step four of the roadmap, the government says it hopes to lift restrictions on large events from 21 June,

Wembley is due to hold several matches in the delayed Euro 2020 championship in June and July, while there is also a summer of international cricket planned."

Edited by numb the flame

LateToCult

Vivi communicated with a real sports insider from the UK that knew about Ga going to Tottenham stadium instead of O2 or Wembley. Someone contact her via ouija board and tell her to get in touch with him again.  :poot:

Edited by LateToCult
  • LMAO 1

Ack1234

So if Boris said we could lift all restrictions by June including stadiums 

may up to 10000 in stadiums 

june all restrictions lifted 

so I think gaga should do London (only because maybe others haven’t lifted there’s)

and live stream the concert for the others !

Sine From Above

Hmmmm, I still don't think that the tour will happen this year. It would be irresponsible to have that many people crowded together this soon after things have started to open up. I will be VERY shocked if the date still goes ahead.

Flying like a 1000 Doves

numb the flame
Just now, Ack1234 said:

So if Boris said we could lift all restrictions by June including stadiums 

may up to 10000 in stadiums 

june all restrictions lifted 

so I think gaga should do London (only because maybe others haven’t lifted there’s)

and live stream the concert for the others !

It's not going to be able to happen, she'll have to refund over 50,000 other ticket holders considering there's 62,303 seats at Hotspur with a few thousand blocked off because of the stage + the floor. 

Ack1234
6 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

It's not going to be able to happen, she'll have to refund over 50,000 other ticket holders considering there's 62,303 seats at Hotspur with a few thousand blocked off because of the stage + the floor. 

If restrictions are lifted she won’t need to refund any tickets 

Steccazero
3 minutes ago, Ack1234 said:

If restrictions are lifted she won’t need to refund any tickets 

If max 10000 people are allowed and they sold 62000 tickets, yes, they will need to refund people. And how would they choose who to refund? Yep the tour is not going to happen like this.

pls get into this ***uettery