Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stupid Love Looks Cheap?

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Can you all stop with “SL looks cheap”. I think it is obvious that the video is meant to look cheap and cheesy. That was Gaga’s intention. The fact that is looks cheap is actually a positive thing because it was meant to look retro and futuristic at the same time. The video matches the cover and banners Gaga has released. The video is not cheap because Gaga can’t make a good video. This is more of an artistic choice. I think it actually looks impressive considering it was shot on an iPhone. And the fact that she shot it on an iPhone is no coincidence either. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Hmm. I'm on the fence about this. Like, sure, of course it's her intention for it to look a little off and cheesy and campy. But you can do that effect successfully and professionally and you can do it unconvincingly too :emma: I feel like that distinction is lost on many fans here.

Like, yeah, I'm sure everyone gets that this is supposed to be a love letter to retro-camp. But that doesn't mean she did it well. Know what I mean? I don't even understand why I have to explain this.

Like, remember when we all hated on this video for good reason? (it's very similar to what Gaga tried to do)

If we believe most LMs here today we'd have to convince ourselves this video was a genius piece of retro camp. But it's not. It's awkward and not very well executed. Just like SL is awkward and not very well executed :billie:

I feel like LMs are applying a double standard again. If another pop star released the exact same video I feel like a lot more people would be saying what I'm saying: that, yes, whoever made it tried to be retro-camp but that we didn't get a good end result.

fede ARTPOP

I dont think they wanted to look cheap, but its cheap, the chorus is cheap, the video is cheap, iPhone 11 is cheap.  :billie:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

clickbaited :what:

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

Pennywise
Just now, fede ARTPOP said:

I dont think they wanted to look cheap, but its cheap, the chorus is cheap, the video is cheap, iPhone 11 is cheap.  :billie:

gurl that phone is 2x my salary in my country and I earn kinda well :messga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

ObezyankaNol
2 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I was ready to drag you :ally:

Same :messga:

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

fede ARTPOP
2 minutes ago, littlefreakster said:

gurl that phone is 2x my salary in my country and I earn kinda well :messga:

I mean, compared to a professional camera is cheap. :fan:

iPhone 11 is beautiful tho. :legend:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

TWICE on hatius
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Hmm. I'm on the fence about this. Like, sure, of course it's her intention for it to look a little off and cheesy and campy. But you can do that effect successfully and professionally and you can do it unconvincingly too :emma: I feel like that distinction is lost on many fans here.

Like, yeah, I'm sure everyone gets that this is supposed to be a love letter to retro-camp. But that doesn't mean she did it well. Know what I mean? I don't even understand why I have to explain this.

I get what you mean but Gaga has always been rough and unpolished since the fame (with the exception of BR). Everything she does is campy except during BTW era everything was much darker so people love the aesthetics. At the same it makes her look pretentious af to GP eyes. While this time she clearly she has choosen inspiration from Japan pop culture, have you ever seen a Jpop MV. They look extremely colorful and saturated. And those factors derives the fun out of the theme. It was never meant to be polished, if it’s polished it ain’t fun. If anything, I want to Gaga making everything even cornier to fit the theme more. Like more leaves on people head please and more weird neon rocks. That’s maybe far too overwhelming for certain people but it’s fun.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Why is it not “done well”.

• Admin changed the title to Stupid Love Looks Cheap?

Archived