💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

NYT: Gaga's Disco Inferno

Rifek

Featured Posts

GaGaAst

What the article says:

Lady Gaga’s major label career started with simple, ultra-catchy disco pop before moving into ambitious, artier pop, then something she called “ARTPOP” that was anything but, then — sigh — a strained play for authenticity. Her last album, “Joanne” from 2016, was supposed to mean something “real” because it was rooted in a painful family narrative and its sound had, well, roots (read: acoustic guitars). “Joanne” was not good, but it was a bridge to something exponentially better: “Shallow” from “A Star Is Born,” an instant classic with that note that made us believe in Gaga as an entity once again. “Stupid Love,” the first single from her forthcoming sixth LP, is a total reset button, a trip all the way back to the gleeful, glitchy disco of “The Fame” almost as if “The Fame Monster,” “Born This Way,” “ARTPOP” and “Joanne” hadn’t happened. (The new track, however, does recall the single “Born This Way” flash fried.) That is not a bad thing: These are Gaga’s roots, and it’s thrilling to hear her return to them so zealously, digging back into the kind of dance-floor anthems that have set her — and her fans — free. 

Meanwhile, stupid love

tenor.gif?itemid=16441044

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Well NYT didn't like Joanne, we've been knowing it for years now :laughga:

But the praise for this new era is all the matters :whitney:

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Daylight Jokers
36 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

“Joanne” was not good

:triggered: Why is it that she always get backhanded compliments all the time?

BetrayedSTAN

They're not wrong tbh 

Let's face it ARTPOP aged like milk .. Personally I can't listen to the album without skipping so many songs.. 

Joanne is a good album but it's narrative is really bad and inauthentic.. 

Anveeroy
7 minutes ago, WhiteHotForever said:

Disco Inferno :woohoo:
I hope there‘s some Boys Noize on LG6 :party:

Honey, this 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

misunderstood
1 minute ago, BetrayedSTAN said:

They're not wrong tbh 

Let's face it ARTPOP aged like milk .. Personally I can't listen to the album without skipping so many songs.. 

Joanne is a good album but it's narrative is really bad and inauthentic.. 

People who act like their opinions are fact :ladyhaha:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Neight Shayde

“Stupid Love,” the first single from her forthcoming sixth LP, is a total reset button, a trip all the way back to the gleeful, glitchy disco of “The Fame” almost as if “The Fame Monster,” “Born This Way,” “ARTPOP” and “Joanne” hadn’t happened.

a reset button.

a reset.

a cultural reset.

Archived