💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

I think some Gaga fans hate Billie because...

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

The only song i like by her is the crown one with the spiders. She's just not appealing to me. Simple as that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, blankpaper said:

There are some people who have such extreme visceral reactions to anything about Billie that it has to be about more than just not liking her music. I think the op is referring to that more than the people who just simply don’t like her sound 

Then if that’s the case then we can make this same thread about Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and the list goes on. I think many people like myself just can’t understand the praise she gets when as op kinda mentioned there are many artists who have produced similar work and even better that don’t get the recognition she’s getting. I don’t think anyone personally hates her because we don’t ****ing know her. It’s about the music. 

Bad Kids

They don't have similar style, just the whisper vocals but Lana has belting songs..

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

Beethoven

Some people hate just because. Maybe they don't understand why is she so big and that drives them nuts... But she's really cool overall. An excellent breath of fresh air.

I hv an answer for you : IMAGE!!!!

literally that's all. Billie is selling a look. Lana is just girl next door image.  Bye 

You’re actually kind of right she’s so inspired by Lana and to see Lorde Halsey and Billie do “better” than Lana ever did with mainstream audiences it kinda can hurt. I like Lorde and Billie but I think part of the reason I never got into Halsey was that (and I thought the New Americana lyrics weren’t incredibly cringe)

ProfessionalClown

Hear me out before you drag me because this is unpopular opinion central. We all have our opinions and thats the point of this thread. We all disagree on at least one thing with everyojye in our lives so dont take it so personal.

1. Gaga stans dont enjoy Billie because they're jealous of how accepted Billie is for being weird and eccentric while Gaga was constantly looked down upon. I expected our fan base out of all honestly to be the most accepting of her  buuuuttt I've come to realize while I love you all, you all some petty ass bitches and never like to see others except your "faves" succeed. Billie definitely deserves the success she has, whether or not she came from nothing or something. Talent is talent and if its used well in many ways (Drug issues, mental illness, climate issues, etc) who are we to chastise it? 

2.  Billie is DEFINITELY not like Lana. This is coning from a Non-Lana fan so take it with some salt okay. I dont enjoy Lana because if you were to take 3-4 songs from each of her albums and threw them together and named it something, it could pass for a new album and no one would notice. Its very copy paste honestly and theres just not much variety. I'm hypocritical I can say because Bon Iver is a #1 of mine and his is very one side of coin but at least there's diversity in that side. Name a single song of Lana than can compare to the style of Bellyache, Watch, Party Favor, Bury a Friend, My Strange Addiction, Ilomilo. Theyre not similar at all, theyre just in the same genre and have a decently monotone and breathy vocal performance. Thats it, stylistically theyre not all that close from my personal experience listening to both artists. 

ProfessionalClown
1 hour ago, mauvais said:

Lana walked so Billie could run wbk.

Fiona Apple walked so Lana could jog and let Billie run. Fiona is honestly the one who I feel started most of the indie alternative sound. 

Lord Temptation

I don’t think Billie is weird. Like at all.  She sounds and talks just like any other LA teenager. There is no comparison with her and Gaga. Stans just like comparing artist’s peaks and Billie’s 2019-2020 peak is somewhat reminiscent of Gaga’s majesterial 2009-2011 phase.

And I haven’t seen any hate against Billie’s music, only her attitude and repetitive fashion branding.

belting ravaged the music industry. It's a boring trend. Overused and now people call Billie's technique whispers. In comparison to the scream queens.... Yes ahaha, but having her flow and timbre is not something so easy. She's so pure and people don't understand. 

It's like in the 90's when all the rappers were called barkers. 

Also Lana is a trendsetter, she merged hip hop and soft rock with poetry and a unique voice. She doesn't need the same kind of recognition and she's  far from the one hit wonder now so don't be pressed for her.

hello hello baby.

8 hours ago, David Nathan Raveles said:

Fiona Apple walked so Lana could jog and let Billie run. Fiona is honestly the one who I feel started most of the indie alternative sound. 

Mazzy Star and Radiohead...

hello hello baby.

Archived