Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

IMPORTANT! Don't Refresh SL Too Much! It Ruins Video Retention Stats!

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Guys YouTube Will count any replays with 30 seconds or more as a view but I wanna remind everyone doing that too much can backfire

YouTube now has complex algorithms and when it suggests videos and stuff it takes into account retention rate (percentage of video that is actually whatched) in addition to like/dislike ratio as well of course

Avoid refreshing too often because although u may get more views in the short term you totally ruin the videos anaylitics and this will only backfire very quickly!

You may get less views in the short term if you have to whatch a bigger portion of it but in the long term it benefits the video way better to have good analytical statistics!

Videos with poor retention rates get suggested way less even if they have high views

Economy

Make sure u don't forget to press "Like" in case by any chance u happened to forget

Also comment as that counts for engagement

But definitely whatch more than half of it at the very least if u are trying to inflate it's views :vegas:

We need to keep all those threads trending for monsters to see what to do in order to promote it well

IG: @bartoszprazuch

Omg thanks for telling me! I was just doing that this morning! I'm switching to my iTunes version right when school ends and I can listen to it, it's louder anyway :firega:

I WANT YOUR STUPID LOVE!!!! :firega::firega::firega::firega:

It's PERFECT Runway music :firega:

Moonlight on Water

i usually go for the teasers and the song then repeat. i sometimes just listen to the song and when i'm done i research for Gaga and click on the video again because i love seeing the stupid love commercial on it

she/her

Economy
5 minutes ago, Xardas said:

We need to keep all those threads trending for monsters to see what to do in order to promote it well

Yeah ppl need to remember this

I have a YouTube channel with my wife that I tried hard to promote (although cuz of the hecticness of the move lately I haven't been posting new videos)

I learned a lot about getting your video out there and promoted and u can see on your dashboard YouTube tracks every detail of your view history and even gives u average retentions down to the decimal and second and even shows what percentage of viewers see it till the end of the video

And YouTube now uses this data to decide which videos people like the most and which ones get suggested more and stuff

So yeah... No constant refreshing guys cuz in no time at all it works against you when you do that

Economy
2 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Omg thanks for telling me! I was just doing that this morning! I'm switching to my iTunes version right when school ends and I can listen to it, it's louder anyway :firega:

I WANT YOUR STUPID LOVE!!!! :firega::firega::firega::firega:

It's PERFECT Runway music :firega:

No problem. So if u were doing that, stop doing it :triggered:

It's better to give it only 5 views with 2 Minute retention for example than 20 views with 30 second retention in the same amount of time

Even 2 minutes is lower than ideal tbh but u get my point

5 minutes ago, Economy said:

No problem. So if u were doing that, stop doing it :triggered:

It's better to give it only 5 views with 2 Minute retention for example than 20 views with 30 second retention in the same amount of time

Even 2 minutes is lower than ideal tbh but u get my point

Oh! I didn't do that, I literally just kept replaying the video after it ended, I don't like to just refresh the page after it gets to a certain amount of time, it ruins the vibe of the song! :excuseu: :laughga:

Economy
1 minute ago, Xardas said:

@Economy so can I refresh everytime the song ends? 

I think so. I'm not aware of anything against that :huh:

But if ur close to the end let it hit the last second

YouTube also counts "views to the end" or percentage of views with 100% retention. When u post videos it's one of the stats in the dashboard

So yeah complicated set of algorithms now lol they take a lot into account :enigma:

I also know if u totally over do it on views from same account and the system recognizes a lot of views from the same account in a 24h span it may not count them or even remove those views. YouTube has tried hard to eliminate as many fake views as possible

So I wouldn't keep replaying it constantly for hours. U risk just loosing all the views u gave it that day!

Some people say if u spam views not logged in to an account that the system can't recognize it if a tone of views keep coming from the same person. I never read anything official to confirm this so I don't know if there's any truth to this or not. If it recognizes your IP it may still pick it up logged out or not but again I'm not sure about this theory about whatching the video logged out

Archived