Stupid Love
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Biden Plummets in Electability, Bernie Now Leads

Featured Posts

Gagaloo92

The share of Democratic primary voters who believe Joe Biden has the best chance out of any 2020 candidate to beat President Trump has dropped to 17%, down 12 points since the New Hampshire primary, according to a Morning Consult national poll.

Why it matters: Biden's electability pitch is widely considered his core appeal as a candidate.

Biden's competitors, including Sen. Bernie Sanders, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and former Mayor Pete Buttigieg, have faced frequent electability questions surrounding their age, experience and left-wing policies.After winning in New Hampshire, Sanders now leads as the most likely candidate to beat Trump at 29%, followed by Michael Bloomberg at 25%. Both surpassed Biden in Morning Consult's post-New Hampshire poll.

Details: Underwhelming performances by Biden in Iowa and New Hampshire have hurt his candidacy. 46% of voters said Biden's showing in New Hampshire made them less likely to vote for him.

Confidence that Biden is the best candidate to beat Trump among black voters — a key voting bloc for Biden — also fell by 10 points to 21%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/biden-electability-sanders-2020-democrats-dcf4a53b-1a5d-4cde-9a79-41389975229d.html

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Lionel Hutz
11 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Sanders now leads as the most likely candidate to beat Trump at 29%, followed by Michael Bloomberg at 25%.

Ugh how can a progressive be ahead and a conservative in 2nd place

Marilyn MonHoe

Whew the way that Biden’s momentum tanked, including his support among black voters

Cheers to that :vegas:

Whispering
15 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Ugh how can a progressive be ahead and a conservative in 2nd place

Half of the party is conservative/moderate. Those votes are going to go somewhere.

• Like 1

derpmonster
1 minute ago, SpiritBunny said:

Did he do something scandalous? Explain to me girls I want the tea! 

The thing is he did nothing of real significance :vegas:

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • LMAO 1

Gagaloo92
1 minute ago, SpiritBunny said:

Did he do something scandalous? Explain to me girls I want the tea! 

Yes, he lost by a lot in the first two state elections, coming in fourth and fifth place :vegas:

With a campaign based solely on so-called electability, people aren't so reassured when you lose rather than win. 

• Like 7