💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

I think some Gaga fans hate Billie because...

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

Dr Fudge

Preface- I actually like Billie! But I recognize there are a lot of fans who dislike her.

I think a possible reason why is that subconsciously they realize that Billie has the career that Lana should have had. They have the similar whisper singing song style and typically slower songs that experiment with lots of cool effects. Obviously different, but it’s a pretty different song style compared to a lot of mainstream artists. Stands out. A lot of Gaga fans also stan Lana and despite the fact that we know how amazing she is, the general public doesn’t hear her on mainstream radio. She never blew up in commercial culture beyond summertime sadness. So now Billie is doing that similar style and the gp is eating her up.  I feel like Lana should have had that.

Thoughts?

Discuss :nails: or trash my psycho butt. Idc. :gaysia:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

I don't really know anything about her, but it's largely because I find that look on her face irritating.  It's normal for a teenager, but she just looks like she has a chip on her shoulder.   And there was a really cringe social media moment from her that turned me off.

Probably just reminds me of myself at that age and it's self hate.  :saladga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Ryusei

No the reason is because she is hailed as the second coming of jesus and never questioned on her skills (except by gay stans) when gaga‘s skill was always questioned despite her having proven her abilities as an entertainer countless times. So they are jealous that gaga didnt get this treatment.

Musery

Thomas P

Don’t open up this can of worms lol. Some people just don’t like her, and I respect that cause at the end of the day, music is subjective 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

elijahfan

I don't really see any similarity between Lana and Billie, I think you're overthinking it. The truth is: Billie is the hot girl now and is skyrocketing the way Gaga did back in the days while changing the musical and artistic landscape in the process. Little Monsters are basically turning into circa-2008 Madonna fans, and in 10 years, another newbie is gonna come along and make Billie stans mad.

Dr Fudge
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

I don't really see any similarity between Lana and Billie, I think you're overthinking it. The truth is: Billie is the hot girl now and is skyrocketing the way Gaga did back in the days while changing the musical and artistic landscape in the process. Little Monsters are basically turning into circa-2008 Madonna fans, and in 10 years, another newbie is gonna come along and make Billie stans mad.

Actually this though :legend:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

I think it’s just cyclical tastes in music, her style is in vogue now just as Gaga’s was 10 years ago.  People grow up but if your formative music years are Gaga then often you won’t enjoy Billie’s style as it’s not exactly electro pop.

People who get angry at others online though are just pressed, it’s just music and is embarrassing :selena:

heauxmatica

stevana229

Im really not a fan of her whole "I hate myself and im suicidal" aesthetic she has going on... I feel like thats why so many teens relate to her, honestly. and im not fan of any of her songs. Everything I Wanted is by far her best work.

HoneyB
1 minute ago, stevana229 said:

Im really not a fan of her whole "I hate myself and im suicidal" aesthetic she has going on... I feel like thats why so many teens relate to her, honestly. and im not fan of any of her songs. Everything I Wanted is by far her best work.

I respect your opinion on her songs but Billie doesn’t have a “I hate myself I’m suicidal” aesthetic:emma: that’s because she IS suicidal, she said so in an interview, all she’s doing is channeling her thoughts/feelings into her music and I feel like a lot of teens can relate to her because she IS a teen and a lot of them go through those dark feelings of suicide and depression. So in that sense I wouldn’t call it an aesthetic but something she genuinely goes through as a human.

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

blankpaper
2 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

This thread makes it sound like it’s some internalized issue when in reality I just genuinely don’t care for her music. This question is getting old. People who theorize about why she’s disliked make it sound like she is someone who deserves universal acclaim and anyone who denies it must have a personal problem. 

There are some people who have such extreme visceral reactions to anything about Billie that it has to be about more than just not liking her music. I think the op is referring to that more than the people who just simply don’t like her sound 

reality’s tight if the music is right

HoneyB

I feel like it’s for the best if we stop creating Billie related threads unless it’s specifically about her music because we seem to continually get the same threads every time Billie releases something. These threads only allow for people to bash her and for delulus to say “shEs a ThrEat tO GaGa” like, there will never be a conclusion:emma: I think she’s fantastic compared to her other peers that have just debuted, and I think we should moderate on what is considered a “critique” and what is “hate”:huntyga:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Animal Claws

It's her character. The things she and her brother have said about Gaga made me move further away from them. 

And the music is boring to me

Except Lana never wanted to be huge, she kinda had social anxiety back then, during the BTD era she was actually very scared of becoming a celebrity and always claimed that she just wanted to be known for her music, so i don't really think you should be upset, or even be comparing those women, aside from the   "alternative/indie" gimmick, their vibe is different , billie is all about being minimalist, low-key, laid back

Lana's universe used to be way more about nostalgia i'd say, even if it's melancholic , she's still more eccentric than billie 

as for the reason why Monsters dislike Billie, it's prob a matter of taste, billie is almost like the complete opposite of Gaga.

Gaga embodies everything that makes pop music what it is, she's pure  pop aesthetics, assumed, fabricated and reflected as such, gaga is about maximalism, being over-the-top; campy, extravaganza, i mean just look at her career. billie's artistic persona is the total opposite of that. 

Archived