TheSlash

#2 Anything Like Me

Anything-Like-Me.jpg

Average score: 9.27

Highest score: 11 -  @ProjectJoanne @Esteban

Lowest score: 6.5 - @Marges

Comment(s):

@ProjectJoanne : DESERVED bop! :fthis:

@SimonSays : I thought it would a slow song but I was surprised. This is the perfect contradiction to the That Poppy character. You shouldn’t be anything like her. One of my favorite tracks.

@Esteban : "Sorry for what I've become because I'm becoming someone". It seems that Poppy the robot turns slowly into a real person!

Once again there is a little Billie's touch with the minimalistic but futuristic production until the prechorus, very industrial (we can find this nu metal/indus inspiration throughought all the album. Yes!). I love the solo of guitar during the bridge, spooky and british. I love the acoustic and melancholic outro, so dreamy and popy. The whole thing is kind of psychedelic too, as if marylin manson did music in 70's for Z movies

Poppy about the song:

It’s one of my favorites on the album. I can’t wait to play [it] on tour. The hook, “You’ll never be anything like me/You shouldn’t be anything like me,” the significance [is] it’s about a personal trial and what I went through. I think it’s one of the ones if you know, you know. I don’t really want to explain too much.

Listen to the song below:

Spoiler

#1 and WINNER Don’t Go Outside

Dont-Go-Outside.jpg

Average score: 9.51

Highest score: 11 - @unMANiCURED @Musicisfreedom

Lowest score: 7 - @Blue Madonna

Comment(s):

@ProjectJoanne : GREAT ending!!! LOVED all the other song references and lines at the end, that was beautiful!:heart:

@SimonSays : The best way to finish the album. Oh and the outro is so beautiful. I love the guitar. It’s like the final scene of some kind of movie. I have no idea on how to describe it.

@Esteban : I like the fact that a desperate progressive guitar arpeggio (like in Hotel California) is here through the whole song and slowly get strength. Then an industrial hip hop rythm is added. And a spooky "garage rock" guitar and a theremin take the stage and it's time for the second part of the song with some "drone" acid layers. Then a cool guitar solo (which is became the signature of this album because they are really incisive and abusive and turns the album into something coherent at the end). To finish, this song ends on the epic and soft medley of "I disagree/Concrete/ Fill the crown"...

"You can be anyone you want to be..." seems to respond to her previous question "Am I a girl?" released in 2018. Now Poppy can live the life she wants and I'm excited for the next :D

Poppy about the song:

‘Don’t Go Outside’ was written in 2 parts. The acoustic section at the beginning was written a year before we recorded the song as a whole I stumbled up the voice memo on my computer. I got very emotional when I found it again and knew I needed it for the record.

Listen to the song below:

Spoiler

Ew, David!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

The lowest score was already revealed --> 2 by @Marges at "Nothing I Need" :tea: 

:teehee:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

TheSlash

Final ranking:

#10 Nothing I Need ( 7.07)

#9 Bite Your Teeth (7.20)

#8 Sick of the Sun (8.25)

#7 Sit/Stay (8.50)

#6 Fill the Crown (8.79)

#5 I Disagree ( 8.99)

#4 Concrete (9.00)

#3 BLOODMONEY (9.04)

#2 Anything Like Me (9.27)

#1 Don't Go Outside (9.51)

Ew, David!

Just now, ProjectJoanne said:

Woah, that was REALLY unexpected :wtfga:

We can never win :bradley:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

3 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Lowest score: 6.5 - @Marges

I blame you for this :grr:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Neight Shayde

fun fact i just listened to the album again and now realized how good DGO really is. Not #1 song-worthy imo but still great

wendy williams omg GIF

TheSlash

Final fun fact:

From the 1,414 possible points, 1,198.75 were given. This gives the album an average approval rating of 84.78% or 4.3/5 .

The average points given per participant are 85.63 .

Ew, David!

TheSlash
1 minute ago, BrothaGaga said:

fun fact i just listened to the album again and now realized how good DGO really is. Not #1 song-worthy imo but still great

wendy williams omg GIF

Bish, I've been listening to this album since the beginning of this ceremony :laughga: . Actually, DGO is currently playing - what a conclusion to this ceremony :bradley: 

Ew, David!

TheSlash

Dear participants,

this is it. This was the ceremony to my megarate to 'I Disagree' by Poppy :legend: . Despite being totally shocked by some results, I think and hope that y'all had fun participating :kara: . Have all a wonderful time and see y'all in the next megarate :pray: 

Down, let it all burn down
Burn it to the ground
We'll be safe and sound
When it all burns down
Let it all burn down
Burn it to the ground
We'll be safe and sound

Burn it to the ground
You can be anyone you want to be
Burn it to the ground

Down (bury me six feet deep)
Let it all burn down (and just cover me in concrete, please)
Burn it to the ground
Down (bury me six feet deep)
Let it all burn down (and just cover me in concrete, please)
Burn it to the ground

Ew, David!

Archived