Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Taylor’s “The Man” a decent move for feminism?

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

I feel like people would have a see through insight to what sexism is in ALL INDUSTRIES. If this song goes EVERYWHERE. I mean sexism is being talked about everywhere. It’s a discussion. But a catchy anti double standards song that’s going to be played everywhere, is a big slap in the face to all the misogynists. Cause a song is a straight out cut in the skin unlike an entire conversation that bores people out. Yall hear me?

IcePrincess

This music video is one big exaggerated stereotype and I don't think it's a feminist music video. At least not for me.

It's about as subtle as a sledgehammer and stereotypes men as all alpha douches, so....no it's not feminist at all. Feminism is equality of the sexes, and this ain't it. Feminism is saying woman and men are equally good and bad, are equally smart, are equally capable. This video just says "men r bad."

But I wouldn't expect anything more from the woman who didn't make a political statement for a decade as to not piss off her republican fans lmao. 

SpamMusubi

I like the song and I thought she did a great job directing the video:flower:. That being said, I dislike the kind of mindset that revolves around fighting fire with fire. I don't think anything that's true can be achieved through negativity, and that's why I really dislike the kind of feminists who hate and put men down, not saying that Tay is like that, but many are and it's actually pretty toxic. Anyways, I guess I'm just saying that I hope the feminist movement starts to swing in a more positive direction soon. Men don't have to put women down and women don't have to put men down. We can coexist :gayhat::heart:

Sushi is my one true passion

GaGaAst

The song has potential but she ruined the entire concept by a generic music video concept. Yep stunning visuals, easter eggs and final ending was dope. But she could have really used this as a movement. Like how women struggle a lot in work place and men easily climb the corporate ladder, how people easily dismiss women, etc.

Her lyrics video was a good start and I expected a lot

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Ummm... it's definitely a cool looking video. It kind of creeped me out though :laughga:

Listen, I have literally NO experience of what it's like in the job industry, I go from home, to school, back to home usually, I'm 16.

But from what I see all the men working there at my school are SUPER respectful to woman hate inequality as much as the next user on here. So from what I experienced, it's pretty exaggerated, but from what others have experienced, probably not, it all depends :vegas:

But when it comes to the actual HIGH SCHOOLER boys, I worry about a few of them :selena: They usually just chill, take drugs in the bathroom and vape in class, so I worry, but that's none of my business so I don't worry too much.

Girls too, a week ago my best friend, a girl, was using the bathroom, and some other girl in the bathroom was being SUPER creepy kept peeking through the little crack in the door asking to see her "stuff" and even weNT UNDER THE STALL DOOR JUST TO SEE HER :bradley:

So yeah, all in all, people from what I experienced are always bad on whatever side their on. 

This music video probably will teach men not to do certain things that will help a lot for gender equality, but from my personal experience, it's a lot :laughga:

So I'll just leave my opinion as "In the middle" for now :heart:

IllusionLover

Off-Topic but at the end  it says "No men were harmed during the making of this video" That wasn't there before.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

chromadica

I think the video was good, but still a little too safe and performative. Miley's Mother's Daughter MV was a better effort imo

Esteban
5 hours ago, mauvais said:

Liberal feminism in this economy? :billie: 

Taylor and a lot of other women have internalized the patriarchy and unfortunately they reproduce the worst aspects of male-dominated societies. I certainly know I do sometimes. But, women's liberation will never come through us emulating men or us upholding their cultural institutions. A girl boss is a boss. 

I would've preferred the video focussed on the subjugation of the yacht girls, sushi models, and sugar babies or if Taylor wanted her lil' fantasy, it should've been the same video but she's a woman for the lolz.

THIS! I was about to post something similar

Archived