💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Kerli - Love Is Dead (Album)

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

this album was my life in 4th grade

my best friend at the time was a Kerli stan and he got me into her and this album is just perfection with barely any skips 

Love Is Dead (2008) 

220px-Kerli-_love_is_dead-_album_cover.p

The Singles: 

some other songs that slap from this album are 

I Want Nothing 

Up Up Up 

Bulletproof 

Beautiful Day

Creepshow 

Hurt Me

Strange Boy 

this album is basically like rock mixed with emo pop 

it's a dark album but has it has it's happier songs and is incredibly well written and has a very cohesive sound 

I posting this for people who already love this album to talk about it but also i'm hoping we can get new fans of this album because it is definitely underrated 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

MaryJaneHolland

Love this album, definitely in my Top 10 from the 2000s :excited:

I am so sad Kerli never happened, she is super creative and talented. 

I am a fan of the 2000s pop rock, so this album really fits me. Butterfly Cry and (especially) Bulletproof are masterpieces.

blankpaper
14 minutes ago, Pop Music said:

this album was my life in 4th grade

:bradley: :bradley: :bradley:

Walking on Air was one of my favorite songs in college :selena:

She did a song with Illenium fairly recently that’s really good too 

reality’s tight if the music is right

MaryJaneHolland
10 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

She did a song with Illenium fairly recently that’s really good too 

The drop is everything :applause: 

donatellab

I was a huge Kerli stan when i was 9 or 10 and last summer i saw her live for the third time at a local (Estonian) music festival, god it made me feel so nostalgic and she’s still so inspiring, she should’ve been huge:bradley::bradley:

She/Her/Hers

ToxicHot

Wow what a HUGE throwback! :bradley:

I remember around 2007-2008 I was in my emo phase, and I had a few friends online introduce me to her music (I was super active on Meez.com, don't judge me--in fact I think that website actually promoted her music). I thought Kerli was really cool and I was definitely in love with her dark image and pop-rock sound. I was never a real stan but she definitely grabbed my attention!

To be honest I never bought/listened to the full album (probably because I was a kid and didn't have lots of money for iTunes :flop:), but to this day I still have Walking On Air, Love Is Dead, Bulletproof, Hurt Me, and Creepshow in my library. 

I think she sort of set the precedent for the outlandish fashion and dark undertone that Gaga was going to take on and push into the mainstream. Like when I really think about it Kerli kinda set the tone for The Fame Monster era image-wise (totally not the same at all, but reminiscent). In fact, didn't Kerli accuse Gaga of ripping her off? (LOL - just googled about this, Kerli definitely spoke a lot about it.)

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived