BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NFRatwell
3 minutes ago, OMonster said:

What happened exactly?

“If you’re a man and you’re clapping, you’re not even a part of this. You don’t understand the rules of the day. It’s women going out and getting saucy and then going home. You’re not a part,” she said.

“I don’t care if you’re gay. You don’t get a [menstruation] every 28 days,” Williams added. “You can do a lot that we do, but I get offended by the idea that we go through something you will never go through.”

“And stop wearing our skirts and our heels,” she continued, referencing the trend of gender fluid fashion, made popular by stars like Billy Porter. “Just saying, girls, what do we have for ourselves?”.

EtherealDreams
Just now, OMonster said:

What happened exactly?

She told men to “stop wearing skirts”.

Life imitates art.

Didymus

I'm satisfied. Most celebs just tweet an apology nowadays or let their assistant write up some long post on Instagram. This takes more effort, and more courage, and I believe her when she says she's more interested in "living and letting live" than forcing her personal opinion onto her audience.

We've all said stuff we didn't really mean because we had a platform and were feeling sassy. I'm not gonna "cancel" her because of this.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, OMonster said:

What happened exactly?

She wanted to make a point about how women nowadays are allowing men to appropriate feminine traits for entertainment purposes (drag, female fashion for men à la Billy Porter), which she considers to be problematic: she interprets it as women not standing up for themselves, and it being another form of males subjecting females to subordination :oprah:

Instead she said gay men need to stop wearing heels and that they'll never be the woman that she is, no matter how much of a f-g they are :messga:

NFRatwell
Just now, Didymus said:

I'm satisfied. Most celebs just tweet an apology nowadays or let their assistant write up some long post on Instagram. This takes more effort, and more courage, and I believe her when she says she's more interested in "living and let living" than forcing her personal opinion onto her audience.

We've all said stuff we didn't really mean because we had a platform and were feeling sassy. I'm not gonna "cancel" her because of this.

Except she does this **** over and over again. As soon as there is a backlash she retracts her statements and pretends to be an ally. Just like when she made a mock out of Phoenix for having a cleft lip, and the whole internet had to remind her to stop being ignorant. I’m sorry, making mistakes is a thing, I get it, but she goes on that show all the time to disrespect and making fun of whole communities, hoping everyone agrees with her. Lol. 

RenegAde
Just now, NFRockwell said:

Except she does this **** over and over again. As soon as there is a backlash she retracts her statements and pretends to be an ally. Just like when she made a mock out of Phoenix for having a cleft lip, and the whole internet had to remind her to stop being ignorant. I’m sorry, making mistakes is a thing, I get it, but she goes on that show all the time to disrespect and making fun of whole communities, hoping everyone agrees with her. Lol. 

Do you watch her show?

Archived