• Last Reply
TheSlash

#3 BLOODMONEY

Bloodmoney.jpg

Average score: 9.04

Highest score: 11 - @TheSlash @BrothaGaga

Lowest score: 6 - @ProjectJoanne

Comment(s):

@SimonSays : This track is perfection. I love the noise, the lyrics, everything! This song deserves recognition. My favorite lines are the spoken ones.

@Esteban : "What do you believe when everyone is watching? What do you believe when nobody is watching?"

Schyzophrenia, double personality are one the main theme on this album and this song shows pretty well the dichotomia between private and public thoughts

Concerning the music we can hear industrial pc music. Angry verses, sick drop, neurasthenic depressed spoken parts. Her flow is interesting and I like the arabian influences during the chorus. In the straight continution of "Voicemail" which is on her previous EP "Choke". The guitar solo during the bridge is pretty good too. And the grungy acoustic outro is on point. This track is kind of Billie Eylishesque. It's the first track on this LP which hits me hard!

Poppy about the song:

It was one of the last songs we wrote for the record and when I was going through a transitional stage. I was realizing a lot of things for the first time, and a lot of things I thought were true ended up to be the opposite. Titanic and I were in the studio, and he wasn’t really feeling like writing a song, but I was like, “No, I have these words. You need to make a song.” It’s about hypocrisy and subtly, but not so subtly about my understanding or misunderstanding of religion and Christianity.

Listen to the song below:

Spoiler

Ew, David!

Just now, TheSlash said:

@ProjectJoanne A rating of 6? Girl.....what is you doin' ? :grr: 

I just prefer other songs, and I’m not much of a fan of heavy distortion so :teehee:

TheSlash

What do you think will be #1? Will it be Don’t Go Outside? Or will it be Anything Like Me?

Discuss and find out soon™ :legend: 

Ew, David!

LadyxGaGa
1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

What do you think will be #1? Will it be Don’t Go Outside? Or will it be Anything Like Me?

deff don’t go outside for the win

4 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

2 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

deff don’t go outside for the win

The opposite :vegas:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

TheSlash

Also, stay tuned, as I will reveal some final statistics about the megarate shortly after the reveal of #2 and #1 :pray: 

Ew, David!

1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

Also, stay tuned, as I will reveal some final statistics about the megarate shortly after the reveal of #2 and #1 :pray: 

I want to see who's the most tasteless of them all

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

TheSlash
1 minute ago, Enzo said:

I want to see who's the most tasteless of them all

The lowest score was already revealed --> 2 by @Marges at "Nothing I Need" :tea: 

Ew, David!

Archived