đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Billie Eilish - No Time To Die

4BLAiNE

Featured Posts

Battle 4 Ur Life

It’s a good song. Billie makes good music but I’m not a fan of hers.

Lana Del Rey would have made the ultimate bond theme. choices.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, D0P3 said:

It’s a good song. Billie makes good music but I’m not a fan of hers.

Lana Del Rey would have made the ultimate bond theme. choices.

They chose Billie because people are questioning the relevance of Bond and Billie is the most relevant artist atm. So they’re trying to revitalize lol Lana may or may not draw in viewers, ya know? No doubt it would be incredible but they picked Adele for skyfall for the same reason. It is a marketing move as much as artistic.

4 hours ago, The Cure said:

If West Side Story will have an original song and will be nominated for Best Picture, I think she will  have a tight competition for next year's Oscar for BOS. 

And In the Heights as well. Will that have an original song? If it does, OOF tight competition.

Jollibee
25 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

And In the Heights as well. Will that have an original song? If it does, OOF tight competition.

If some BP nominees for next year’s Oscars will have an original song that will be played during the film not at the end credits, BOS will be more competitive.  

StrawberryBlond

It sounded like how I imagined and not at the same time, if that makes sense. It's better than I anticipated. I still think a Bond theme needs a grander production, though. She's starting to hit higher notes, so there's vocal improvement. And the lyrics are very well constructed for one so young. But I don't know if this will win an Oscar, I just have that feeling. If she does, she'll have reached peak overexposure and it won't be good for her.

But I've said it once and I'll say it again - the Bond team needs to stop hiring the most successful singer of the year to sing the theme. It doesn't always work out as it should. I mean, Taylor Swift's sold more than her in the last few years and she wasn't picked and Ed Sheeran has outsold everyone in the last few years and he wasn't picked, so clearly, they have some level of standards for what fits the Bond brand. So, for God's sake, just let Lana do it for once and for all. While she's still young and relevant. I don't want to hear a 50 year old Lana sing a Bond theme some point down the line. Now's the perfect time when she's getting the best critical reception and getting nominated for AOTY. There are other names that could knock it out the park as well. Just because they're not the biggest names doesn't mean they shouldn't be picked.

Jollibee
31 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

They chose Billie because people are questioning the relevance of Bond and Billie is the most relevant artist atm. So they’re trying to revitalize lol Lana may or may not draw in viewers, ya know? No doubt it would be incredible but they picked Adele for skyfall for the same reason. It is a marketing move as much as artistic.

Yeah. Same reason with Sam Smith. He just had a smash debut album when he did the Bond theme.

Didymus
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It sounded like how I imagined and not at the same time, if that makes sense. It's better than I anticipated. I still think a Bond theme needs a grander production, though. She's starting to hit higher notes, so there's vocal improvement. And the lyrics are very well constructed for one so young. But I don't know if this will win an Oscar, I just have that feeling. If she does, she'll have reached peak overexposure and it won't be good for her.

But I've said it once and I'll say it again - the Bond team needs to stop hiring the most successful singer of the year to sing the theme. It doesn't always work out as it should. I mean, Taylor Swift's sold more than her in the last few years and she wasn't picked and Ed Sheeran has outsold everyone in the last few years and he wasn't picked, so clearly, they have some level of standards for what fits the Bond brand. So, for God's sake, just let Lana do it for once and for all. While she's still young and relevant. I don't want to hear a 50 year old Lana sing a Bond theme some point down the line. Now's the perfect time when she's getting the best critical reception and getting nominated for AOTY. There are other names that could knock it out the park as well. Just because they're not the biggest names doesn't mean they shouldn't be picked.

I think the "problem" with Lana is that she's never been cool. Yes, her songs get acclaim but they don't necessarily do well sales wise. Which is the key here. The Bond theme song needs to be a global hit, not just be an acquired taste for music connoisseurs (though a Bond song always has to be both which is why someone like Taylor will also never get it).

Lana will probably never do a Bond song. Which is fine for me. I don't like the formula. I'd rather she just focused on her own songs without some company telling her what to sound like.

6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I think the "problem" with Lana is that she's never been cool. Yes, her songs get acclaim but they don't necessarily do well sales wise. Which is the key here. The Bond theme song needs to be a global hit, not just be an acquired taste for music connoisseurs (though a Bond song always has to be both which is why someone like Taylor will also never get it).

Lana will probably never do a Bond song. Which is fine for me. I don't like the formula. I'd rather she just focused on her own songs without some company telling her what to sound like.

Madonna didn’t follow the formula. Her song does not sound like a Bond theme at all. Still it was a top 10 hit and was nominated for two Grammys. 

LadyxGaGa
1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

Madonna didn’t follow the formula. Her song does not sound like a Bond theme at all. Still it was a top 10 hit and was nominated for two Grammys. 

hopefully billie will sweep the grammys again and get an oscar for this song

LadyxGaGa
5 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

No Time To Listen

what do you do that you don’t have time to listen to music? 

4 hours ago, The Cure said:

Yeah. Same reason with Sam Smith. He just had a smash debut album when he did the Bond theme.

Yup! Waiting for Bobby to line up Gaga doing it. It’s *very* up her alley so it’s also surprising that she hasn’t done it.

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, LadyxGaGa said:

what do you do that you don’t have time to listen to music? 

LadyxGaGa
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

lol what? like you couldn’t literally do any task and just have music playing in the background. you could have listened to the song while you made that response lol

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, LadyxGaGa said:

lol what? like you couldn’t literally do any task and just have music playing in the background. you could have listened to the song while you made that response lol

I'm busy streaming the Album of The Year Norman ****ing Rockwell.

Archived