šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

There is nothing impressive about Billie, but...

Quark

Featured Posts

On 2/14/2020 at 4:51 AM, GAGAXABO said:

Lorde seems to me much more talented (pity she just seems to have turned to the commercial side of things).

Lorde who? I almost forgot about her :selena:
She was just a one season regular pop star :huntyga:
And Kesha is going to the same direction :bye:

My name isn't Alice

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, ZwRaven said:

You're allowed to dislike her just as much as I am to like her. At least you do it respectful. A lot on here do not.

There are many Billie fans on this site that can't stand any form of dislike. But needless to say, I agree.

LadyxGaGa
23 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

You aren't guilting me but there are people that try to, trust me. :rip:Ā The amount of posts of people deflecting and saying that she is vegan and a teenager and all of that, also that she did her album in the bathroom. Like, if I don't enjoy the album it could've been made anywhere but the quality in the final product is the same.

They are overhyping her because act like she is a musical revelation and the Second Coming while she is just not.. Her music is mediocre but the bling and image attracts I guess.Ā 

I enjoy all sorts of music styles and like experimental music, it's not this that is pushing me back from liking her music.

To sum up, it's not the fact that she is on top, is the fact that she doesn't deserve to be there.Ā 

okay but then who should be on top? like absolutes like that is what I donā€™t really agree with, like rn she is just getting her 15 mins of fame, sheā€™s new. sheā€™s fresh. sheā€™s young. itā€™s a triple threat for hollywood, I feel like itā€™s what she does to extend her 15 to 20 to 30 mins of fame is when we can really judge her artistic merit. right now she is on top simply for being brand new, not necessarily her music, plus we as american love to watch an up and comer come from nothing and have everythingĀ 

Jose P
15 minutes ago, Kapi09 said:

Lorde who? I almost forgot about her :selena:
She was just a one season regular pop star :huntyga:
Ā 

Umm no maā€™am. Lorde is one of the most refreshing, artistic, and talented pop artists at the moment. Melodrama was absolutely exquisite and considered one of the best of the decade. Commercial success =/= quality or talent.

LadyxGaGa
17 minutes ago, ZwRaven said:

You're allowed to dislike her just as much as I am to like her. At least you do it respectful. A lot on here do not.

true that, tbh I like when we can come together and have civilized arguments about a topic, itā€™s not about one being better than another, itā€™s about talkingĀ out difference but within that finding common groundĀ 

FfFfFfFF
7 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

okay but then who should be on top? like absolutes like that is what I donā€™t really agree with, like rn she is just getting her 15 mins of fame, sheā€™s new. sheā€™s fresh. sheā€™s young. itā€™s a triple threat for hollywood, I feel like itā€™s what she does to extend her 15 to 20 to 30 mins of fame is when we can really judge her artistic merit. right now she is on top simply for being brand new, not necessarily her music, plus we as american love to watch an up and comer come from nothing and have everythingĀ 

New =/= talented, deserving of hype or good

FreshĀ  =/= talented, deserving of hype or good

Young =/= talented, deserving of hype or good

These 3 words just describe her being on top but don't explain it so Ireally don't get your point.Ā :huh:Ā Moreover, she can be 5 or 50, the music quality is the same and her age is completely unrelated to it.

I'm not American either, btw. :poot:Ā I'm allĀ about seeing people having everything, just do it with good music.

Queen Bitch

She is only 18 years old and already has big hits and millions ofĀ followers on social media. She won the 4 biggestĀ Grammy categories in one night, as only the second person ever. She has released a Bond song as the youngest person ever, and basically has the Oscar for best original song already.Ā 

I'm not the biggest fan of her, but I'd say there is something impressive about her, though it may not be her music.Ā 

LadyxGaGa
3 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

New =/= talented, deserving of hype or good

FreshĀ  =/= talented, deserving of hype or good

Young =/= talented, deserving of hype or good

These 3 words just describe her being on top but don't explain it so Ireally don't get your point.Ā :huh:Ā Moreover, she can be 5 or 50, the music quality is the same and her age is completely unrelated to it.

I'm not American either, btw. :poot:Ā I'm allĀ about seeing people having everything, just do it with good music.

I mean those words really help cement your stardom, we all love seeing someone come from a complete unknown to notoriety overnight and she did that, I didnā€™t use talent because thatā€™s subjective. but we all know her being incredibly young, she is new in the sense that this is a debut album and fresh in the sense that we havenā€™t really heard songs like this in such a mainstream aspect. I am trying to be objective instead of subjectiveĀ 

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

I mean those words really help cement your stardom, we all love seeing someone come from a complete unknown to notoriety overnight and she did that, I didnā€™t use talent because thatā€™s objective. but we all know her being incredibly young, she is new in the sense that this is a debut album and fresh in the sense that we havenā€™t really heard songs like this in such a mainstream aspect. I am trying to be objective instead of subjectiveĀ 

Again how does this prove she deserves the success? You just describingĀ the state of facts aka her being on top but neither of your points proves she deserves the hype and success and you are still subjective.Ā 

Everything i ever wanted will surely be my favorite single released this year. I dont think shes all that, i can say in fact she isnt. But pop music is not about talent, its about connecting with big public. She resonates with this generation and is creating a new kind of pop star, more than lorde, as some people are mentioning. Lorde was about the era but billie seems like some anti hero britney. Like ive seen many kids with the green black hairdo exactly lie hers for ex

On 2/13/2020 at 10:54 PM, giskardsb said:

Read the Lyrics of her songs, which IMO are basically dark poetry much of the time,Ā and Listen how the vocal approach and production are a perfect fit. Ā  Ā  That is what is so appealing, not some technical measure. Ā Its the entire package.

I love her stuff, and I am far from 12 years old lol.

I don't care if she will have longevity or not, When We Fall Asleep Where Do We Go is a great album even if she doesn't do anything else. Ā 

Ā 

If itā€™s not upbeat dance pop theyā€™re uninterested. If itā€™s not packaged in a way thatā€™s appealing to them itā€™s just not pop itā€™s just not good I stopped taking these opinions seriously long ago because you know the lyrics donā€™t mean a thing to themĀ 

On 2/13/2020 at 11:04 PM, Cookie Tookie said:

I think sheā€™s nothing special.

however, sheā€™s still better than all these basic faves that yā€™all worship (Ex. Ava Max, Dua Lipa).

I can respect the artistry of her brother, who I believe is the brains and brilliance behind Billie Eilish.

Dont bring Dua into this... Her one iconic dance move is legendary.Ā :fthis:

Ā 

:stalkga:

giskardsb
23 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Again how does this prove she deserves the success? You just describingĀ the state of facts aka her being on top but neither of your points proves she deserves the hype and success and you are still subjective.Ā 

I mean, what does someone need to do to prove they "deserve" success? Ā  There are literally thousands of musicians and vocalists you've never heard of more objectively talented than 99% of pop stars.Ā 

Thomas P
On 2/13/2020 at 10:59 PM, funkyhaus said:

tea GIF
Ā 

I just mean in the sense that people are hyping Billie up (comparable to Gaga this time 10 years ago), I just donā€™t see Billie holding onto peopleā€™s interest in the way our Gags hasĀ :ally:

People said the same about gaga though so weā€™ll have to see

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

FfFfFfFF
4 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

I mean, what does someone need to do to prove they "deserve" success? Ā  There are literally thousands of musicians you've never heard of more objectively talented than 99% of pop stars.Ā 

Simple, have non-underwhelming music.

Archived