Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

EU artists will need visas to tour the UK from 2021

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu

Brexit‘s ripple effects have already catalyzed a foreseeably large change in the European music industry with new visa rulings. According to a policy paper from Britain’s governmental Home Office, all touring artists from the European Union will now need visas to perform in the country. The policy will kick in at the top of 2021, and encompasses all facets of artistic participation spanning from auditions, to workshops, to cultural events. It also points to equal arrangements on the side of the EU.

Among the new requirements, which include extra budgeting alone for the visa, performers and their teams must each have at least £1,000 in savings at least 90 days before applying to prove they can support themselves during their time in the UK. There are exceptions to this rule, however, if the artist in question is granted an “A-level” approval. Word remains as to whether or not these extra costs will eventually trickle down to promoters and fans in the form of higher artist fees and ticket prices.

https://dancingastronaut.com/2020/02/touring-artists-from-the-eu-will-now-need-work-visas-to-visit-uk/

Queen of Pop

Pretty sure most of the artists us Gays listen to have more than £1,000 so it doesn't really matter lol

But either way Brexit is ****

PlanetChromatica
18 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

I hope the UK crumbles and falls apart to become irrelavent as it deserves

Thanks but 49% of us voted to remain.

Gagaloo911
2 minutes ago, ArtyRoberto said:

Thanks but 49% of us voted to remain.

Yea and then yall overwhelmingly voted for Johnson and the Tories in your last election. Embarassing. 

My country the US will deserve it too if they elect Trump and Republicans again in November. 

PlanetChromatica
1 minute ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Yea and then yall overwhelmingly voted for Johnson and the Tories in your last election. Embarassing. 

My country the US will deserve it too if they elect Trump and Republicans again in November. 

Yeah, I didn't personally vote for Boris but tbh there were no good options either way. The reason it was a landslide for the Tories is literally because Boris's campaign was all about getting Brexit done and the whole country is tired of hearing about it, it's been almost 4 years since the referendum and nothing had happened.

I mean lets first look at the bigger picture. None of this is actually written into law yet. And also lets not forget the millions of EU citizens living in the UK and vice versa who are still pretty much in complete limbo.

I'm a British citizen living in Germany and me and many others still do not exactly know what steps to take in regards to staying here, living our lives and retaining our rights.

People joke about Brexit but it is going to affect everyones lives for generations to come.

xoxo Craig

Smaller artists would be put off by this, it would only really be the  bigger names that could afford it :vegas:   but thats good, maybe they'll realise what they've done and made England poorer

End Racism Now

3 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Corbyn ran against Democracy by asking for another vote on Brexit. If you run against democracy, how do you expect to win in a democracy? The working class voted for Brexit, and the elites accuse all of them of racism. This is exactly why Corbyn lost to another Trump.

The Elites reaction to Brexit mimics their reaction to Trump: blame the amorality of ordinary people rather than reckon with elite failure. This is not racism, Its a revolt against technocracy and the ruling elites of western democracy. Its a revolt against governance by unrepresented, unelected, and undemocratic elites.

Archived