Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

If Gaga was to do another concept album...

TheQueenEnthusiast

Featured Posts

TheQueenEnthusiast

...what would you want it to be? Lowkey got inspired by that fake chromatic post that LG6 will have 12 tracks and each represents a different color. 

Personally, I would really want her to dabble within a less cornier idea but concept albums are so nice because for me it really intersects the notion that music can have ethereal or metaphorical meaning. 

Matangi

Particularly for Gaga, not all artists in general, I say no concept album-but strong conceptual songs! IMO that's why ARTPOP was weakest of a strong discography. The overwrought attempt to make an "art" concept-album rendered at least half the songs aimless and feeling unfinished both lyrically and sonically...

Good songs have their own merits to stand on.

RahrahWitch

I'd adore the Idea of having a colour tied to each song but I just can't see each song having a Video.

I feel like the best way to do it would be to do less of a whole concept and focus more on the songs, Like how with Born This Way you had the overall theme but each single had it's own unique incredible conceptual Music Videos. 

Genuine Guy 09

Well i was kinda hoping that 'Chromatica/LG6' was a concept album, as i think when she produces a body of work that should be listened to from start to finish - its when Gaga is at her best.

I was hoping each music video led on from one another, potentially finishing the paparazzi/telephone saga!  and the videos could feature her alter ego that has pink hair :) 

Also one of the videos could be animated animated ala 'Break the Ice' britney 

Yummy Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Lord Temptation

In a weird way all of her album’s (except C2C and ASIB) are concept albums.

The Fame is a satirical look at celebrity, glamour and excess.

TFM is an exporation of fear and the dark side of fame.

BTW is a celebration of freedom and sexual identity.

ARTPOP is a Greek surrealist psychodrama about the pain of separation of the neverending war of the world’s between art and pop.

Joanne is a reflection of home and country.

Chromatica/Stupid Love will be...who knows? 

TheQueenEnthusiast
12 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

In a weird way all of her album’s (except C2C and ASIB) are concept albums.

The Fame is a satirical look at celebrity, glamour and excess.

TFM is an exporation of fear and the dark side of fame.

BTW is a celebration of freedom and sexual identity.

ARTPOP is a Greek surrealist psychodrama about the pain of separation of the neverending war of the world’s of art and pop.

Joanne is a reflection of home and country.

Chromatica/Stupid Love will be...who knows? 

This. I love TFM's 'fear of ...' concept.  I actually was thinking about BTW and it made me think of ARTPOP and how its a mixture of art and pop. One of the prevailing themes within BTW Is duality, Gaga talks about being half-woman, half-motorcycle, half-way between fantasy and reality, half-on the ride, going nowhere and in the album itself there seems to be a split sonically. There's definitely some duality and pop theory in there that I love and wanna discuss. 

15 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

ARTPOP is a Greek surrealist psychodrama about the pain of separation of the neverending war of the world’s of art and pop.

End of the thread

whos that girl madonna GIF

TheQueenEnthusiast
3 minutes ago, ropi said:

End of the thread

whos that girl madonna GIF

He didn't lie though. Gaga's commentary on ARTPOP literally shows she planned all of that out. Gaga truly is a mastermind. 

Lord Temptation
15 minutes ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

This. I love TFM's 'fear of ...' concept.  I actually was thinking about BTW and it made me think of ARTPOP and how its a mixture of art and pop. One of the prevailing themes within BTW Is duality, Gaga talks about being half-woman, half-motorcycle, half-way between fantasy and reality, half-on the ride, going nowhere and in the album itself there seems to be a split sonically. There's definitely some duality and pop theory in there that I love and wanna discuss. 

In one of her interviews I remember her saying that in each of her album’s she posits questions that remain unanswered. That the audience completes each album in their own mind, or by their actions. So she never truly declares “Freedom is X” or “Fear is Y”, that truth is one way or another, but let’s the audience contemplate. Art is neither the answer nor the question but a journey of expression. Does the woman ride the motorcycle or does the motorcycle ride the woman? 

Especially on BTW and ARTPOP she goes full Jungian via Warhol and the Eastern religions of Mani and the Buddha. If the self is a construct, can you remake yourself? Or is everything inherited and choice an illusion? What makes flesh living but metal non-living? Don’t stars also get born and then die, like us?

TheQueenEnthusiast
9 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

In one of her interviews I remember her saying that in each of her album’s she posits questions that remain unanswered. That the audience completes each album in their own mind, or by their actions. So she never truly declares “Freedom is X” or “Fear is Y”, that truth is one way or another, but let’s the audience contemplate. Art is neither the answer nor the question but a journey of expression. Does the woman ride the motorcycle or does the motorcycle ride the woman? 

Especially on BTW and ARTPOP she goes full Jungian via Warhol and the Eastern religions of Mani and the Buddha. If the self is a construct, can you remake yourself? Or is everything inherited and choice an illusion? What makes flesh living but metal non-living? Don’t stars also get born and then die, like us?

I love this. Thank you. 

Regina George

Only real concept album Gaga had was The Fame Monster... and it turned out amazing. Every other album that is considered as concept album by her fan is not it. ARTPOP for example was supposed to be concept album but it was not it. Videos we got were all over the place and not linked at all, songs had no similar directions, every song sounded different and was in no way linked to ART+POP concept IMO (well except for ARTPOP the song).. 

Archived