Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Stupid Love physical format + Merch

Lemondeduerl

Featured Posts

electricmisfit

No I don't think so. These are usually exclusives to the artisits webstore - See Lizzos Truth Hurts Vinyls and Billies Bad guy vinyl.

Borislshere

I remember buying the born this way single CD at hot topic when it came out. I honestly didn't know physical single releases were still a thing but i'm glad to see they are. I love the Cassette artwork and that Picture disk. 

spicemuncher

I don’t think so. The trend seems to be only official store releases for singles these days.

They’re a way to push digital sales first week in hopes of a strong debut. You download the song today, but the physical format is not produced and sent to you before 3 months from now so they only manufacture a number close to preorders and don’t have to overstock them. 

spicemuncher
Just now, Borislshere said:

I remember buying the born this way single CD at hot topic when it came out. I honestly didn't know physical single releases were still a thing but i'm glad to see they are. I love the Cassette artwork and that Picture disk. 

That was at the tail end of when they were phasing out physical CD singles. With the exception of Applause, we haven’t had widely distributed CD singles since the BTW era. :messga:

8 minutes ago, spicemuncher said:

That was at the tail end of when they were phasing out physical CD singles. With the exception of Applause, we haven’t had widely distributed CD singles since the BTW era. :messga:

But now physical singles are making a comeback:firega:

OT: Well they stopped selling CD singles between 2010-2013 here, I remember seeing all CD singles from the BTW era except MTN and the Applause one

Andreu

I want to get them in FNAC but maybe when we know for sure if they'll have it it's gonna be too late to get it from her webite :bradley: those things are very random, because I found Halsey's "webstore exclusive" 7" single for without me on a FNAC here in BCN so who knows :poot:

vmpiregrn

Physical singles being sold in chain stores are usually the "exceptions" rather than the rule. Back in the day I would often see singles for various artists at FYE and stuff, but often they were used copies that the store bought from customers. Or, I presume, they were leftovers shipped out from the manufacturer.

Independent record stores will likely get the vinyl, my local shops usually get contemporary physical singles.

Archived