💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do you feel about HausLabs?

SHALLOW

Featured Posts

Didymus
1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

I just think it’s complicated. I honestly appreciate my beauty and myself way more when i wear makeup and that confidence tends to last even after i remove it so maybe she meant that makeup can help to build confidence and is also a way to express yourself, plus the bold looks you can make with haus labs can really put you out there instead of jus covering your face/blemishes. I just think no one even tries to understand her point of view.

That’s probably how she explains it to herself, yes. The only question which then remains is: why did she need to release her own make-up to spread that insight? Like you say yourself: people are already getting Gaga’s message for Haus Labs without her line. So what’s the benefit of having it out there except for a minuscule amount of people going for some daring looks in public which 99% of consumers would never dare to put on? And for Gaga to make money of course?

If she paired this line with new artistic projects I wouldn’t mind so much. But it’s not a side thing. It’s her passion project. Which is odd to say the least. There’s so many ways she could’ve spread a message of self-love. Releasing make-up just doesn’t feel like a wholesome way to contribute to society. Which is why I would’ve preferred her to have just released some make-up without pretending this had anything to do with empowering people. If she didn’t need Haus Labs to learn that make-up can help you to love yourself then we don’t either.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alannah

The products are amazing quality; I love how easy I can do a smokey eye. I was not anticipating on loving HL as much as I do. That being said, I will take the opportunity to buy all 12 shades of the new lip crayon if they offer a set. :pole:

I mean, i get it, she wants to make money, and she has every right to do so. But she is also turning into one of these stars that she used to make fun off. But as long as she is happy, good for her. It's just not something i ever expected from her. When she used to be the rebel, fight against all these things, i imagined her going above, being more artistic, changing things, and now it's "buy my new make-up thing" and "look at this awesome ring you can buy from blabla.com". 

But, it's her life, her choices, i just hope her next album is gonna be good, cause if not, then that's gonna suck.

Glamourpuss
16 minutes ago, Alannah said:

The products are amazing quality; I love how easy I can do a smokey eye. I was not anticipating on loving HL as much as I do. That being said, I will take the opportunity to buy all 12 shades of the new lip crayon if they offer a set. :pole:

There is a set. :pawsup:

Some LM's have slammed the packaging for being cheap looking but I really like it. 

fede ARTPOP
3 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Some LM's have slammed the packaging for being cheap looking but I really like it. 

It looks like a China fake product. :sweat:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Alannah
57 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I love it. :giveup: The pop of color is fun and it's very nostalgic to early MAC sets. 

JANNNNEEEEEEEE
20 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

What do you mean for men? Those products are for all gender identities as is any other makeup product from other brands. 

well i mean some men dont wear make up so they want something that isnt make up related 

SHALLOW
35 minutes ago, JANNNNEEEEEEEE said:

well i mean some men dont wear make up so they want something that isnt make up related 

But this is a makeup brand. :huntyga:

ToxicHot

I can't believe some of you people are actually saying you hate these products or are giving negative feedback on it if you don't even wear makeup or even intend on buying these products? What the f*ck is wrong with you? Just because you're salty that she hasn't released new music?? Tell me exactly what that's supposed to solve. "i StAnN hEr FoR tHe MuSiC nOt HeR mAkEuP"... Just show support regardless. Obviously we're all waiting for new music here. I'm not trying to start arguments but comments like that are honestly sickening and selfish. Think about how she would feel if she read this sh*t. No wonder she apparently doesn't interact with us as much as she used to. I understand negativity on this site is HUGE.....but even about Gaga herself? Take it to Twitter or something. If you have to hate on her endeavors, I wouldn't even consider you a real stan at all.  /rant

Anyway..... With that said, I'm a male and personally don't wear heavy makeup (maybe just concealer once in a while, and the occasional beauty mark :huntyga:). I don't know much about the beauty industry to give a truly constructive opinion (like others attempt to do around here), but all I can say is that she looks beautiful and the marketing for the products are very well done! My mom loves Gaga too and also wants to get some of her palettes. I don't know how to apply neutral makeup (for natural looks like the movie stars/people on TV do), but I'd love to get into that. Haus Laboratories is probably the only brand that I'd buy expensive makeup from. Premium makeup is very expensive and since I don't use it I never really intended to buy anything from Gaga's makeup line, but I DID buy multiple bottles of Fame (2) and Eau de Gaga (3). I wish she'd put out more fragrances! 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

On 2/14/2020 at 2:40 AM, SHALLOW said:

It’s not HL’s fault at all tho. The fact that she’a not revolutionary anymore is inevitable when she’s been doing this for 12 years. She doesn’t want or feel like shocking people anymore. She just does what makes her happy hoping that’ll make us happy too. Let’s not be always so shallow and think about the looks and acclaim she gets, plus HL’s photoshoots are total serves!

I'd have to agree with this. 

She was revolutionary for her time, sure, but it's illogical to think she's going to be revolutionary for her entire career. 

That's an insane amount of unnecessary pressure. 

MarcusBones

Couldn't care less about it to be honest, but I don't wear makeup so it does nothing for me. She serves looks in some of the ad campaigns though. Maybe I'll start using it if she releases a line of skincare, I just saw an article in InStyle saying Gaga uses the vitamin C serum fro Ole Henriksen which is the same one as I use so I know she has good taste in skincare. :gaysia:

indifferent 
but if she really wants to sell it she needs to promote haus labs at least using it better on herself..

rasclautmangos

I feel like Gaga wanted to create Haus Labs more for Sara/the"Haus" in general than for herself. 

In terms of the products, I don't wear makeup so I'm not excited. If they were to come out with other types of skin care/beauty products/tools, I'd probably buy them.

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, rasclautmangos said:

I feel like Gaga wanted to create Haus Labs more for Sara/the"Haus" in general than for herself. 

In terms of the products, I don't wear makeup so I'm not excited. If they were to come out with other types of skin care/beauty products/tools, I'd probably buy them.

I mean, ofc Sarah took a big part in helping Gaga creating HL but i doubt Gaga would do that just for Sarah :huntyga:

Archived