Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why was dope even on ARTPOP

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RenegAde

I dont know the tea behind this but why was dope chosen to be on ARTPOP ??? Because To me its a terrible song  compared to i wanna be with you ,which is a master piece and is arguably one of gagas best ballads??........Dope doesn't even fit with the theme of ARTPOP and always seems out of place imo

So why did they choose the vocally jarring and lyrically sub-par  "dope" over the masterfully crafted ,heartfelt "i wanna be with you "?

Btw does anyone have a link i can download a high quality version of  i wanna be with you from??? Thanks

Edit: stop with the sad reactions lovelies :kiss:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music

lowkey agree

but I do love dope as well so it's not as bad for me 

but your right IWBWY is leagues better than dope 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Gaga said somewhere it's because her label thought a song about her fans wasn't relatable enough for the album so she had to put another one instead

imitalian

I feel like dope is the low after the high. 

The minimal instrumental is in contrast with the high energy pumping tracks of the album, expecially if you consider the placement in the album: after MJH (song about the fun of drugs) and Gypsy (which somehow gives hope after the depressing Dope) . 

I remember (someone correct me pls) Gaga saying that the label wanted her to make an "Adele ballad" so she did Dope as a f*ck you, youwant a ballad to cry? take this.

Kindness rules all.

TropicOfCANCER

Lmao. Dope is excellent. And it’s a perfect contrast to the insane/chaotic energy of the rest of AP. Not to mention that the content of the song reflects her experiences. Lastly, IWBWY is a cheesy mess. 

xoxo Craig

It doesn't even fit the albums aesthetics... it should have been swapped for Brooklyn Nights :vegas:  

But like IWBWU is superior to Dope in every way, glad we have both

End Racism Now

RenegAde
2 minutes ago, Poker said:

I remember (someone correct me pls) Gaga saying that the label wanted her to make an "Adele ballad" so she did Dope as a f*ck you, youwant a ballad to cry? take this.

She could  have just released the better version which is IWBWY

1 minute ago, RenegAde said:

She could  have just released the better version which is IWBWY

But as someone said above me, IWBWY is not relatable to the GP.

Kindness rules all.

Archived