Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Born This Way (Grammys on CBS 2011)

MrDaniel

Featured Posts

MrDaniel

In Philippines, today marks the 9th anniversary of the video where Gaga performed Born This Way in the Grammys.  

Born This Way was released on February 11, 2011. At that time, it broke so many records such as the fastest selling single on iTunes.

-Fastest Selling Single on US iTunes (#1 within 3 hours of release)

-The first song to top all 23 iTunes charts simultaneously

-Fastest song to sell 1M downloads just in 5 days

Gaga performed this song at the Grammy Awards in 2011. The Grammys don't let performers do new songs very often at the ceremonies, but Gaga was the hottest thing going at the time.:heart:

MrDaniel
2 minutes ago, NNES said:

Still shook this was 9 YEARS AGO! Like dafuq... In nine years we will be in 2029 :bye:

Time flies really fast:deadbanana:

JazzGa

One of the best performances ever.... can you even top busting out a Bacchian fugue on a pipe organ made of disembodied latex alien heads? :giveup:

I miss her dancers Peanut and Michael Silas! They were so recognizable and expressive :legend:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

I still remember being, like, blown away by this at the age of 14. In retrospect, it all still holds true for me- it's such a direct and powerful and simple performance, with a kooky concept and context. For me, the performance began on the red carpet (vessel); (or, rather, when she "incubated" for a few days prior).

@the Devil of Pop I agree, especially with Peanut! She really helped defined the 2011 phase of BTW for me. Shame she wasn't on tour, or really seen with Gaga since.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived