💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

DITD is one of the best Gaga's songs?

I AM THEATRE

Featured Posts

I AM THEATRE

I don't exactly know why.. but I felt in love with that song since I hearded it the 1st time :smh: .. And when I saw a video of Gaga performing it at Enigma (during the 1st show) I almost cried!!  Why she didn't release it as single (+ a MV maybe)? Omg, that song is a masterpiece.

JusKeepBreathin

The fact that I had to scroll down this thread to find out what DITD stood for means no.

However it's a great song.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JustJames

I think a song like this is destined to get an "overrated" reputation eventually because it stands out so much as high-quality, high-concept song that meets every criteria one would expect a Gaga single to check for release, and yet.. it wasn't? So, of course, people are going to talk about it and wonder why it wasn't a full single.

I can understand Gaga having to fight for Alejandro to get released as a single; its message wasn't as explicit as her songs had been to that point, it was certainly the most 'europop' influenced song on the album, and it was a huge departure from the commercial dynamic of Telephone. Alejandro was a HQ addition to her singles collection and the MV is A+ ... but, WHY was the fight not for it to be the 4th single from the album? DITD, with Gaga's continued obsession with the 'decay of the pop icon,' is one of the only songs that made it into an album that delved into this darker theme, and it did it in a way that was legendary. REPLACING it with Alejandro means she was okay with not having this message heard, or giving it visuals... I don't get that?

I also don't get why she didn't fight for a full release, or why Interscope didn't just release it, as the 4th and final WW single when it got a limited release in AUS and HUN (?). She was at her peak commercially, was riding 7 straight debut singles that charted top 6, and this song literally is one of the most universally praised songs in her discography. 

Even with a limited release, it barley lost a Grammy for Best Dance Recording; I think the message would have wrapped up the TF/TFM era beautifully, and the MV would have been AMAZING. I don't see it charting less than Top 5, and TFM may have been undeniable for AOTY with a 4th smash hit of such high quality. The contrast between the minimalistic approach to TF/TFM eras in terms of the # of singles, and the total sh**show that was BTW is pretty stark. 

magicalgaga

It's literally one of the best songs she's ever made. I listened to the crap out of it in 2011 and 2012 so it holds a lot of memories within itself. But it's a definite bop :enigma:

i was born this way, baby

Archived