💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

The Monster Ball Tour (Arena version) turns 10

YCHofficial

Featured Posts

YCHofficial

It was on February 18, 2010 that Gaga came back with a revamped version of her Monster Ball Tour and went from theaters to Arenas 

Additional notes (from Gagapedia)

At the beginning of the concert, the intro used was the Jumping Film from the theater version of The Monster Ball Tour.

Throughout the concert, there were minor problems in the sound system and several burst sounds were heard by the public.

Because of the soundcheck problems, this caused most of the back-track to be louder than Gaga's vocals. This later raised controversy that she may have been lip syncing during the concert.

There was a kitchen fire backstage, causing the show to be late, and almost cancelled.

During "Dance in the Dark", the light Gaga is infront of, it was blue instead of purple. The blue back light was never used again.

The curtain rose as soon as the song started. This never occured again.

No sound was heard when Gaga played EMMA while performing "The Fame".

During the Puke Film, the audio was late because the video was too fast, causing the video to be replayed.

During "LoveGame", there were various differences:

During the intro, there wasn´t the line of the express man saying "Emergency! There's something in the tracks!", and the voice that said "Glitter Way" and some of the construction sounds were different.

Gaga's gestures and poses during the intro were different.

Gaga removed her nun hat outside the subway.

She almost lost the first verse of the bridge because there wasn't the break after the 2nd chorus.

Gaga lost the first line during "Money Honey", because of the introduction, which was shorter than in the other shows.

Gaga didn't sing a part of "Telephone" because that was meant to be a dance break.

During the Twister Film, Gaga's mic was turned off and the audio of the screen was not aligned, so the only instrument heard was the harp.

The elevator rose at the beginning of "So Happy I Could Die", until the end of the song.

The Antler Film had a different audio, which samples a instrumental with backing vocals version of "So Happy I Could Die", causing the film had been played for almost three times.

During "Monster", there were various differences:

The backdrop video started at the beginning of the song, instead of the second line of "He ate my heart, he a-a-ate my heart." Also, the screens stood split and up.

Gaga didn´t leave the stage, or jump back to the stage using the trap door elevator, and didn't change outfits before the last chorus of "Monster". She did the mentioned, after the song.

The spotlight that illuminated her in the front didn't turn off after the song.

During "Teeth", the backdrop was the same as the one in "Monster".

During the Monster Film, the only audio used was Gaga reading out the Manifesto of Little Monsters with the band performing.

The theater version of the Apocalyptic Film was used, with samples of "Money Honey" at the beginning.

The Apocalyptic Film were the only interlude that didn't have trouble with the music and/or wasn't repeated.

The intro of "Paparazzi" was not featured, it was shown the screen rose when the Angler Fish and Gaga was lighted as well the whole stage.

The Pyro-Bra was not featured during "Paparazzi", and the ending was the Angler Fish eating Gaga instead of it being killed by Gaga.

There was no band performance before "Bad Romance".

Gaga wore a straight white wig, similar to the wig she wore during The Fame era. This wig was worn throughout "So Happy I Could Die". She then changed to her double tone wig (blonde and yellow) during "Monster".

The outfits that Gaga wore during "Dance in the Dark", "Glitter and Grease", "Just Dance", "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich", "Vanity", "Money Honey", "Telephone", and "Bad Romance" were never used again.

Several of Gaga's props went missing.

Catnikko

Also: 

The majority of the set and costumes had not arrived (/been delivered) yet which is why she was late but then wore a cheap party city wig until the real one arrived which I believe (?) she switched to half way through the show

Also that included the neon phrases attached to the staircases of the stage

oh & telephone was not meant to be a dance break, whoever did the sound played it with the lead vocal track still there which it shouldn't have been, hence the lip sync rumors that came with it :ladyhaha:

Omg! 10 years since she supposedly lip synced Telephone live on tour :classy:

Second time saying this for a thread :vegas:

BoomKack

I remember there being a lot of technical problems but as it was my first ever concert I had nothing to compare it to :laughga:

Catnikko
11 minutes ago, mxnster said:

is this the same date that the cylidrical screen came crashing into the stage before the twister interlude? 

crashing? :wtfga: when did that happen

Reject False Icons

Wow imagine only in one tour performing in theaters, arenas and Stadiums :saladga:

Btw I can’t imagine how stressed Gaga and her team were after errors occurring every 30 seconds 

It was a mess, I remembered being banned on GGD because I criticized the show lol

I went to the Liverpool show a couple of days later and it was perfect

Archived