💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna Earns 50th BB Dance Club Songs #1

Hades

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

I'm from Germany and I have never heard any Madonna song at straight clubs.

Interesting.. I was at a festival or something like that in Berlin last year and they played La isla Bonita. 

What kind of straight clubs did you attend, grüne Hose, Bier und Jodel? 

madonna GIF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MessyTop

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/chart-beat/8551014/madonna-milestone-50th-no-1-dance-club-songs-chart?__twitter_impression=true

Madonna Achieves Milestone 50th No. 1 on Dance Club Songs Chart With 'I Don't Search I Find'

The Queen of Pop is the first act ever to score as many as 50 No. 1s on any single Billboard chart.

Madonna earns her record-extending, landmark 50th No. 1 on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart, as "I Don't Search I Find" rises 2-1 on the Feb. 22-dated survey.

The chart, and all rankings dated Feb. 22, will refresh on Billboard.com on Wednesday, Feb. 19 (a day later than usual due to the Presidents' Day holiday in the U.S. on Monday, Feb. 17).

"Search" was remixed for clubs by, among others, Honey Dijon, Endor and DJLW.

With 50 No. 1s on Dance Club Songs, which measures reports submitted by a national sample of club DJs (and which launched as a national survey in the Billboard issue dated Aug. 28, 1976), Madonna outpaces runner-up Rihanna, who has notched 33 No. 1s. Beyoncéand Janet Jackson follow with 22 and 20 leaders, respectively.

Madonna Achieves Milestone 50th No. 1 on Dance Club Songs Chart With 'I Don't Search I Find'

The Queen of Pop is the first act ever to score as many as 50 No. 1s on any single Billboard chart.

Madonna performs onstage during the 2019 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 1, 2019 in Las Vegas.

Rob Latour/Shutterstock

Madonna earns her record-extending, landmark 50th No. 1 on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart, as "I Don't Search I Find" rises 2-1 on the Feb. 22-dated survey.

The chart, and all rankings dated Feb. 22, will refresh on Billboard.com on Wednesday, Feb. 19 (a day later than usual due to the Presidents' Day holiday in the U.S. on Monday, Feb. 17).

"Search" was remixed for clubs by, among others, Honey Dijon, Endor and DJLW.

With 50 No. 1s on Dance Club Songs, which measures reports submitted by a national sample of club DJs (and which launched as a national survey in the Billboard issue dated Aug. 28, 1976), Madonna outpaces runner-up Rihanna, who has notched 33 No. 1s. Beyoncéand Janet Jackson follow with 22 and 20 leaders, respectively.

With the coronation, Madonna additionally becomes the first act to have scored at least one No. 1 on Dance Club Songs in five separate decades, having tallied nine in the 1980s, 13 in the '90s, 18 in the 2000s, nine in the '10s and, now, one (so far) in the '20s.

Madonna is also the first act ever to score as many as 50 No. 1s on any single Billboardchart, extending her record over George Strait, who has earned 44 leaders on Hot Country Songs.

"Search" is the fourth Dance Club Songs leader from Madonna's album Madame X, which arrived as her ninth No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart in June 2019. It follows "Medellín," with Maluma (June 29), "I Rise" (Aug. 31) and "Crave," with Swae Lee (Nov. 16). The set is her first to generate four chart-topping hits since Confessions on a Dance Floor yielded a quartet in 2005-06: "Hung Up," "Sorry," "Get Together" and "Jump."

"Search" further marks Madonna's 10th consecutive Dance Club Songs No. 1, her longest such streak. (Katy Perry holds the record with 18 straight No. 1s in 2009-17.) Twice before, Madonna managed seven No. 1s in a row, first with "Causing a Commotion," from the Who's That Girl soundtrack (1987), through "Justify My Love," from her first greatest hits set, The Immaculate Collection(1991), and then with Ray of Light's "Nothing Really Matters" (1999) through Music's "Impressive Instant" (2001). Madonna's current run began with "Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., in 2012.

In honor of Madonna's latest achievement, here is an updated look at her historic 50 Dance Club Songs No. 1s, a run that began with the double-sided single "Holiday"/"Lucky Star," which reached the top the week dated Sept. 24, 1983. You'll notice that one of her No. 1s is an entire album: You Can Dance(1988), a collection of mostly remixes of previously-released songs (and one then-new cut, "Spotlight"). Prior to Feb. 23, 1991, the chart wasn't always song-specific and full albums were, at various points, allowed to chart. (For titles that spent multiple weeks at No. 1, total frames in the lead are noted in parentheses.)

Madonna's 50 Dance Club Songs No. 1s
1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)
1984, "Like a Virgin" (three)
1985, "Material Girl"
1985, "Angel"/"Into the Groove"
1987, "Open Your Heart"
1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"
1988, "You Can Dance (LP Cuts)"
1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
1989, "Express Yourself" (three)

1990, "Keep It Together"
1990, "Vogue" (two)
1991, "Justify My Love" (two)
1992, "Erotica"
1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
1993, "Fever"
1994, "Secret" (two)
1995, "Bedtime Story"
1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"
1998, "Frozen" (two)
1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)
1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)

2000, "American Pie"
2000, "Music" (five)
2001, "Don't Tell Me"
2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)
2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
2003, "American Life"
2003, "Hollywood"
2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spearsfeaturing Madonna (two)
2004, "Nothing Fails"
2004, "Love Profusion"
2005, "Hung Up" (four)
2006, "Sorry" (two)
2006, "Get Together"
2006, "Jump" (two)
2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
2008, "Give It 2 Me"
2009, "Celebration"

2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
2012, "Turn Up the Radio"
2015, "Living for Love"
2015, "Ghosttown"
2015, "B**** I'm Madonna," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj
2019, "Medellín," Madonna & Maluma
2019, "I Rise"
2019, "Crave," Madonna & Swae Lee

2020, "I Don't Search I Find"

Economy

1983 to 2006 at least 1 every year?????? :omg:

That's 23 years in a row :duck:

Even for a dance chart (which is easier for pop artists to go #1) that's still a crazy impressive run!

Edit: no 1986 and 1996... But still :messga:

MasterOfPuppets
5 hours ago, Widows Kiss said:

I'm from Germany and I have never heard any Madonna song at straight clubs.

I'm from Germany too and Music gets played on like every 2000's party I ever went to (at leas where I live). It also seems as if radio stations startet playing some of her older stuff more frequently since last year or so, I hear Like A Prayer and La Isla Bonita a lot.

Her youtube stats are now better too. Her team organised her channel and La isla bonita/hung up/bitch im Madonna are slaying. :party:

mr.peter

I always wondered how they collect data for this chart. Do Clubs/Djs have to submit what they played to billboard ? 

So weird to me 

15 hours ago, Jose P said:

I mean at least the clubs are playing her music, it’s nice to see she’s still being appreciated and played this far into her career enough to top the Dance Club Charts.

are they lol? I haven't heard a recent Madonna song being played for years.

I think apart from her fans, nobody listens to her right now. I did kind of like this song on Madame X though. Very 80s.

Jose P
Just now, Deagan said:

are they lol? I haven't heard a recent Madonna song being played for years.

That’s literally what the Dance Club Songs Chart is, the most popular songs in nightclubs across the US. So her topping the chart means she’s being played a lot.

4 minutes ago, Jose P said:

That’s literally what the Dance Club Songs Chart is, the most popular songs in nightclubs across the US. So her topping the chart means she’s being played a lot.

Yeah I don't think so. They don't know what is playing where. It's literally just the sales of a single applied to the genre of the song. Which is why Gaga has You and I as a Dance Single Sales #1 lol.

Jose P
37 minutes ago, mr.peter said:

I always wondered how they collect data for this chart. Do Clubs/Djs have to submit what they played to billboard ? 

So weird to me 

According to Wikipedia, they get it from reports from a national sample of disc jockeys.

Archived