💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Courteney Cox wants Timothée Chalamet to play Joey on 'Friends' reboot

COOOK

Featured Posts

"Courteney Cox said she'd cast Timothée Chalamet to play Joey on a hypothetical Friends reboot.

Though we can't imagine anyone other than Matt LeBlanc delivering his iconic "How you doin'? line, we'd definitely love to see Call Me By Your Name portray his character — and so does the actress. 

On a new episode of Kevin Nealon’s YouTube series Hiking with Kevin, Cox, who played Monica Geller on the beloved sitcom, was asked who she'd pick to play Joey if Friends was recast with younger actors.

"Timothée Chalamet can be Joey," she said. "He’s so great." 

A Friends reboot with a younger cast might not ever happen, but the cast did confirm that they will reunite for a reunion special on HBO Max. Cox and her former co-stars LeBlanc, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer are all set to return to Friends’ original soundstage for an unscripted special in May 2020

"We’re going to have the best time. It’s going to be great," Cox told Nealon. "But we really haven't all done that and actually sat there and talked about and reminisced about this incredible experience that we had."

"It's gonna be fantastic," she teased.

Cox also admitted that she never expected Friends would be as successful or become the worldwide phenomenon that it is. "I definitely wanted to do it," she said. "I thought it was a really funny script. And, I mean I didn’t know it was going to be such a big show. But I thought it was funny for sure."

You can check out Courteney Cox's full interview, below:

Source | https://popcrush.com/courteney-cox-timothee-chalamet-joey-friends-reboot/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

RahrahWitch

I kinda hope they don't remake Friends, If it came out today with the same format i dunno... Personally I find sitcoms to be very dated.

BUtterfield 8
13 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

I kinda hope they don't remake Friends, If it came out today with the same format i dunno... Personally I find sitcoms to be very dated.

It would be more funny than the original 

Blown Away

aretha franklin pass GIF

I don't think Timothee would do the character justice at all. But as people already said above, they shouldn't remake it. Why ruin such an iconic show like Friends by remaking it? In fact, just stop remaking tv shows and movies altogether. They usually suck anyway (ASIB is one of the few exceptions) and get original for god's sake :interestinga:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

CautiousLurker

Timothee is kinda... too big for something like a Friends reboot tho... He's done Little Women with Greta, French Dispatch with Wes Anderson, is currently doing Dune with Denis Villeneuve - a Friends reboot would be a huge downgrade... And apparently he's doing another movie with Luca Guadagnino too, I doubt he'll be strapped for roles any time soon...

Archived