💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

There is nothing impressive about Billie, but...

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uniquecorn
4 hours ago, funkyhaus said:

tea GIF

I just mean in the sense that people are hyping Billie up (comparable to Gaga this time 10 years ago), I just don’t see Billie holding onto people’s interest in the way our Gags has :ally:

Exactly, also because Gaga naturally aroused curiosity and news. And she was able to sustain it, because TALENT and of course because of her masterpiece -  the mysterious and eccentric persona of Lady Gaga.

And with Billie... it seems forced... People are just riding on this hype train that's bound to crash... Sadly, I don't think she has anything more to offer... James Bond could give her second wind... but for how long.....

People and the media are just probably also desperate for a new pop icon with really big hits ala 2010's, especially given the music scene situation today :saladga:. That's why we're all quick to label upcoming artists as the New "Madonna" the new "Gaga" etc even if they're not up to par.

I think she has a unique way to carry emotions and a very mature voice for such a young girl. 

She has that teenager moan (Daria says high) but it's not too much, perfect dose of everything. and i hope she explores more areas in music. I can't wait to see her grow as an artist. 

hello hello baby.

SuperSunset

What i don't get is that people act like  her live performances are actually good or can't be criticized because it's a "different" style when in reality it actually isn't.Lana and Melanie martinez also have similar type of style and they can still put out far better performances compared to her (esp. Melanie lana is improving too)

FlopSlurper
5 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

That's how I used to feel about Lana Del Rey.

But now I stan. :ally:

this is how everyone used to feel about lana, but somehow now the same people who praise lana drag billie :messga:

FlopSlurper
4 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

I think she’s nothing special.

however, she’s still better than all these basic faves that y’all worship (Ex. Ava Max, Dua Lipa).

I can respect the artistry of her brother, who I believe is the brains and brilliance behind Billie Eilish.

you did not just put dula THE peep and ava max in the same category :what:

Moonlight on Water

she's interesting, pretty, talented.

i'd like to see more variation in her tone of voice and i'd like to see her become a better advocate for mental health because the music video for all i ever wanted was pretty depressing and i think it could turn people more negative than positive. spreading awareness is one thing . . . spreading negativity is another.

she/her

I do enjoy some of her songs but sadly I don’t see that spark or freshness some people do on here, I skip her songs it they come up on shuffle most of the time now.

I do hope people realise you can critique without being bitchy though and vice versa with not being bitchy to people expressing their negative opinion of Billie’s music.  Seems like some people on this site take it as a personal attack on them if someone says they don’t like her music :selena:

heauxmatica

funkyhaus
6 hours ago, androiduser said:

maybe because she's , you know... a different type of an artist?

The Sound of Music tribute completely rebranded Gaga and changed a lot of people’s opinions of her, she went from being a weird pop star to someone with recognised vocal talent. 
My point was when people get bored of Billies shtick, she may not have it as easy to become something else

Beware 

That repetitive user is coming to say that this site is awful and how much it hates on Billie for no reason, also coming to call you Madonna nation stan or something :teehee:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

I think that people were looking for a new "Gaga" or something and Billie was the closets thing :ohwell:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

9 hours ago, giskardsb said:

Read the Lyrics of her songs, which IMO are basically dark poetry much of the time, and Listen how the vocal approach and production are a perfect fit.     That is what is so appealing, not some technical measure.  Its the entire package.

I love her stuff, and I am far from 12 years old lol.

I don't care if she will have longevity or not, When We Fall Asleep Where Do We Go is a great album even if she doesn't do anything else.  

41 year old musician chiming in and I couldn't agree more with what you said. Plus her voice is like butter. People can hate all they want but when I listened to her a couple years back I just knew, just thought wow that's really cool, you don't hear that much in mainstream music. It's like a great indie artist got public recognition. It's for the exact reasons you said the lyrics and chord progressions fit perfectly. It's nothing that hasn't been done sonically it's just very good. Also her voice is unique enough I don't see her going anywhere. (Not saying you, but I know that's what many on here would like to see). I'll give her another prop, although I don't think the Bond Song is her best work (it's not bad by any stretch) she's ACTUALLY RELEASING MUSIC, and don't give me the Star is Born rebuttals. That was studio collaborations. None of those songs where Lady Gaga (although also not bad material, just not Hers alone). Another thing about Billie and Finneas's stuff. Those songs can be played in any way a still hit just as hard (acoustic, electric, backbeat) and that to me has always been the Mark or great music. 

ProfessionalClown
10 hours ago, Gypsy Life said:

12 year old boys need something to make them feel k00l & edgy, and she does just that. The bar is on the ground.

Bury a Friend is about sleep paralysis and her fears taking over 

Xanny is about her fear for all her friends who abuse drugs knowing that some already died from it.

All The Good Girls Go To Hell is basically about climate change and we need to stop.

Listen Before I Go is basically a whole suicide note.

Hostage (from my viewpoint) is about toxicly loving someone so much that you want to have them forever and never let them leave, even against their will.

This **** can be directed for 12 year olds, but that's because these can give emotions to any ages. I can see the "edginess" and all that but don't downplay that she doesnt have talent. Her and her brother write everything together and produce a lot on their own, even a whole album.

9 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

I think she’s nothing special.

however, she’s still better than all these basic faves that y’all worship (Ex. Ava Max, Dua Lipa).

I can respect the artistry of her brother, who I believe is the brains and brilliance behind Billie Eilish.

I somewhat agree, but it doesn't work without her voice. Have you heard his solo stuff?

Archived