Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

The Man - Taylor Swift

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

halfway through the video i was literally thinking why tf isn't taylor swift in the mv, they really cut another paycheck for a white man to star in the video huh

but then she pulled the largest plot twist in history at the end. she did THAT. brunette tay in YBWM mv pronounced dead

angels forever, forever angels

StrawberryBlond

Right from the start, I thought there was something off about the way this guy looked and expected him to dissolve into Taylor by the end so I was kinda right! That make up is incredible, it doesn't look remotely like her - more like a relation of Scott Disick! The mouth maybe gives it away a little bit but even once you know, you still do a double take, so props to the make up crew. Music videos should win awards for best make up, like the Oscars do.

But the actual message...the song's actually quite good, it's just sung by the wrong person. Taylor still remains unaware of how privileged she is. To sing about "I'm tired of running as fast as I can wondering if I'd get there quicker if I was a man" should be sung by women who haven't made it yet, not A-listers like Taylor with 15+ years of success and rich beyond her wildest dreams. It seems the wrong time for her to make a song like this. Plus, it's oversimplifies the male experience way too much and I say that as a woman. I don't know how often we have to see successful men in suits working in offices. Hello, there's more ways to be a successful man than that! And while she may be attacking a specific kind of man in the video, the lyrics are actually trying to make all men feel guilty. Let's not pretend that there aren't lots of talented men out there who can't get the right breaks or are doing the exact same thing that a super successful man is doing but can't seem to replicate his success.

Haroon

I liked it but I don't know why I expected more? :confused: Like I'm not sure what I'd expect anyway, it gets the message of the song across and everything :laughga:

Nice video and nice song though :happy: I just want Cornelia Street or Miss Americana to please get amazing music videos :giveup:

DekiDopamine
7 hours ago, August3 said:

The manspreading part tho:awkney: that's such a non-issue. 

Otherwise it was a good video, but that part made me cringe. 

It's a joke and I don't even like Taylor. It's obvious. 

2School4Cool

Love it, she did a great job. The message, the song, the concept, it’s great :heart:

See The Best In Everyone

Wow I didn't even know that was her until the end. Though I did suspect something when the guy they chose is good not but great looking.

Concept is clever. She operates on a higher level than most pop girls and this is further proof.

I still think the song sucks though.

nswain1110

I'm sorry but Tay Tay as a dude is hot AF - swoon-

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Daylight Jokers
11 hours ago, ThunderSwallow said:

the man she portraits is so stereotypic

i can’t get it. 

a bit shallow IMO 

The entire video is a satire.

RodeckDanny

YASSS I actually found it underwhelming until the end, then i actually ended up watching it again LOL

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Archived