Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did High Road flop so badly?

Adrenaliner

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, ryhanna said:

Honestly, I don't really know what people expect from pop stars. 

Ke$ha has been around since 2009. That's 11 years. To have similar success after a decade of being popular isn't something that happens all the time. Considering her personal struggles, the fact that she's 11 years into her pop career and has had a drastic change in sound and image, I think High Road has done fine. 

All of this.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BARCODE
2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Not hating on Kesha but she's basically a one hit wonder that lasted a little bit more than usual, not saying the album itself it's bad  neither the rest of Kesha's music but honestly the GP isn't into her 

SEATS. Take several. 

Kesha has 3 #1 hits, 10 Top Tens. 

gagaisitalian
2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Not hating on Kesha but she's basically a one hit wonder that lasted a little bit more than usual, not saying the album itself it's bad  neither the rest of Kesha's music but honestly the GP isn't into her 

I'm going to say something "problematic".

I wouldn't say she was meant to be a one-hit wonder, but she was definitely meant to be an artist left behind. She isn't the most talented person out there and got popular off of a track similar to like...Party Rock Anthem. The reason she had more than one hit is because of how forced she was onto the public with so many albums so quickly and a lot of features. I'd say her fame and star were clearly fading during the time of Timber (even though that song was popular, it was clear her popularity as a solo artist was ending).

So the problematic part is...her court case clearly brought her attention that she wouldn't had previously had. She probably would've never been in the spotlight again with the way her artistry was going during Timber. I think people either began supporting her during Rainbow or they were old fans that were eager to help her succeed, but when all of the court stuff subsided, her old and new fans moved on because they realized she really isn't the best musician out there.

That's all.

Dr Fudge

Well, there are multiple possibilities:

1) For Rainbow, she had Praying as the lead single which resonated with a lot of people, especially considering the backstory of the song. That made people want to hear her new message and hear what she has to say on her album. Raising Hell, on the other hand, is actually kinda funny considering it’s  sheer contrast to the concept of praying. But it didn’t resonate with the gp too well. Thus the album didn’t have a good lead to generate momentum for the album equating in poor sales.

2) Alternatively, you could look at it in terms of types of songs she’s putting out. She hasn’t had a traditional pop hit since Timber back in 2013. Praying, while technically pop, wasn't the brand of high energy dance pop that Kesha was known for. Of course we shouldn’t put artists in boxes and I’m glad to see her spread her wings, but ultimately she’s trying to sell pop music again with no standout singles after 7 years without her brand of pop. Music is very different now than what it was during the early 2010s. 

3) I just don’t think promotion was strong for the album compared to previous albums.  Look at the songs chosen. Kinky, High Road, and Cowboy Blues would have been killer single choices to garner attention. Raising Hell and My Own Dance fell flat for the gp, and, while resentment is amazing, it’s not really a strong commercial song.

I think honestly she’s at a point in her life that she just wants to do her own thing regardless of how they perform. She seems really happy on the album and I hope she stays that way. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

7 minutes ago, gagaisitalian said:

I'm going to say something "problematic".

I wouldn't say she was meant to be a one-hit wonder, but she was definitely meant to be an artist left behind. She isn't the most talented person out there and got popular off of a track similar to like...Party Rock Anthem. The reason she had more than one hit is because of how forced she was onto the public with so many albums so quickly and a lot of features. I'd say her fame and star were clearly fading during the time of Timber (even though that song was popular, it was clear her popularity as a solo artist was ending).

So the problematic part is...her court case clearly brought her attention that she wouldn't had previously had. She probably would've never been in the spotlight again with the way her artistry was going during Timber. I think people either began supporting her during Rainbow or they were old fans that were eager to help her succeed, but when all of the court stuff subsided, her old and new fans moved on because they realized she really isn't the best musician out there.

That's all.

I agree with this completely. Her biggest song was gimmicky and aged poorly. It was never meant to be an “instant classic” (the way Poker Face, Like a Virgin, or even Video Games were). She was the 2000s equivalent of The Weather Girls/It’s Raining Men

freebit

She didn't have a radio hit to help promote the album and announce to everyone that Kesha is back. She's not the type of artist that can stream and sale well with no promo. She did pretty well considering all that. 

Regina George

Because it was not a good record overall. Sorry but it’s hella bad. 

What is high road?  I know it'll be rude, but her latest one was famous, because of the alleged sexual abuse. 

She's got 2 good songs a decade ago, let her disappear. 

Bradley
7 hours ago, Adrenaliner said:

What do you think? I mean going from 1 to 7 on Billboard, 63 in the UK..

What happened?

Sis, High Road's peak IS 7. It didn't debut at #1 on Billboard.

Andreu

Because the pop gheys live on a bubble and dont reslise than when they are the only ones who care or like a song or album, it cant be a success because because they are 0,1% of the population

LadyxGaGa

because that isn’t the sound anymore, you have to look at the change or the shift in the music scene and aline with what’s relèvant or not

Delusional
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

giphy.webp

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51afedfc7721a2ef96816

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51abbf39864e7f6cc001b

@Erich Johnson

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51afedfc7721a2ef96816

Sis stop name dropping me !!

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Archived