đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 will get lots of acclaim

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

I know many won't believe it or will seriously doubt it but to me it's obvious LG6 will get lots of acclaim for a couple of reasons:

We are at a point when pop albums are significantly more welcomed by critics. Pop has became a genre that does get critical acclaim and well known pop stars are no longer judged or discredited to the extended they were in previous years. Ariana's thank u next, Halsey's Manic, Billie's When We All Fall Asleep - all pop albums released by pop stars with pop hits got 80+ meta-scores while recent releases by Selena, Kesha, Harry Styles, Camila Cabello all have gotten positive scores of 70+.

Secondly, critics don't judge exclusively or at all based on actual quality but on presentation, how authentic/ true to certain's artist story or style or how accomplisehed the body of work feels. I know some people might think ballads or soft rock is the genre that does critically better  than dance-pop by default but this couldn't be more far from the truth. 

Stupid Love feels so fresh, authentic and true to Gaga's style, and if the following songs and the whole album will have this mixture of easy listening, catchy and quirky, critics will pick it too and love it. Moreover, I think Gaga has always been in a grey zone with the critics because most of them recognize her talent and potential yet it was never quite cool to like/ praise her. After being in the industry for 11 years and being an established pop icon on all levels it's finally time for them to embrace her and give her a critical hit.

If anything, I think Stupid Love's reception so far indicates that the best. Pretty much all publications praise the song as being a Gaga classic and something needed in this music climate.

Gaga's past scores, for reference:

Screenshot_14.png

In conclusion, I think it's very likely that the album will be Gaga's first album to get a score higher than 80, most likely even in the 80-90 range and that it will become Gaga's most criticaly aclaimed album. I will in fact be more surprised if it won't. :ohwell:

S0436

The critics are rubbish, 71 for The Fame?  It’s still on the top electronic Billboard chart 12 years on!  And most fans argue BTW is her best album. 

Guest Adarsh

Metacritic has always been biased towards her. In what world do TUN and Billie's album have a higher score than TFM? I call bullshit. 

GreenDiamond

dont trust them, she got a lot of hater critics who just ruin her scores

Galagala

Movie reviews and critics are worth existing.

Music reviews? Most of them are biased lol

We got our own different tastes.:pawsup:

not Chromatica

I think it'll get mostly positive reviews which is fine, I guess.

Delusional

We are celebrating acclaim and pure bops this era ladies 

EP0HyJAW4AEYXqP?format=jpg&name=small

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

gypsy101
34 minutes ago, S0436 said:

The critics are rubbish, 71 for The Fame?  It’s still on the top electronic Billboard chart 12 years on!  And most fans argue BTW is her best album. 

except the fame monster is the best one

19 minutes ago, Galagala said:

Movie reviews and critics are worth existing.

Music reviews? Most of them are biased lol

We got our own different tastes.:pawsup:

and we don’t have different tastes in movies???

Chromaticunt

I agree, especially about how critics judge music based on how authentic it is to the artist and how accomplished it is as a body of work. I think the main difference between this era and all her other eras is that I get the feeling we are finally seeing Gaga's true authentic self. She has admitted previously that she cloaked herself in artifice and a "superhero cape" to make herself look bigger than she actually is. Even Joanne felt artificial to an extent because it was such an obvious attempt at "stripping back", and yet she still hid behind pink hats and a random country aesthetic.

Whereas now she acknowledges explicitly that she's dressing up to entertain, not because she's dying for her art but because she just wants to make people happy. She acknowledges that that's her purpose as a popstar, and it sounds like Chromatica will reflect that. So I think there's a big chance critics will warm to this new 2020 Gaga, because she finally feels truly authentic and that seems to be what they rate highly.

Also the fact Stupid Love has got critical acclaim is a great sign. :vegas:

BleepBloop

Well it absolutely won't be hard for Chromatica to at least become her best rated album LOL...

All T aside, I think it's gonna be an album that will get deservingly high scores

Widows Kiss

None of the albums you mentioned are considered electronic pop music unlike LG6. :huh: Don't set yourself up.

Killa

You know what music reviewers are largely ignorant low grade journalists. They cant really write nor they do really understand music, so they rather write down to earth blog styled monologues or pretentious ones. Its like that for 90%. Then theres the problem with being affiliated with genres, the this is cool, this isnt.. 

But.. Somehow shes entered in the club for a big part of it. So even if its not as great itll be well recieved. Which in my opinion leaves a bad taste in my mouth but good for gaga. 

And lets not even with those that actually try at analysing and just roll it with theyre already preconcieved idea. 

But hennies, as someone who did musicology and has friends that write critics. Its same for all, the critic 99% of cases incurs in the error of personal taste. Its concept of whats good. And kiss assing. Bunch of crap

LUCARTPOP

Off-topic but like who honestly cares? I feel like a vast half of this fanbase just enjoys her albums based on critical acclaim, relevancy and sales which is one of the LEAST enjoyable ways of enjoying an era. It's frightening how some of you are clinging to these things. Ofcourse it's a part of the era as well, there's nothing more relieving than seeing your fave being successful, but some of y'all are just putting the bar way too high to an extent where you drag and call Gaga, other stans and other artists names that are vile & disgusting.

Thank you for attending my TED Talk. :vegas: 

BetrayedSTAN

i'm happy for the fans who liked stupid love .. but sadly it's not my cup of tea 

i hope the album will have some experimental complex songs like badromance and bloody mary  

Archived