đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Miss Anthropocene (Grimes) received universal acclaim

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Miss Anthropocene, the latest release by Canadian experimental pop artist Grimes debuts on metacritic with a meta-score of 75 based on 4 reviews. The score while not incredibily high in itself still qualifies as generally favorable reviews and is on par with the latest pop releases of 2020.

ReleaseProduct-156623-93975.jpgAccording to Exclaim (70), the real surprise of Miss Anthropocene is that it actually sounds like a fairly standard Grimes album. She's a become a controversial public figure whose whole persona is like one big multimedia art project, so this is a welcome return to her wheelhouse.

According to The New York Times (80) which started by comparing it with its predecesor, Art Angels, Miss Anthropocene” is more somber, full of dire scenarios, deep bass abysses and floating soprano refrains.  Grimes doesn’t make her songs depend on the words. The nervous energy, dread, anxiety, death wish and poppy nihilism are also in the sound of her music. Throughout “Miss Anthropocene,” personal and societal disasters seem imminent.

Consequence of Sound complimented album's creative direction, sound and complexity as it follows: Grimes has never sounded more sure of herself than on Miss_Anthrop0cene, and this conviction in her ideas and creative outlook largely benefits this record. By consolidating the stylistic elements of her previous two works, Miss_Anthrop0cene lies at the intersections of Grimes’ past experiments while forging something entirely new to her discography. Miss_Anthrop0cene is the perfect Grimes record for 2020, delving into topical themes such as climate change with an eclectic mix of genres. It’s certainly her darkest, most ambitious project yet, and it works on nearly all levels.

Now obviously, the score will keep fluctuating for the following week as more publications will post their reviews so it rising (or the reverse, getting lower) is still a possibility.

The album was (or will be released, depending on where you live) this Friday, February 21 at midnight, representing Grimes' fifth studio album and seventh studio release overall. :usrs:

grimes-miss-anthropocene-1580840208-640x640.jpg

Update

After 18 critic reviews, the score jumped to 81, indicating universal acclaim and the 14th highest score of 2020 (so far).

Ryusei

Ugh can't wait to listen to the remaining 5 tracks tonight. I held back for so long :bradley: 

Ok the short review of rolling stone (as displayed on metacritic) is stupid.. She said Miss Anthropocene is the goddess of climate change basically and all the songs will be kind of their own way to how the world is gonna end and they write it as if the whole album was supposed to be only about climate change.. this is why I hate critics' reviews sometimes... I bet they subtracted points for that being like: This song isnt about climate change... :saladga:

Musery

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I bet they subtracted points for that being like: This song isnt about climate change... :saladga:

American Life by Madge not being explicitly about politics on each track teas.

elijahfan

Seems so weird to read reviews when it already feels like an old album to me :laughga: But I'm so happy I'll finally be able to buy and own it. I hope her next album release will be less chaotic, and that it will come soonish.

BleepBloop

It's for sure gonna go above 80 tbh. There are quite a few 9/10 reviews that are still not calculated into the Metascore!

AlexanderMagno

I haven't listen to it, except the singles / officially released songs. Sounds like a fair score. Even if Grimes herself doesn't want to admit, Art Angels was a production masterpiece from beginning to the end. Miss Anthropocene songs, so far, are good but not really creating a new level for her or showing any evolution. More like a revamp of some of her sounds.

But I'm glad it's finally out, her projects are always so exciting , I hope I get addicted to this.

Sestri Levante

Talent wins :enigma:

Spoiler

Tha album is amazing, but I'm still mad there are no nu-metal bops like We Appreciate Power

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Sestri Levante said:

Talent wins :enigma:

Hide contents

Tha album is amazing, but I'm still mad there are no nu-metal bops like We Appreciate Power

My Name Is Dark (highkey) and Before The Fever (lowkey) are nu-metal though. :ohwell:

FfFfFfFF
9 minutes ago, brownie said:

Who IS this lady and why is she such a meme

Gretchen. The ultimate stan gifs icon hands down.

Sestri Levante
4 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

My Name Is Dark (highkey) and Before The Fever (lowkey) are nu-metal though. :ohwell:

They're both amazing songs and heavily nu-metal influenced. But I wanted more and they didn't made my jaw drop like WAP did :giveup:

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, Sestri Levante said:

They're both amazing songs and heavily nu-metal influenced. But I wanted more and they didn't made my jaw drop like WAP did :giveup:

I personally prefer Before The Fever over We Appreciate Power. Not only is my favorite songs from the album but it became one of my all time favorite Grimes songs. :diane:

Sestri Levante
34 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I personally prefer Before The Fever over We Appreciate Power. Not only is my favorite songs from the album but it became one of my all time favorite Grimes songs. :diane:

Before the fever, my name is dark, delete forever and idoru (did I spell that right :saladga:) are some of her songs without any doubt. But Flesh without blood and We Appreciate Power are my all time faves :diane:.

Archived