Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Stranger Things 4

COOOK

Featured Posts

Also, in my opinion the Russian subplot was probably the weirdest and probably most unnescessary plitpoint last season, even if it was central to like half the characters. I kind of... hate that they’re still going forward with it.

Like, I get it? 80’s Cold War tensions? But they handled it so weirdly, after the quiet, small town tensions of the first two seasons.

Anyway, still kind of excited to watch! 

3 points in and ready for more

RAMROD

I am curious where they will take the story now. 

And how the folks gonna get to Russia or something! It was the 80s, there was cold war still at the time. Could this season gonna be at their most political? Would it turn off some people, *cough*neckbeards*cough*, cos of it?? :diane:

And will El get her power back? And does other kids trained themselves, cos, fam, they really need to. They can't keep hiding behind El's back.

I am so looking forward! :giveup:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

1 minute ago, lavenderblondee said:

Yeah, seriously. I just don't think anything could and will top s1 and that's something we have to accept. I LOVED s2 and the suspense/twists, but the storytelling/~big bad~ just wasn't as strong hitting as s1. S3 felt very weak. I didn't like the sudden shift in tone, mostly ruining Hoppers character development, and that they basically spoiled the mystery to us in the first episode and there were no twists. At this point, I'm hoping anything but a s3 copycat.

I really enjoyed season 3 but I see why someone would find it bad. My only real complaint about season 3 is how Will is just standing there.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

lavenderblondee
Just now, Miel said:

I agree. ST3 was the most fun, but also the most bland? It felt like a caricature of what they were trying to set up with a lot of character development that was set up in ST2.

Also, as @Red mentioned, the non-shocker of Hopper being trapped in Russia kind of... cheapens? The whole dramatic ending of ST3, which already forgot Billy’s death/Max’s trauma, which was weird.

MTE. Why have such an emotional and impact death just to tease he's alive at the end of said episode aaaand then make an announcement he's alive a WEEK into filming. I think it would of been better if they waited until a few episodes into s4 to tell us he's alive. It's obvious they've had this all mapped out, so this has been in the cards, but it sort of feels like his death was just for shock value, as there were numerous other ways he could of gotten taken by the russians.

Just now, RAMROD said:

Could this season gonna be at their most political?

I doubt it, Stranger Things is an homage to the 80s, they are just going to portray soviets like evil people and that's it, just like season 3

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Red said:

I doubt it, Stranger Things is an homage to the 80s, they are just going to portray soviets like evil people and that's it, just like season 3

I hope it will be entertaining either way. :gayhat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Just now, RAMROD said:

I hope it will be entertaining either way. :gayhat:

I mean, it's Stranger Things we're talking about, season three that is considered its worst season so far shits on 99% of other series anyways :vegas: 

6 hours ago, Red said:

Yeah, I think so too. Now they gotta be careful so it won't be a season 3 remake :awkney:

Well when you think about it every season is a “remake” of the previous one. Season 2 was Will having trouble again and focused on the Mind Flayer (it was on the poster), yet the Mind Flayer was actually more important in season 3. Season 3 was about the Russians, yet season 4 is the one set in Russia. It’s kind of the formula and imo that might be why people prefer season 1, since it didn’t have anything established previously. Personally I loved them all equally, with 2 being the slightly weaker one

8 hours ago, Red said:

Yeah. I think a mistake a lot of us made was believing that the series was going to do a more in-depth exploration of the 80’s, rather than just nostalgia homaging. 

Still fun either way! But that’s at least why ST3 felt a bit one note for me.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived