đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why was dope even on ARTPOP

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RahrahWitch

I don't understand how anyone can't appreciate Dope.

Dope is deep personal and tells a story of a struggle with drug abuse and wanting to overcome it. I suppose if you haven't experienced substance/alcohol abuse yourself you wouldn't fully get it. I've seen first hand people go trough hell because of it and them wanting to get better, The song is amazing.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but honestly, IWBWU is the sad watery placenta milkshake made from the remaining feelings of Born This Way. If it was on the album, it would've probably been the one thing that would've tipped the album towards being Born This Way Pt.2.  I mean, if we look at all the songs meant to be on the album, that's what ARTPOP would have been. An EDM Born This Way. 

I Wanna Be With U belongs on Born This Way. Not ARTPOP. 

Dope belongs on the album. Because Gaga put it there. Your personal feelings does not trump her artistic choices. But Dope, I find, is far more personal. IWBWU, as I have said, is just another ballad. A cheesy ode to fans, which, in all honesty, has been poisoned by what we have become and ruins the view of the song. 

Also Dope just has the better lyrics. Sometimes subtly is not the way to go. There's just a sadness there.

Also I will forever defend Dope. Because ARTPOP to me is what Born This Way to many of you is.  It helped me through a time where I wanted to end my life everyday. 

Monster Hair

well, it was simply Gaga's (and her team) decision... i personally love "Dope", it's such a beautiful song... but if i'm honest "I Wanna Be With U" was everything for me since she performed it :messga: i was really sad when it didn't figure out on the tracklist... but as i said, i love "Dope" too so... :vegas:

RenegAde
4 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Dope is deep personal and tells a story of a struggle with drug abuse and wanting to overcome it. I suppose if you haven't experienced substance/alcohol abuse yourself you wouldn't fully get it. I've seen first hand people go trough hell because of it and them wanting to get better, The song is amazing.

I agree the message is amazing but  the question here is does it sound as amazing?

BlingNotTheMusic

I've been a monster since 2008 and IWBWY made me cringe :huntyga: Dope touched my soul :firega:

JazzGa

I am going to guess that the record label told her that a song about being famous and wanting to be with your fans is not relatable/maudlin/won't sell. They probably pressured her to re-write it and make it more relatable, so she made it about addiction and love.  I think it's kind of cool that Gaga invited two fans/monsters to help her re-write the lyrics

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

sillynate
10 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I agree the message is amazing but  the question here is does it sound as amazing?

Yes, even better than the Disney ballad

MrHappy

I agree about tha concept thing yes it doesnt fits to album and also not my fav too but I dont know why shes always sing that song so deeply and even ı dont like she always impressed me that means she is really  love that song so...thats all ı guess

RenegAde
Just now, MissKombucha said:

I just can’t stand the vocals on Dope ... 

Exactly , and the lyrics aren't exceptional so what is there to love about it?

Loyalty

I also don’t thinkthat it really fits in well with ARTPOP either, but it’s a really great song that I grew to like overtime. The emotion, the rawness in Gaga’ voice its so beautiful and vulnerable. I don’t listen to the track often, but whenever I do I really appreciate it more now :wub:

JINNOCIDE
27 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Because people can't simpatize and give 0 ****s about other people's struggles :vegas:

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

Archived