Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is this the “truest” Gaga song?

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

Red Velvet

Wonderful and Captivated has always felt the truest Gaga song to me.

"Ate a slice of cherry pie, I cried all night"

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

"You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams"  it wins just for that

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

On 2/23/2020 at 5:50 AM, Ktaylor99 said:

I dunno how people can love Speechless and sh!t on A Million Reasons.

Both are amazing soulful ballads, filled with so much truth and remind of me LG before she was LG. 

Speechless has a lot stronger melody and therefore it is catchier. MR barely has any.

That is what it's all about.

Diamond heart99
1 hour ago, Creyk said:

Speechless has a lot stronger melody and therefore it is catchier. MR barely has any.

That is what it's all about.

We can debate which song is better of course and everyone is entitled to like what they like. But I’ve seen so much disrespect to MR and people complain about ballads in general and are “OnLy hEre 4 DaNce Bopz”

So a thread about Speechless being her truest sound is interesting to say the least...

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Joanne, Dope, Diamond Heart, You and I spring to mind when I think off her most truest song 

gagzus

For me Brooklyn Nights feels like her most unfiltered song, like for the first (and only) time in her career she said truly what she meant without metaphor, without analogy and was singing about her true love and how she wished she could have him back but knew it was never gonna happen.

it’s one of her best and my favourite songs tbh

JusKeepBreathin

Are we talking about lyrics or just talking about her balads because I think Bad Romance is Gaga's truest song. When it's sung as a ballad it is glorious. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Franch Toast
On 2/23/2020 at 12:22 AM, Ktaylor99 said:

Exactly - I don’t even know why I bothered. My need to point out inconsistencies in this fan base is my toxic trait. :vegas:

It's why we love you. Don't ever change. 

Edited to add: Also, just this afternoon as I was driving, I was thinking that the lyrics to "Million Reasons" are actually pretty damn good. I love "Speechless" too. I don't get the MR hate, other than maybe people got sick of it because she's performed it so much. Hearing it live gave me chills. 

She/Her/Hers

Monster Hair

I think... "Speechless", "The Edge of Glory", "Gypsy".... and probably most of the tracks in "Joanne", as she said, it was her most personal album and it was made for us to know a bit more about her life, her feelingd, her family and friends... I love her so much, her personal songs always go righ into my heart :kara:

Alfonso

It's one of her best songs, and that particular performance is one of my favorite ones of her :giveup:

I love the style she used to sing during the BTW era 

On 2/22/2020 at 11:36 PM, blankpaper said:

I love this song. I’ve never understood how it’s about her dad though 

She's talked about it many times back then: her dad has a heart condition he wasn't gonna do anything about. He used to call her when drunk and talk about how he was just gonna let himself die while drinking with his friends. She would just listen, speechless.  She wrote this song to convince him. He eventually had it and she paid for the surgery. There's also a cute story about when he saw her when he woke up.

Spoiler

Was gonna insert quotes but just Google "gaga dad surgery sweater" and all the stories come up

When asked about her first big purchase as a star, she usually cites this and/or a new car for him.

Of course there are always layers of meaning and multiple sentiments in all Gaga songs. In Speechless, she's talking to her dad and her boyfriend ...which considering her self-proclaimed "daddy issues" , they might as well be conflated into the same person in this song. Can't see the tights jeans and long haired drunk referring to anyone else but Luc. 

@6:39

Just cus...:flutter:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Diamond heart99
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

For me Brooklyn Nights feels like her most unfiltered song, like for the first (and only) time in her career she said truly what she meant without metaphor, without analogy and was singing about her true love and how she wished she could have him back but knew it was never gonna happen.

it’s one of her best and my favourite songs tbh

I think this is the answer. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Archived