💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga the last ICONIC mainstream pop star?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
Just now, FlopSlurper said:

too hot for some ppl wbk:vegas: 

Actually the flavour was just not there, too bland :vegas:

End Racism Now

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Well Billie sure is climbing fast in popularity and success 

Ariana will always be known for her vocal ability 

These are the only pop girls post Gaga that I feel will be remembered for years to come 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Rihanna was before Gaga

Oh I didn't understand it that way: I felt like the OP was implying Gaga was currently the last iconic mainstream pop star in activity :laughga:

chromadica
14 minutes ago, Smother Em Eh said:

How though? In what terms is she a icon? 
I meant iconic as in, Will she be remembered in 15-20 years from now? 

Being iconic isn't the same as having a long-lasting impact though (though yes, I do think Ariana Grande will be remembered in 15-20 years). Lady Gaga was/is iconic because she changed the face and sound of pop music, and took risks that worked in her favor. Ariana Grande is iconic because her music and image are immediately recognizable: the ponytail, the thigh-high boots and baggy sweaters. I know people like to joke about that, but it's true lol. While it's debatable if she's made a massive impact on pop music, she is still a very  iconic pop star, and probably the most iconic as of right now.

GagaOhhLaLa

Ariana Grande is the closest we have and Billie Eilish can get there if she stays and doesn’t fade away. I still don’t see Dua as iconic yet especially here in the states. 

Loyalty

Billie & Ariana are the closest but time we’ll be able to tell in 2 years. 

It’s so tragic to actually live in a time where there really aren’t any groundbreaking artists like MJ, Madonna, Whitney anymore. Everything is dry... and some of the artists that are trying just don’t seem to have that presence. 

I think she is. You can't go and say Ariana is... She's popular but not iconic. Gaga is respected by many musicians and has become a global icon and stablished herself as a multi talented artist and musician. I put her next to Michael Jackson, Madonna, etc, only that she's just in the beginning of her reign, but in years to come she'll be placed next to those artists. I can't say the same with Ariana or Rihanna etc. You could say that Ariana is iconic, but amongst kids lol

I think gaga is the last big superstar who challenged the status quo in pop culture. Definitely. I don't see any other girl bringing that much level in the game and forcing one decade of pop artists to dress up like that. 

It's not that Ariana will not be remembered, but in 20 years, I see her more like Kim Wilde kind of renown than a David Bowie. 

hello hello baby.

For now? Yes.

I can honestly only see Billie Eilish being a flash in the pan. She's gonna have a massive 3 year peak periodand then not go anywhere. But we'll see.

7 minutes ago, brucee said:

I think gaga is the last big superstar who challenged the status quo in pop culture. Definitely. I don't see any other girl bringing that much level in the game and forcing one decade of pop artists to dress up like that. 

It's not that Ariana will not be remembered, but in 20 years, I see her more like Kim Wilde kind of renown than a David Bowie. 

Exactly. Gaga's on a Madonna-MJ-like level. I haven't seen anyone like that in years and don't think we'll see one anytime very soon in the future. She was different. And she is different. And in many ways, more talented than both of them. She is successfully transcending different areas of showbiz (music, film, etc). She's highly respected in the industries and she's only a decade in to her career. I can't wait to see where Gaga goes!!

crackhead

Well we still have plenty of time for the current pop stars to become legends, and who knows who could debut in the next few years. 

Also Charli XCX, although irrelevant to the GP, has become a pretty big gay icon the past few years. She’s written a ton of hits and, IMO, has influenced a lot of artists. Her mixtapes walked so Reputation, Sweetener and Rare could run. :reductive:

Archived