💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is in a joyful and healthy mental headspace

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

hands-up.gif

We've known Gaga for almost a decade and we know she has insane work ethic, and always strove for the best and sometimes it's gone to the point where she is mentally and physically drained. We've also seen how she cared so much about the charts where she described her struggle as 'a train crashing' because she 'couldn't keep it on track'. Then even with Joanne, she seemed to have created music out of pain, especially with melancholic and heartbreaking ballads like Joanne, Million Reasons and Angel Down and she said the pain is of no use if you don't turn it into something beautiful. She described her experiences with Tony Bennett, Bradley Cooper and American Horror Story as cathartic and also called them 'real friends and human beings' amidst all the fake people in Hollywood, a reflection of how she has been constantly struggling throughout the whole decade about life.

'Stupid Love' is the first Lady Gaga song she didn't bother to produce ever since Born This Way, the credits (if accurate) are only BloodPop and Tchami. A few years back then, this is something that is unimaginable for Gaga as she takes so much pride in producing and writing her own music, refusing to relinquish control to anyone.

Gaga at Jimmy Kimmel: "I don't usually relinquish control for my own performances (but I let Bradley direct the Oscars)."

Gaga in 2020: "I know I used to be like: I write my own music and I don't need Max (Martin) but I decided to stop being an a*shole. At least meet him (laughs)." Honestly, Max Martin is the last person I imagine Gaga would collaborate in the music industry and the fact that she did, shows a sense of maturity imo. She has accepted that life isn't always about pride in yourself and how do you make a song or record about love without showing love to people in the first place?

And she used to find the most bombastic and philosophical language to describe her albums Born This Way and ARTPOP, before going serious and all 'Im searching for my roots in Joanne'. I remember she sounded so different, like her voice was deeper at the Perfect Illusion premiere interviews but she seems happier now.

c98225a5-64df-4f42-bd20-27da3090f668.jpg

'We're definitely dancing.' 'I know I sounded ridiculous when I said this but I just wanted to put out music and have a big chunk of people of the world listen to it and just feel so joyful every day.' 'We tell ourselves we have to crawl, cry and be miserable, but the love that was around me in the process of making this album is something that other people feel.' 'If one guy or one girl is working on it, they dont wanna share that with anybody, there's none of that. (Swift, Eilish are some of the sole writers for Grammy-nominated songs) Literally nobody cares who puts their fingerprint on it if we can give the dopest thing to the world.'

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be the sole writer of your song, I'm just saying she's in the headspace of not being too insistent about dominating the writing credits anymore.

herassisfamous

The way she speaks is more common than intellect now which is definitely showing that she is more relaxed and she maybe even stopped putting a well studied persona out there and being herself, really herself for the first time. Because it's obvious she's being impulsive and I love that. Like throughout the interview you can actually hear what she's feeling and that is new.

All we need is love

Cello

The Zane interview was honestly so refreshing. She seems really carefree and happy :nick:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

OMonster

To be honest, based on some of the things she said, I wouldn't say she is in a particularly happy headspace. 

She said most days of recording she felt depressed and sad, and it was BloodPop who encouraged her to record new music. 

She says the music sounds happy, which surprised her because she wasn't feeling happy. She also said she isn't trying to CRAFT something - she's just letting everything be. There was no concept in mind, when recording. 

All of this - to me - suggests that, actually, she hasn't been in the greatest headspace to make a new album. 

I do think she has felt a lot of pressure to go back to pop music, and something that would both entertain her FANS but also the GP because of ASIB success. 

I'm not being negative here, but from what I can gather from that interview, with LG6 Gaga hasn't been interested in concepts or craft - she's just been writing and singing whatever comes to her. 

It's neither good or bad, it just seems that this album might be the FIRST Gaga album without heavy consideration. 

I feel like she hasn't wanted to stress out this time, which is great for her - but reflective of how she isn't wanting to, you know, get REALLY absorbed into a project like she usually does. She's just let it be. 

subtext / fantasy

Bradley
4 minutes ago, OMonster said:

To be honest, based on some of the things she said, I wouldn't say she is in a particularly happy headspace. 

She said most days of recording she felt depressed and sad, and it was BloodPop who encouraged her to record new music. 

She says the music sounds happy, which surprised her because she wasn't feeling happy. She also said she isn't trying to CRAFT something - she's just letting everything be. There was no concept in mind, when recording. 

All of this - to me - suggests that, actually, she hasn't been in the greatest headspace to make a new album. 

I do think she has felt a lot of pressure to go back to pop music, and something that would both entertain her FANS but also the GP because of ASIB success. 

I'm not being negative here, but from what I can gather from that interview, with LG6 Gaga hasn't been interested in concepts or craft - she's just been writing and singing whatever comes to her. 

It's neither good or bad, it just seems that this album might be the FIRST Gaga album without heavy consideration. 

I feel like she hasn't wanted to stress out this time, which is great for her - but reflective of how she isn't wanting to, you know, get REALLY absorbed into a project like she usually does. She's just let it be. 

There is a difference between exuberant euphoria and joyful contentment, obviously I'm not suggesting the former but the latter. She's 34 and has come to a stage of her life of accepting that it's okay not to work to the point of extreme exhaustion. Also I think it's important to point to the difference between letting your free will reign and having a senseless and directionless approach. Obviously Gaga is not doing the latter.

This is obviously not recommended for beginning musicians but she's not a beginner. We don't need to educate Lady Gaga about the importance of having a cohesive direction for an album.

I know you get it I'm just putting it out there for those who might misinterpret the process for this record.

herassisfamous
8 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Yes not particularly happy, but I'd say healthy because she is expressing her pain, her struggles and all. She doesn't have to dive in her soul and craft a persona around her pain like she did with ARTPOP (Swine, G.U.Y, MJH, Gypsy etc.) She is actually all out there with whatever emotion she has and I think that's why the album is called Chromatica. She's not pretending to be a strong yee-haw, or a legged contemporary art piece. She's literally being herself. Not just Stefani, not just Gaga but a combination of both. That's why it's real

All we need is love

SchwineLove
46 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Well duh, she's just regaining stability after ARTPOP crisis and of course it will be anxious after she has damn success for ASIB, like where will her pop route lead? But I think it's not happy state, but....carefree, nothing to lose, calm and joyful stoic? Like letting loose some seriousness, philosophical jargons.

Archived