Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

There is nothing impressive about Billie, but...

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

As I was listening to Billie’s new Bond song I realize that my reaction to most of her stuff is the same. And that is that I never find her music, performances, or videos impressive in any way but there is always something that I like. Another way to explain it is that she always does enough to grab my attention and for me to end up liking some of her music even though I am still left with a feeling of “that’s it?”.

What do you think?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that everyone seems to see this girl as the Second Coming and, although I like her message, there is nothing new or innovative about her. A good marketing strategy though.

Lorde seems to me much more talented (pity she just seems to have turned to the commercial side of things).

Monster in Scotland

Gypsy Life

12 year old boys need something to make them feel k00l & edgy, and she does just that. The bar is on the ground.

Jose P
2 minutes ago, GAGAXABO said:

Lorde seems to me much more talented (pity she just seems to have turned to the commercial side of things).

What do you mean by that?

funkyhaus

I do like her but I feel like she could potentially fizzle out over time, like I can’t ever see her having her Sound of Music Tribute moment, (or any of the countless times Gaga showcased her vocals to regain interest). 

giskardsb

Read the Lyrics of her songs, which IMO are basically dark poetry much of the time, and Listen how the vocal approach and production are a perfect fit.     That is what is so appealing, not some technical measure.  Its the entire package.

I love her stuff, and I am far from 12 years old lol.

I don't care if she will have longevity or not, When We Fall Asleep Where Do We Go is a great album even if she doesn't do anything else.  

Glamourpuss
3 minutes ago, funkyhaus said:

I agree, I do like her but I feel like she could potentially fizzle out over time, like I can’t ever see her having her Sound of Music Tribute moment, (or any of the countless times Gaga showcased her vocals to regain interest). 

Nobody has those moments. Gaga is rare. 

2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Read the Lyrics of her songs, which IMO are basically dark poetry much of the time, and Listen how the vocal approach and production are a perfect fit.     That is what is so appealing, not some technical measure.  Its the entire package.

I love her stuff, and I am far from 12 years old lol.

That is exactly what I am trying to say. She has everything well measured or connected and she is overall a good package but no one single component seems impressive to me.

funkyhaus
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

Nobody has those moments. Gaga was rare. 

tea GIF

I just mean in the sense that people are hyping Billie up (comparable to Gaga this time 10 years ago), I just don’t see Billie holding onto people’s interest in the way our Gags has :ally:

TheSlash

I just can speak from my perspective, a 24 year old guy. What I get drawn to is the topics she sings about in her songs, paired with Finneas' amazing production skills.

I can imagine that her style is not everybody's cup of :tea: , but you have to consider that she is the first artist that speaks to a younger generation for a very long time. The same happened 11 years ago with us and Gaga. Back then she gave us, the LGBTQ+ community ( and everybody else ) a safe haven, and now Billie does the same for young people struggling with mental health as she opens up about her own problems. And you should respect that, imo.

Also, give her time. She is still so early in her career to say anything qualified about her longevity. I think right now she's at the same point in her career as Gaga was during TFM and pre-BTW ( popularity-wise, ofc ). Time will tell how she will be remembered and what career she will have had.

Ew, David!

Cookie Tookie

I think she’s nothing special.

however, she’s still better than all these basic faves that y’all worship (Ex. Ava Max, Dua Lipa).

I can respect the artistry of her brother, who I believe is the brains and brilliance behind Billie Eilish.

myusername

Billie's from the best this miserable generation of artists can offer to you but  it still pretty unimpressive. Poor generation. 

PD: To the kindergarten, don't cry please. 

Here's a sad image for you to pretend you're depressed, it's "billie's lyrics belike".

c00.jpg

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

52 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Dua Lipa

Dua is creating far better music than Billie though. Her new album is shaping up to be pop perfection. Not to mention she looks amazing. 

Archived