Make 1 Gaga Song A Hit Single

Twitter

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirrion Rizzons

Definitely monster 

would've gone top 5 with a music video and promo in fall 2010 and would have became a halloween classic 

m m m Monster :lana:

bloody g

actually, evaluating this huge power in retrospective, I can make ANY song a hit. So I'd choose Why Did You Do That for the memes :vegas:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Gracious Gaga
1 hour ago, Bloody Grammys said:

dancin in circles bc it's a recent song and i'd like to see a music video for it and idk it would be fun :enigma:

Gurl 10 years is not recent 

EDIT: omg I read dance in the dark 

uh oh oops GIF

♥ Kindness Police.

JustJames

I think similarly to the user who mentioned Perfect Illusion and the impact a hit single from Joanne would have had on her career/legacy. I think ASIB has skewed our perspective on this w/ acclaim, required publicity, and promo. I love what her hard work on the film did for her stardom, but had it not been for the unstoppable viralism of Shallow, she would only have 3 top 10 songs in her discography since You And I in 2011: Applause (#4; 2013), Million Reasons (#4 due to Superbowl; 2017), and Shallow (#5 due to ASIB premiere; 2018). 

If ASIB OST didn't exist, I might answer with either Diamond Heart or Perfect Illusion, but regardless of its positive impact on her as an album, no Joanne songs were commercially viable. Even after MR surged and she had momentum, they still didn't even try to get another moderate hit. Dancin In Circles is not that great; it is just the fastest and most Gaga-esque of a non-Gaga album. "Phunk me" would NOT play on radios, and even with some radio love upfront, we saw how PI did. Had she played the 1st half of Diamond Heart on the top of the stadium to tease as a 3rd single after MR, maaaybe she could've squeezed a Top 10, but getting MR onto her list of mainstays took about a million performances.

So, TL;DR, the answer for me is obvious and should have been obvious to her team. Always Remember Us This Way, released in full (with album re-release that included new versions, new songs, and MVs) in 03/2019 would have gotten her a 2nd Top 3 (perhaps #1) song in 2019, 2nd streaming smash hit (since it is nearing 4m on Spotify as it is), and secured AOTY and ROTY Grammy nominations, a likely AOTY win, and likely performance of ARUTW+INLA, giving the chance to add even a 3rd song from the late 2010s into her rotation.

I can't help but play the game as others did and at least mention some other options. :) 

TF: "Starstruck" would have given her a guaranteed 5th Top 10 hit off TF, allowed Paparazzi to surge to the Top 3, given her some intro and cred within whatever genre one considers Flo Rida, expanded on the 'fame' theme, grabbed a Pop Duo Grammy nod, and would have pushed TFM further to allow its singles to peak higher.

TFM: "DITD" was such an obvious choice for a single; it is a fan favorite, fits the dark sound and fame monster theme perfectly, would have given an amazing concluding MV to a perfect era, and they gave it a limited release so it would not have taken much to release it in the U.S., CAN, and Europe for a 4th Top 5, and likely 2 more Grammy wins.

BTW: "Marry the Night" with the performances, promo, and music video it got almost 1 year too late would have gotten its deserved success had it been the lead single. MTN-BTW-EOG would have been an amazing 1-2-3 punch. I am going to cheat further and add -Scheisse-You and I to the end of that for a perfect, 5-hit era without overexposure.

ARTPOP: End the era with Gypsy, darn it. Worst case, it peaks at 76. Best case, it becomes an EOG-like anthem. 

TEANUS

Perfect Illusion. Released the week of and performed at the VMAs, ample Spotify promo, music video released the same week

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

FfFfFfFF

ARTPOP because the song is a transcedental and ethereal bop and represents the theme of her forth album the best. :tony:

rasclautmangos
17 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

A-Yo :vegas: 

Thank You! A Yo was such an underrated gem.

It really is a fun song to sing when you get into it.

Dr Fudge

Definitely Speechless. Between what it stood for and simply being one of the best songs she’s ever written, it would be nice if the general public regarded it as a Gaga classic. In a world where Gaga would have been celebrated and revered from the beginning. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Archived