💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga’s “Scrapped” Albums

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

NFRatwell

What are all the “scrapped” albums that we know of (besides LG6 Stupid Luv :ally:) I’m not that knowing of her career pre-BTW, so was there any albums/ideas from before TF to then that were never released? 
I know she had played the demos for ARTPOP Q3 of 2012 to her label, a whole year before the era started. Obviously between this year, lots had changed with the album. I know it’s still technically ARTPOP though, so it’s not really a scrapped album. 
ARTPOP ACT 2... we all know bout that :ally:

The original LG5... produced by RedOne, he even said they had a lead chosen, but none of his 8 original collabs were released (apparently AD was written for Joanne and not part of the 8 tracks). I think this one was the most finalized scrapped album. 
the original LG6... “ARTPOP’s little sister”, that DJWS worked on with Gaga in 2017, which he teased would come “soon”. We don’t know what the original plans were for the album, but we do know it was scrapped/taken a different rout after he said his work is no longer on LG6. 
C3C sis has been missing for 6 years. Gaga and Tony talked about a second album since the first was released, and it’s been teased since then. No word yet though if it’s finished or what lol 

Her original debut that was supposed to release on Def Jam? I think I’ve heard someone mention that before and that would explain the profusion of pop-rock demos from that period

She was probably gonna release an album preFame entirely of Rob Fusari songs. 

The Fame Kills tour was cancelled so I assumed that affected the making of The Fame Monster. 

However, Gaga doesn't have many scrapped albums. We just have whispers of such. Plus an album can't technically be scrapped if it was never made. 

Animal Claws

1. The Original Debut (2007)

2. ARTPOP ACT II 

3. Original LG5 

4. Original LG6 (ARTPOP's little sister concept) 

5. Joanne B-Sides

6. C3C 

Also, Stupid Love is not a LG6 reject

📌

Red Velvet

I remember finding a source back in 2009, about a scrapped first album that Gaga had on Def Jam. 

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

NFRatwell
7 minutes ago, Seeka said:

The Fame Kills tour was cancelled so I assumed that affected the making of The Fame Monster. 

However, Gaga doesn't have many scrapped albums. We just have whispers of such. Plus an album can't technically be scrapped if it was never made. 

Which is why I put it in quotation marks :ally:

7 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

2. ARTPOP ACT II 

3. Original LG5 

5. Joanne B-Sides

6. C3C 

📌

I know, I just said it because I know some hoes would make the joke :messga: I won’t let the monsters do that to my thread :ally: ksks 

29 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but fame kills came after the release of the fame monster. It affected the Monster Ball Tour.

8 minutes ago, mxnster said:

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but fame kills came after the release of the fame monster. It affected the Monster Ball Tour.

No. Gaga announced the tour before The Fame Monster existed. She said she had "new songs she was going to play on the tour" but it was never said she was going to release an album. 

I assume she quickened the release of the album, probably making it shorter than she had planned, to make up for the fact she was now having another tour but without an album to back it. 

However, this is all conjecture. But the first date of The Fame Kills Tour was scheduled for November 10th. The Fame Monster was released November 18th. 

I'm not sure, but doesn't the album come out before the tour?

Remember, the Monster Ball 1.0 was reusing the stage, crew, etc., from the Fame Kills tour. 

Gaga did what she had to do to keep a lot of people in jobs. 

Like I said, personal conjecture, but I think Fame Monster was meant to be released later with more songs on it. 

Joshie S
1 hour ago, Animal Claws said:

2. ARTPOP ACT II 

3. Original LG5 

5. Joanne B-Sides

6. C3C 

📌

I never heard anything about a Joanne B-Side album? I know there was always speculation amongst the fans but I thought that was just baseless rumours?:derpga:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

10 minutes ago, Seeka said:

No. Gaga announced the tour before The Fame Monster existed. She said she had "new songs she was going to play on the tour" but it was never said she was going to release an album. 

I assume she quickened the release of the album, probably making it shorter than she had planned, to make up for the fact she was now having another tour but without an album to back it. 

However, this is all conjecture. But the first date of The Fame Kills Tour was scheduled for November 10th. The Fame Monster was released November 18th. 

I'm not sure, but doesn't the album come out before the tour?

Remember, the Monster Ball 1.0 was reusing the stage, crew, etc., from the Fame Kills tour. 

Gaga did what she had to do to keep a lot of people in jobs. 

Like I said, personal conjecture, but I think Fame Monster was meant to be released later with more songs on it.

Its kind of a messy history lmfao

at the time of planning fame kills, Gaga also was already planning to start the Monster ball tour in March 2010, when the joint tour would have ended.

Gaga also revealed that she'll be launching her own headlining tour just weeks after Fame Kills wraps. "When I come back from my world tour, I'm doing another world tour after this, which is going to be in March of next year." MTV news article about fame kills

I think this would explain why the fame monster was released on the 18th, because she couldn't go on a tour promoting nothing new.

Because time was SHORT and she had limited resources, it would explain why this was what we got from Gaga in 2009.

4140403650_eb21c4d249.jpg

Very different from what we wouldve gotten if Kanye behaved himself and didnt storm the stage at the VMAS

a61f5ddc-baa6-4f9f-9459-aba5df757c93

For some more info, heres a leaked story board for act five of the fame kills tour

87-C80700-9445-4261-BFAC-21-F9-E7964-FA8

461-C9-BD9-1-F79-4-A62-BB5-A-B8-BDE4-D21

C048706-C-B981-49-A8-92-D8-DBB0-C98-ED80

C5-AAF4-F6-BF82-4036-9-AF9-C202-E26462-C

https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=8155923.0

I genuinely think that if Fame Kills happened, Gaga wouldve released the album after Fame Kills. Gaga couldve chosen to promote some new material on the tour (as seen with speechless on the leaked act 5 snippet) to give us a taste of what was to come for the monster ball in march 2010. Gaga has done this with You & I, Americano, Born This Way and Judas on the Monster Ball tour.

Spoiler

well.. she only sang judas once and it was the last song of the final show for the tour lol

So, in my head, it goes like this:

- Kanye doesn't misbehave at the VMAs in September 2009

- Fame Kills doesnt get cancelled in October

- Gaga is still working on The Fame Monster in November 2009 when she embarks on the Fame Kills tour. Gaga will use some of the new content she has created for The Fame Monster  on the Fame Kills tour. This is seen in the leaked act 5 board, where she will play speechless on piano.

- Gaga releases The Fame Monster sometime between late November 2009 and March 2010. She begins to develop everything for the Monster Ball Tour.

- Fame Kills wraps up in January 2010

- Gaga embarks on the Monster Ball tour

In reality, we got:

- Kanye misbehaves at the Vmas in September 2009

- Fame Kills tour gets cancelled in October 2009

- Gaga decides to only record the 8 tracks for The Fame Monster and plans to release it in November

- Gaga rushes to finish development of the Monster Ball tour so that she can promote the new album

- The rest is history

Anderson123

The only “scrapped album” that we know of is ARTPOP Act II. We know she had plans to release it and that she even had enough songs for an Act III.

The rest of the other albums were just random stuff she recorded in the studio before figuring out the direction she wanted to go. “Original LG5” is just a bunch of stuff she wrote (some of those with RedOne) before she decided to go with Ronson and part from there to work on the Joanne concept. This is just part of making any album, like how she wrote over 100 songs for Born This Way. 

Lumiere
5 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

We know she had plans to release it and that she even had enough songs for an Act III.

what?! I didn't know this! :omg:

sillynate
26 minutes ago, Glitter Way said:

what?! I didn't know this! :omg:

Oh yes she talked about Act II up until around April 2014 :) here’s a video with more info (there was a video I saw once that was spot on with all the stuff I’m aware of, but I’m not sure if this is it but this one seems like it would have good info) 

Archived