💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did High Road flop so badly?

Adrenaliner

Featured Posts

WhiteWitch
23 hours ago, fede ARTPOP said:

This, some songs hurt my ears, GP prefer more climax songs, specially for radio. :music:

Exactly! Tonight is everything until the crowd singing, which could have been one line, but it almost ruined that song for me personally. I think I had different expectations coming from Rainbow if I’m honest, but I am glad I enjoy like 50% of high road too. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WhiteWitch
21 hours ago, Deagan said:

I got completely different reactions. People are impressed by the album when I play pieces of it to them and they didn't even know she put an album out, simply because the lead single and promo singles did not chart at all. She doesn't have momentum.

Qualitatively, HR is better than anything she's put out. Songs like Shadow, Cowboy Blues, Father Daughter Dance are great stuff.

But, being a gay niche pop musician and a bad lead single choice caused this.

Those songs listed are some of the only ones I kept. I think Shadow is her second best song. Kesha is a strong songwriter and her ballads are always a serve!

Dr Fudge

So it’s at #139 on the Billboard 200 this week... it fell back 132 positions. For whatever reason, Lana’s Born to Die charted higher this week, despite being out for 9 years.

Damn.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

boneknuckleskin
On 2/15/2020 at 7:14 PM, stevana229 said:

I feel like the public isn't really a fan of Kesha's new folky-acoustic sound. They liked her electro pop stuff. Its a shame, the worst time in Kesha's life, produced her BEST music. I don't think she'll ever go back to that sound. Kinky is the most "classic" Kesha we'll get

I hated Joanne as a whole but what I’ve heard from this album of Kesha I actually dig (as far as what I’ve heard). It’s not as fun as Timber but the singles that were released and videos I actually bopped too. I never thought it would explode like Timber and her main hits but the way people are paying her dust on social media right now has me a little shook. 

Archived